Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 09:09:03 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 310
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 296
Total: 296
296 Guests, 0 Users

Gromgeth's story about a 'The Red'.

Started by Gromgeth, November 05, 2012, 05:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gromgeth

Tutor Doomhowl asked me 'write' a story about an old legend, notable Orc champions or just a heart warming story from the past. Immediately I heard a name in my head many Lok'vadnods are heard about this Orc, some of you may already know the story but for the Orcs who don't... listen carefully.
(inhales deeply and when he lets the air out he speaks the following words...)

It was during the of the three wars between the Alliance and new Horde...
There was a Orc champion named Boxigar Saurfang, also known as Broxigar the Red or just Brox.
Broxigar was a veteran of the First, Second, and Third Wars well known among his people for his heroic actions in helping to hold a vital mountain pass against hordes of demons during the Third War. Of all of his comrades, Brox was the only one left alive when orcish reinforcements finally arrived on the battlefield. Though he was greatly honored by his people, Brox never forgave himself for his "cowardice" in surviving while all of his comrades died a noble, glorious death.
When the Horde shamans detected the temporal anomaly in the Stonetalon Mountains, Brox and a younger warrior were sent to investigate. Brox's companion, Gaskal, was slain and Brox himself was thrown ten thousand years into the past along for an unknown reason. Some say he was destined to and was send back by time itself for a damn good reason.

A lot of different stories of this Lok'vadnod are known, but this is what i believe.

Not knowing where he stranded Broxigar quickly came in contact with Night Elves and was captured. The Night Elves treated him like an animal, the priestess known as Tyrande was kind to him, giving him food and healing his injuries. Brox called her "shaman", believing that the powers of healing she used were granted to her by the spirits.
Brox was eventually freed by Tyrande. Brox's fighting skills earned him a fair reputation among the Kaldorei Resistance they had never seen a creature or fighting style before. Though typically xenophobic, the Night Elves accepted him.
When Brox's axe was taken by the Night Elves who captured him, the high druid Malfurion, under the forest demigod Cenarius' direction, created a mystical axe of wood that had the sharpness and density of a diamond. In Broxigars hands, it was to be the death of literally thousands of demons and allowed him to achieve the unthinkable against their lord.

Some of you know what happened at the Well of Eternity thousends of years ago! What you maybe didn't know is that Broxigar played a special part in that battle. The well got floated with thousends of demons and wanted to summon their Lord Sargeras (Speaking that name makes your bood cold.) to our beloved world Azeroth to completely destroy it.
(Gromgeth peers around the Orcs listening.)

At the battle over the Well of Eternity, Brox realized that if the world and the future were to be saved, his companions needed more time. Brox leapt from the back of one of the red dragons carrying him into the swirling portal that was opening at the bottom of the funnel! When he passed through, and arrived in the realm of the Burning Legion, he proceeded to slaughter multitudes of demons, blocking their advance towards the portal, slaying so many that he ended up standing atop a hill of their bodies  mocking more to come challenge him! It was there that he eventually attracted the attention of Sargeras himself, who came personally to put an end to the Orc's life. However, using the magical axe crafted for him by Malfurion, Broxigar did the impossible, and struck a small wound in Sargeras' leg. That for a second, tore Sargeras' attention away from his struggle to keep the portal open...allowing Malfurion and his allies to close it upon him. Broxigars life was ended by Sargeras, right before the demon entered the portal, by the jagged edge of Sargeras's broken sword. With this final act of loyalty, Broxigar the Red sealed his place in history as the only known mortal to have ever staged an assault upon the Burning Legion's leader.

Broxigar the Red died, not a mere honorable death, but was struck down in a blaze of glory nearly unheard of in the history of the orcs.

Broxigar was not send alone back in time, he had two accompanies, it is unknown who they were. But a few days later an Orc shaman spoke to Thrall told him the story about Broxigar and brought him the magical axe of wood. The shaman told his tale of how Brox helped stop another demon invasion, and implored the Warchief to sing songs of Broxigar the Red, his legendary life, and his glorious sacrifice.
(Gromgeth slowly nods and ends his story.)

"And...! I don't know if it's true but i've heard that the Night Elves raised up a statue to him, making him the the only orc to have ever been given homage by them.

(OOC: This was a task given by Mozzrog Doomhowl, I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you.  :) )