Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 04:25:47 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 245
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 144
Total: 144
144 Guests, 0 Users

New Rank: Oathbreaker

Started by Sadok, September 27, 2014, 11:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadok

We're making a slight change to the tribe's guild-roster structure, with the introduction of a formal Oathbreaker rank! For the benefit of clarity and information, here's a crash-course:

- An Oathbreaker is a Red Blade who has risen above the rank of New Blood and sworn their Oath of Blood, but for whatever reason (disobeying commands, abandoning the tribe, behaving in a dishonorable fashion) has betrayed the principles of the Red Blade Tribe and broken their Oath.

- Oathbreakers were formerly placed within the New Blood rank for OOC purposes or g-kicked. Unless there is any OOC reason to precipitate a guild-kick, any orcs who break their Oath will be placed in the Oathbreaker rank (this applies retroactively to any current New Bloods who were formerly Oathbound).

- Oathbreakers may earn the right to take the Oath of Blood anew, but the process is more difficult than a fresh New Blood as trust is harder to re-earn. Much like any other New Blood, they must find a tutor to prove themselves worthy. However, they must gather five Marks of the Red Blade (instead of the usual three), and must complete a final task given by the Chieftain, which is related to the offense which resulted in their Oath being broken.

- An Oathbreaker is of course no longer bound to their Oath of Blood, so from an IC context, they can leave the tribe to join another organisation with no further consequence. Breaking an Oath sworn in blood is a matter many orcs view dimly, so they might still expect a frosty reception from the Red Blade tribe.

Claws

I like this idea.
But I think it should go further to protect ALL and give a better IC feel to the situation.
The offending Orc and his / her accuser(s) should be brought before the tribe or a group of officers who were not involved in the offending action.
If the accuser(s) does not want to do this then the Orc is found not guilty.
It may stop certain Orc’s throwing their weight around for no IC reason.
People are too quick to judge against the new comers to the tribe and will / do kick just because of that without going into the IC reason behind the action.

If you put this into an IC situation new comers would not know all the rules nor would they recognise every Orc and there standing unless properly addressed IC.
And this does not mean whispers or comments passed in the OOC channels.

Side note this was why Orc of officer rank were the only Orc too wear a cloak in older days and all Orc wear there tabard / colours all the time to show who they are and that there not just a random Orc pretending to be Red Blade (IC) because we have not got big signs above our heads have we..
If they do not have their tabard / colours on they should be fair game for any RP and take whatever RP is thrown at them without any reprisal from the tribe / officers.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Therak

New Bloods haven't taken their oaths, and won't be made oathbreakers :)
Think, assess, act.

Claws

Quote from: Therak on September 29, 2014, 05:59:33 PM
New Bloods haven't taken their oaths, and won't be made oathbreakers :)

Oy

"But I think it should go further to protect ALL and give a better IC feel to the situation".

Not just New Bloods ya bucket head.  :P  :o  :) :) :)
True Blood

Rhonya

We've got so many oathbreakers at the moment that keeping them as newblood just made it confusing. That is what this rank is for, not for a 'law system' about kicking orcs or sending away newbloods. Orcs get a tabard when they take their oath, but if they wear them or not, is up to them. If there are other problems which don't concern the said oathbreakers, those are adressed seperatly ICly, seeing this is not a rank to 'protect' any orc, but merely to point out what they are and that possibly these orcs are earning their way back into the tribe as such.
So we'll stick to oathbreakers only, otherwise this rank will lose all original meaning and the purposes as Sadok stated.
Newbloods who were send away for any reason, can always as well try again to come by and ask for another chance.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Claws

Ah ok I understand a bit better now Rhonya excuses me.
Just proves that knowledge is a powerful thing.
I was unaware that there was so many Oathbreakers within the ranks.
Until it was pointed out to me by someone else.

They should all be publicly flogged I say to hell with the softly softly touch.
>:( >:(

I thought it was a rank to teach discipline within the ranks a place where you could send the naughty little Orcs.  ::)  ::)

But when you break it down can it not be a place for them naughty little orcs as well.
I firmly believe it would add some good RP.

My own take on the ones sent into exile are indeed Oathbreakers and have gone past the Blood oath taken with us so there word means nothing we could draw and quarter those ones couldn’t we just a little bit please go on just one or two peassss.  :-[ :-[ >:( ;D
True Blood

Lars

Muzjhath would have been on your side Claws! Flog the oathbreakers! She'd even volunteer to do it...

Marogg would also agree on no coddling if... maybe not the flogging.

All in all as an obeserver I see a use of such a rank. The Gurubashi used to have a thing like it for "lower than citizens" years ago.
Muzjhath got Iced by Sadok, after Marogg got Stabbed.

-The orc formerly known as Muzjhath formerly known as Marogg