Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 02:59:04 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 245
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145
145 Guests, 0 Users

These are the days

Started by Norv, May 15, 2009, 11:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

"Ornate Drinking Stein, this will be put at good use by Osan", mumbles Norvis, upon finding the big mug among his things.
"And this goes here", he continues as he puts a Barely Readable Diary together with several books. He had already sent to Torkahn some, and saved others for a meeting with him, and other orcs, as he felt he should explain a bit more before letting the orcs try their luck at deciphering them.

Making order in one's things can be so boring. He had done that since morning, and the stuff in this room was only half-sorted. And this was only the room he had in Silvermoon. The little Orgrimmar house, all the scrolls and other stuff left at Varg in Durotar, the cave in Dreadmist Peak, for Grom's sake, how long is all going to take? He had no time, he felt it so strongly. No time left.
Norvis wipes the sweat from his neck with the back of his hand, and gets back to sorting.

"Right, two Ruined Tomes... Still here, with the books. One of them orcs will have them if any good."

"Brann Bronzebeard's Lost Letter, no way I am going to get to Silithus now, this is lost, lost will remain."

"Several pieces of Explosive Decoy, should I send them by mail? A little dangerous, but the little storm child, no, I am not letting her have them, rather, Oznack may find them useful."

The sorting continues, till the sun goes down. With a lantern, that seems to make more shadows than light, Norvis gets out of the room slowly, to not disturb the carefully sorted stacks on the floor, and goes post a few letters as well.
"If it ain't broke, I can fix it!
... Oh wait."

Norv

Kei.
This is not an easy letter. But it must be done.
I do not even know where to start. I will have to start somewhere however.

In four days from now, there will be a Honoring the Dead ceremony. I do not know if I will still make it until then, so please, in case I do not, you step up and lead the orcs to it, like you did in the past when needed. It will be hosted by a blood elf, nothing you cannot handle, on the contrary, I hope he will be able to cope with the situation.

Kei, every orc knows you are not one to mourn, so do not. Throughout his life, an orc has to walk his path as the spirits laid it in front of him, and while it is in his power to try his best, it is not for him to question the time or the place of its ending. I have walked mine, and now, I am ready for the ending. For these are the days when, soon enough, the Chieftain will listen for a change, and if he keeps insulting me acting like I deserve no proper challenge, then I will force him in a way no honorable orc can refuse.
But, Kei, that is only the way things have to go, an orc cannot change them ways, even with the best intentions, as these are the ways of our ancestors and they shape any orc's soul. Even though some of us orcs act on them more recklessly, on spot or whatnot, and others less.
However, I would lie, if I were to say to you today I have no regrets ...

A sudden trotting and a few loud grunts disturbed the silence of Orgrimmar in the very late night. By the sound of it, a male and a female were passing by, apparently ... communicating. Norvis listened to the grunts, and for perhaps the first time in his life, he felt it was not "impolite", but the specific language of those orcs for which too many words have become useless and they don't use them anymore to understand each other, rather express themselves in a more basic, personal, and honest manner. Deep regrets made their way to the surface, gnawing mercilessly into the heart of the lonely orc.

Nagrand, mid-winter. Do you remember, Kei? We knew then, beyond any doubt, that the Chieftain has other things in his mind to keep tending to every need of every orc, like he used to, even though it may not be so necessary. We even knew then, that it can get worse. What we also thought we knew, was that it was his newfound family that would keep him apart, that the needs of a family do and will always interfere one way or the other with the needs of the tribe.
... But today, four months after, seeing all that we have been through since that day, I wonder. Was that a fair judgment?

And the consequences of that judgment ... In a flash, the memory of the oath he had made himself those days comes back to him. An oath made from conviction, and fear. And youth.
It was on the Elemental Plateau, after one night of wandering, that he had called his kindred spirit, the grey wolf, with his big sad eyes. The Wolf was now listening to the worried orc. But instead of consulting him or whatnot, Norvis had made an oath.
"I do swear today that for as long as I am here to serve the tribe, I will never bind my life with another orc. I have seen what feelings and worries for family can do to an orc, and while it is not that bad yet, it certainly is like a road on which as you walk further, the worse it gets. If I were to do the same, then is it not too big of a risk?"
Unshealting the red dagger that he wields even today, he had taken its sharp edge in his left palm and closed the palm on it, and blood started dropping on the old tabard laying on the ground.
"I do bind myself now, for the blood of the tribe, that for as long as I am here to serve it, I will never try to make a commitment to a she-orc, to a family, to a heir."

Emptiness.

All emptiness. That was all he could feel for a second, now, as his mind relived the scene. Right before the pain burst in. The unbearable regret. The doubt, and the feeling of being so powerless now, to change anything. Helpless. Unbearable.

Write, write, he has to write, to do something, to appease at least a bit the pain.

...It is said that an orc can see the meaning of the path he walked on all his life, when he is nearing its end. I do not wonder about myself, my choice ... is my own.
But you, Kei, can you ever forgive me?

---

Slowly, as in a dream, Norvis took the red dagger in his hand, and wiped it clean of some dried blood. Then he attached it at his belt again, still slowly, almost solemnly, before lifting his gaze to the window. A new dawn was entering the room, with its fresh careless beauty and cheerful little light.

... Oh wait."

Claws

What in the abyss is he up to now.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Norv

These are the days - letter to the tribe

To all Orcs!

These are the days when the tribe needs you, more than ever. I know you orcs. Many of the orcs out there have indeed the right abilities and knowledge to be able to perform tasks that all the tribe can benefit from. However, that does not happen. Perhaps some of you orcs do not really know fully what is the role you may fulfill best, we all have to try first, in order to understand our strengths and limits.

In order for each orc to be able to find their path, and for us all to see how he or she can help the tribe best, you be all invited to a series of trainings, tests, and even talks. They will ultimately give each of you his or her chance to choose their own way and earn their place in the tribe. It will be up to you, most of all, whether you be one to be them respected storytellers, that orcs rely on to keep their heroes alive, or you be one able enough to take charge of orcs in battle to victory, or perhaps you be the best cook of the tribe, anything be open for you to step up, prove your worth, and earn it.

Anything you be needing to understand further, ask me, I will take my time to explain.
But please try to remember: the race has started! Tomorrow, be the first training, a war training, for each orc to learn a few things of survival or strategy for victory. Or perhaps, show others what you can on the field. Whichever it is, you only have to try.

For these are the days when you make it all happen.
... Oh wait."