Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 01:35:30 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128
128 Guests, 0 Users

Letter from Northrend

Started by Norv, November 26, 2008, 11:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

In a village in the frozen hills of Howling Fjord, Norviskrall hurries to post a letter to the tribe.
The letter reads:

Norviskrall comes back to the forge and watches it twist and melt the last remains of the cursed necklace, and thoughts swirl in his mind.

"We were and are being watched day and night, through the empty eyes of this 'creature', by the Lich King's minions."

"My only hope is that it's not too late. That the Red Blades didn't attract too much the attention of the Lich King."

"Once they all destroy it, there'll be no more unwanted ears. Because this is not a being, it's a ...thing with ears.
Channels through which communication is possible. Actually, it's possible to be both ways, I cannot tell."

"If it ain't broke, I can fix it!
... Oh wait."

Claws

Glad I got rid of mine day I got given it.
Can't remember who give it me perhaps they work of the Lich his self.
Thank ya for the warning Norvis.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Nazkhur

Are you afraid? Let the Lich King see and quake in fear of the might of the Horde. Me show that not even death can stop us!
Better Red than Dead!

Oznack

What friggin necklace this be?!

Norv

If you ever got a strange necklace during the scourge invasion, a Haunted Memento, then that is the one. Perhaps it would be good to check your bags, you may not have noticed.
... Oh wait."

Norv

Something happened last night, and I would better write it down, as my memory seems more at fault with each hour that passes since then. Moreover, the tribe should know it; I am going to write it exactly as it happened, as if it happened to someone else, for all to know and make sense of it eventually.

Norviskrall starts casting astral recall, that would throw him through the twisting nether back to the location inscribed in his hearthstone. The spell fails, for the first time, and he doesn't even know if he's still where he was before or somewhere on the way, or grom knows where. He feels surrounded by shades, but he can't make out any shapes, he hears around voices, voices he cannot quite distinguish.
There's more light to his left, he tries to crawl there, though his whole body is hurting. He can see now outside the barn, a farm, and humans, horses, knights... emblem of the scarlet crusade?! Somebody yells unknown words to his right, Norvis turns his head with difficulty, it was a peasant that was staring at him and yelling, yelling, a yell that brings his headache to an unbearable degree, Norvis tries to use his hearthstone directly this time and it seems to work, it all vanishes, along with his conscience.

Awaken in the bright though cold Durotar sun, Norvis cannot quite make out the images in his mind. It almost feels like a dream, but then, why was he in Durotar instead of Dalaran? He checks his backpack and his eyes widen as he sees his hearthstone, a hearthstone that glows sickly in red and yellow shades, in place of its normal pure white-blue colors. Then the sick glow fades, but as he touches the stone with his hand he can still feel the corruption. He will have to replace it.

As he's inspecting the hearthstone, Norviskrall notices something glowing behind it. It was a Haunted Memento, one of those necklaces he thought long gone from his possession, and hopefully from all tribe's possession. "Grom dammit", he mumbles, while standing up and changing to a wolf. His body aches less now, in his ghostly shape, and he starts to run to Razor Hill, to the nearest forge, to destroy it. "Somebody must have thrown it to me and I did not notice!"
With that occasion, he might replace the corrupted hearthstone as well. "I wonder if it is only a coincidence that my hearthstone is corrupted, while I was carrying this ...thing." But anyway, there is no telling what a corrupted hearthstone may still have in store for the orc carrying it, he will replace it as he gets to a innkeeper, though he doesn't really want it at Razor Hill, well, he'll replace it somewhere else, until then, he will not try to use it anymore. That is, not for spells, though he could still keep it to communicate with orcs, that cannot hurt, can it?
... Oh wait."

Kozgugore

(( The plot thickens! ;D

Soon, we shall have the Lich King talking in our guild channel, agonizing us with bad monkey jokes and tales about randy vrykul!

Looking interesting! ;3 ))
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Greggar

Because orcs are green..Doesn't mean they can do photosynthesis..Or can they?

Claws

Quote from: Kozgugore on January 06, 2009, 08:13:38 PM

Soon, we shall have the Lich King talking in our guild channel, agonizing us with bad monkey jokes and tales about randy vrykul!

Already does goes by the name of,
occhh who just kicked me.  :o  :'(
Oh ok must not name names here.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.