Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 09:33:36 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 252
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124
124 Guests, 0 Users

Dry Season Hunting 28/01

Started by Ghora, January 16, 2010, 09:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghora

Heya Orcs.
Just a copy-paste from the DB official forums. It will be on a Sunday, most likely.

=================================================================

Before I left Earthen Ring, I had a hunting-themed event that I'd thought up, but never got round to creating it. So, here goes. (P.S: I'm assuming that it's the dry season in the Barrens for the lore behind this event).

*posted in Thunder Bluff, camp Taurajo, the Crossroads, Sunrock Retreat, camp Mojache, Freewind Post, Orgrimmar, Razor Hill, Sen'jin Village and Splintertree Post*

The months of fire's reign blaze in this season, as the other elements succumb to his burning majesty. For millenia, Orcs, Tauren and Trolls have practised the art of hunting in all kinds of environments, on different worlds. But as the sun scorches the land dry, do you have what it takes to bring back the biggest game?
The great hunt through the Barrens will be preceded by a small festival in Camp Taurajo to celebrate fire. Pyromancers, shamans, pyrotechnicians, ordinary folk are all welcome to come and show their respect for the fiercest of elements. After the Hunt, a ritual feast will be held in Thunderbluff with the Earthmother's blessed offering.

For sign-ups and logistics issues, please contact Ghorana Windaxe.

================================================================================

~~OOC~~

• The date isn't decided yet, but it'll most certainly be on a Sunday afternoon.
If you sish to join after reading this, please send me an in-game letter, or post here and I'll toss you a calendar invite when the time comes round. (I will also say when this is on the forums.

Event Requirements:

- Sense of fun
- Knowing what RP is.

Optional, but would really help you, I reckon:  GHI add-on.

The first part of the event is a classic fire festival, where people drink, eat and show off their fire-related spells and gizmos, with some fireworks why not? And if some torch-jugglers are around, we can have a go at that, with a small dance to boot! Come dressed up if you can! This will take place in the afternoon for about 45 minutes to one hour, depending on attendance, at Camp Taurajo (middle Barrens)

The second part is a little less straightforward: the Hunt. Not everyone will want to join this IC'ly, so it'll be with less people; I reckon
People hunt in the Barrens, in an RP-way. (With all the fun of a real hunt, traps, chases, etc.). This is done in small groups of three or four, or even two, and all groups must bring back fresh carcasses of two of the following:

• A Zhevra buck.
  • A Savannah lioness.
  • A plainstrider female
  • A raptor alpha male
  • A hyena pack-leader

In addition, the groups can get together to subdue and bring back ALIVE:

• A woolly kodo matriarch
  • A thunder-lizard male

Everyone will be in a raid, the channel of which will be completely IC, if you wish to share your hunting experience with others in the form of stories. How you hunt the animals is completely up to your group, be it on mounts, with traditional traps, guns'n'ammo, whatever. (plague will be frowned upon) Just meet up forty-five minutes to one hour later with the carcasses again in Camp Taurajo. Try and stay in the Barrens unless you IC'ly must go into neighbouring regions.
Try and aim for realism if you can: the dry season is the Barrens at it's most extreme, and I know many of you will be level 80, so don't just come back 5 minutes later with fourteen gazelles slung over your back and a stupid grin on your face. Pretend this is extreme.

The third part is a ritual feast, and speeches by those who attended the hunt/event. These take place in Taurajo at dusk. It is intended to show respect to the element of fire, as well as thanking the ancestors for the bountiful hunt. Then the event winds down, with a  second feast in Thunder Bluff (around the tier with the benches, in front of Cairne) for those wanting to stay a little longer.

Duration of the event... about 3 hours.

- Ghora, signing out. Please feed me back.

Kozgugore

Looks great! Hope this'll take place soon so we can all enjoy some good amount of hunting out there! Nice initiative! I approves!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Ghora

Bit of a short notice, but this is on Thursday 28th. I'll see you there!

Ghora

*staples thread back over tradechannel flood*