Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 01:30:19 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 232
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 213
Total: 213
213 Guests, 0 Users

Kor Windsnarl

Started by Windsnarl, July 28, 2018, 01:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsnarl

Name: Kor Windsnarl (Windsnarl on AD)
Level: 110

Tell us something about your (role)playing experience: I've been roleplaying almost as long as I have been on WoW. I cut my teeth in roleplaying on AD, then I transfered to Defias Brotherhood. There I sort of flittered about guilds as I rapidly created characters on Alliance while trying to take part in as many events as possible, from Dwarven Rifle Squad to the Dark Sphere., around the end of WotLK I stopped playing and moved on, namely to PnP roleplaying with IRL friends. Sadly I don't even remember half my characters for they were so short lived, but the experience of all the events as soaked in ( I hope )

I saw your old Guild tag and it got me nostalgic, so I race changed my Dwarf Shaman to Orc and wanted to catapult myself over here, especially after reading a backlog of the story posts by Kozgugore.

And finally, please write a short story and/or (IC) introduction about your character: ( please excuse any grammatical errors, I am not the most deft of writer, especially on forums. )

I am the Thunder Wolf, and He is me.

The wind howled furiously around the bluffs of Orgrimmar, sending red dust in cyclones across the crags. Sat passively atop one of the apexes was a lone orc, a thick wolfen hide draped across proud shoulders. beside the Orc sat a brazier of dark scorched brass, filled with burning embers. The orc sat in repose, rigid, as if alert for any danger, the wolfhead focused intently on the flames as they danced in their container as to divine some truth from them. This would be a correct assumption, for the Shaman was looking to the flames for clarity, not for the future as some may try, but to reflect on the past. Kor Windsnarl, The Thunderwolf as he would be called, Was a Warcaller of the Warsong clan. No healer or prophet, he was a living pillar of elemental strength, a fist of the Ancients. He would cry to the storm and it would answer. But now he stares at the fire, pondering on his life.

It was not a long one, not like the Overlords, but it was eventful. Born into the Warsong clan as they evaded capture, he grew up a Bandit and a renegade like all of his clan, He cut his teeth taking down human patrols and hunting game in the rugged lordaeron highlands. When Thrall came, he sensed a kindred spirit, one who's path would bring his own into being. Kor did not know Thrall personally of course, but the Warrior-Shaman's ideals echoed deeply within Kor, he fought all the harder for this new Horde. Kor wet his blade on the grasslands of the Barrens, in the boughs of ashenvale and even on the slopes of mount Hyjal, following his Warchief, his Clan and his instincts to battle. When the realm of Durotar was founded, Kor learned Shamanism, for the spirituality Thrall ushered called to Kor as readily as the call to battle. Quickly Kor learned of the Storm, the heavenly force of Lightning and rain. Swift and strong, the Storm was the favoured aspect of Kor, and he earned the name Windsnarl for his quick tongue and quicker blades. It was this time when the fledgling horde was taking it's steps, did Kor meet his Spirit companion, the Thunder Wolf. A caparious Storm Spirit, the Thunder Wolf takes the aspect of a spectral beast with static sparks dancing among it's fur and a howl of thunder. With Spirit and Axe, Kor took out into the fringes of the Horde to fight as a Paragon of the ideals it had come to represent.

Windsnarl was there to fight back the Insectoid Horde of Silithis, He was there to cast down the floating Necropoli of the Scourge, He wandered across Outland and Northrend. His ideals have never flinched, his pillars of Strength, Honour and Spirituality never wavering. Even when Thrall left to don the mantle of the World Shaman, Windsnarl has stood, never compromising even as brother turned against brother.

So he sits now, staring into the embers for clarity, once more the War Drums have echoed out, the Alliance, the honoured enemy, strikes back after a blow has been dealt by the Horde, and although doubt creeps across his soul, Windsnarl looks to the elements to answer, for he does not wish to see his ideals bent once more.  The Thunder Wolf howls at his back once more, and he feels the tug of the spirits at his chest.

Kozgugore

Hey there Windsnarl! Thanks for dropping by and showing interest in our snazzy, little community! :D And hey, who would have known we still have some old faces from DB around, let alone from the likes of DRS and Dark Sphere? Some big names for us oldies, that's for sure! (Even if they're from the 'wrong' side ;))

I must say that I certainly relate to what you claim regarding your writing... because this is phenomenal stuff! It's very well written and certainly sets the tone for your character, who also strikes me as a rather intriguing individual. I'm sure it would be very interesting to see him mingle with the rest of us Red Blades! So without further ado, I'd heartily like to invite you to seeking us out in-game for a little IC interview! Right now, we're faffing around in Silverpine Forest participating in the Drums of War campaign (possible BfA/pre-patch spoiler alert there though, if you plan on actively participating in it!), so you know where to find us! Hope to see you soon!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Windsnarl

Thank you for all your kind words, I shall be honest, my times in DRS and Dark Sphere were short, but enjoyable and shaped my idea of WoW roleplaying ( Every evil cult needs it's stooges after all ) And I have felt a massive pull towards the Guild-focused roleplaying in years.

BFA seemed like the perfect catalyst to try out a very Honour-Bound Orc, One who is very Warcraft 3, if you get my meaning  ;D

I'd be happy to roll on down to Silverpine Forest and introduce myself, following your Drums of War stories does give me a fantastic reason to do so.

Kozgugore

Interviewed and accepted by Okiba. Welcome to the clan! :D
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade