Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 07:33:51 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 241
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203
203 Guests, 0 Users

Application - Throgan Grimcleave

Started by Throgan, July 18, 2018, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throgan

Name: Throgan Grimcleave

Level:29 but I am going to get to 110 as soon as I am able to.

Tell us something about your (role)playing experience: My RP experience started about five years ago, I was active in SWTOR RP as a Mandalorian RPer which is a warrior culture with clans and honour too. I was part of many guilds on the Empire side where I was involved as a mercenary in numerous conflicts but taking contracts wasn't also below my characters. I've had half a year experience with D10 roll system and using character sheets however I don't mind simple D100 rolls. I have no issues separating IC/OOC and knowing the rules of RP. Such as no meta-gaming or power-emoting. My RP consisted of RPing an honourable yet fight loving Mandalorian Alor (chieftain in Mando'a) which is why I seek to RP with the Redblades as  I would feel quite pleased among Orc RPers. I am quite new to WoW RP so my Orc backstory might be tad lacking but I hope to make up for it by learning and expanding or fixing the story through time.

And finally, please write a short story and/or (IC) introduction about your character: Throgan was born on Azeroth into the Warsong clan, being son to Rogg Grimcleave who was a loyal follower of Grom Hellscream and fought alongside his clan to free the orcs from the internment camps, he drank the blood of Mannoroth with along with other Warsong clan members. As a result, his father joined in on massacring the Draenei in the bloodlust amplified by the demonic blood. After gaining some sense his father thanks to Grom slaying Mannoroth was regretful of the act that took place and decided to raise Throgan with honour and respect for the enemy. However, Throgan was born quite temperamental, getting into many brawls since the age of 12. when he came to the age of 15 he went through his om'riggor. Armed with just a one-handed axe he was sent out with no food or armour due to the traditions. After a week of search, the young Orc stumbled upon a sole grizzly bear, with a grin the Orc eagerly charged into the bear. with an element of surprise, the Orc landed a good hit on the bear, however, due to being too eager and cocky the Bear took Throgan by surprise and managed to score a nasty bite right into his side. The Orc roared out in agony at the pain and a long battle for his life took place. Being backed into a corner the Orc was overtaken by his bloodlust and gained upper hand on the bear, cleaving through its head repeatedly the bear died and as blood seeped out of it the orc rubbed his hand through the blood, painting it onto his face. Walking back to his clan the Orc presented himself to the Shaman and his solo kill was confirmed. Now a full-fledged member of the Warsong clan Throgan fought alongside his clan and the Warchief in the name of the Horde for the coming years.

OOC note: I am already expecting this backstory to wrong as the timeline is quite confusing to me so I am more than happy to fix the backstory in case it is lacking or wrong.

Grogok

Hey Throgan.  Nice Application..

as for lore stuff, there actually only a few things as far as I can see that might need to be changed..first. is as far as I remember the Warsong clan were never captured by the alliance and put in interment camps, which is what I think you mean with in custody of alliance...and second orcs are considered adults around 12-15 years old and it is at this time that most orcs would do the om'riggor when they were with their clan. and lastly, as far as I remember the warsong only came to Azeroth around 8 years after the portal opened.  and about 12-13 years after they came there..Grom were killed in ashenvale while killing mannoroth and it was around this time. that most orcs actually became free of the demonblood and started to regret what they had done (i think, as you said. the lore is a bit wierd at times). .. the timeline we have on our website is mostly accurate as far as any available source in concerned.

Throgan

Thank you for pointing that out, I will get to editing it asap.

Grogok

Any time mate, the lore is quite hard to get into, so feel free to ask anytime if you feel you are "lost" in the lore

Kozgugore

Hello Throgan! I'm very happy to see you show an interest in our merry, little band of orcs! You'd certainly be most welcome to it. :) I daresay you would indeed not be too far off with comparison orc RP to your past Mandalorian RP! (former SWTOR player here as well, albeit parttime) So despite your lack of experience in orc RP, I'm sure you'll be able to get right into the swing of things! As for your character's background, it looks perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned, actually! You kept it fairly simply and vague in terms of the specific timeline, which is sometimes actually the easier way to go. And there were actually occasions during which Warsong orcs were imprisoned as well (heck, even Grom himself was captured at some point, albeit briefly). So if you want to be born in captivity rather than in the wilderness, that's still perfectly viable! In any case, without any further ado, you're invited to come and seek out any of our officers or contacts in-game to arrange yourself an IC interview!

See you in-game! :D
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Throgan

Hello! thank you for the quick reply. I managed to edit the story without seeing your response first so I do apologise for that. The changes are quite minor so it shouldn't be too different. I will contact you all once the char is ready!

Kozgugore

Interviewed and accepted by Nosh'marak! Welcome to the clan!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade