Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 12:23:29 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 252
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 213
Total: 213
213 Guests, 0 Users

Last Post Wins (Forum Fatality Edition)

Started by Kogra Windwatcher, February 27, 2017, 05:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kozgugore

Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Groshnok

Gonna have to agree with Akesha. Red Blades slowly started to shift into more peaceful terms that never really made sense for many of the characters in my opinion. Part of the reason I think I began to become drained from RP was that things seemed to switch from fighting to diplomacy quite a bit.

Bamm

I hope it didnt sound like i was attacking anyone's views or style of rp. What you enjoy is what you enjoy and i'd hate to think i'd was making anyone feel uncomfortable for speaking their mind. Just giving my own perspective on what we became and what we where.

I liked the 'diplomacy' we tended to drift towards, but i felt that was a reaction to numerous amount of guilds that we found on AD with all the same general theme of military merc warbanding Orcs. Ended up feeling more like a travelling tribal family that happened to get into crazy relic chasing, spirit worshipping shenanigans. Not sure if that was a conscious decision but it like felt natural.

Akesha

I don't think anyone needs to feel attacked Arkail. We all like different things. I have my views on what the perfect Orc guild would be like and you have yours.

Btw, the idea of a military, mercy warband is just as unappealing to me as relic chasing, spirit worshippers is ;)

Wornag (Kronnor)

Yeah Ark, stop with your opinion, it's not PC, k bruh? Stop oppressing us with what you think, k bruh?
Jk, you don't need to apologize for stating your view, we're all adults here and we can have a normal discussion. Apart from Nosh, he's still a teenager. :D

Groshnok

Oh don't get me wrong, I liked how the tribe was not a warband bent on killing everything in a mindless "For the Horde" thing. I liked how the characters were three dimensional instead of being edgy killing machines. I guess what I was trying to say is that sometimes, not all the time but sometimes, I felt more like we were green humans instead of orcs.

Akesha

Quote from: Groshnok on May 14, 2017, 01:08:27 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, I liked how the tribe was not a warband bent on killing everything in a mindless "For the Horde" thing. I liked how the characters were three dimensional instead of being edgy killing machines. I guess what I was trying to say is that sometimes, not all the time but sometimes, I felt more like we were green humans instead of orcs.

The problem is Groshnok, that's kinda how official WoW lore portrays orcs these days. I honestly don't know why they bother having different races in the game.

I've always been of the opinion that rp doesn't have to stick rigidly to the lore. It's our game, we can make it what we want.

I agree with you that edgy killing machines are dull, but so are green humans. It doesn't have to be one or the other. I could write at length about what I think an Orc guild should be like, with the benefit of hindsight. You see, with hindsight, I think I did a lot wrong when I set up the guild and ultimately ended up not liking the guild I'd created. That's why I left all those years ago. I didn't like what I'd made, but lots of people did. Rather than trying to change things, and potentially alienating ever member of the guild, I left it in the hands of the people who liked it it the way it was.

They did a fantastic job of keeping that going.

Wornag (Kronnor)

Regorn

I never understood people who likes pickles.

Do normal things and eat a Toast with butter, ham, tomatoes, grapes, blueberries and honey.

Yes, I ate one of those once. It was a mouthful.
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Akesha

Isn't it true thatthe first thing everyone does with a Big Mac, is take the pickle out.

Disclaimer - I've not had a Big Mac since the 90s. I could be very wrong about this :D

Wornag (Kronnor)

Probably cause the pickles from McDonalds suck or something like that.

Bamm

I only really like mc donalds pickle slices, but i think it's well established  and you all know i am a tad peculiar.

*side tangent*

Spoiler: show

This pickle based debate/discussion made me think of this song.

Regorn

I had a bitch of a Migraine last night.
I fully blame all of you, because blaming myself is just silly.
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Wornag (Kronnor)

Quote from: Regorn on May 15, 2017, 11:00:39 AM
Quote from: Regorn on May 15, 2017, 11:00:39 AM

Gashuk

Quote from: Kronnor on May 13, 2017, 02:16:04 PM
All this talk about orc rp feels like going towards a fight amongst eachother... I miss Devilstep facts :(

Here is a few!

Contrary to popular belief, Devilstep was not named after an epic spar with a Devilsaur but infact, he was named after a popular brand of orcish hot-sauce. "Devil's Step" - Perfect for Pork.

Devilstep's signature red belt was always thought to be the banner from his heritage; "The Burning Blade Clan", in reality, he only wore it to keep his beer belly at bay.

Some say that Devilstep was the best Blademaster that Orcs of the Red Blade ever had; able to sever head from shoulders with a mere flick of his wrist. An Orc who tempered his trusty steel in the heart of volcanoes. All we know is he drunk a lot of tea, and that makes him a wuss.
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-
"When the ashes fall and the green winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."