Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 05:02:12 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 189
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 110
Total: 110
110 Guests, 0 Users

Poll: Red Blade - Multiracial?

Started by Kozgugore, December 30, 2011, 06:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Open up the guild to other races (namely trolls and tauren)?

Make it so!
9 (52.9%)
Hell no!
8 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Okiba

I'l keep my opinion short and sweet.

Form a sister guild for other races, make it subservient to the same chieftien. The Main guild and the orcs are a tribe, but with our new allies all together, we could finnaly take up the name "Clan".
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Gnash

Lastly, we shouldn't underestimate an effect I like to call the bandwagon effect.

New guilds have few members, which in turn discourages people from joining. People desire companionship and having a lot of people online at the same time is essential for that. A guild like ORB which is established and has a bigger player base, benefits from the opposite, because it is more succesful people are inclined to 'jump on the bandwagon' -- meaning they want to coast on a succesful guild rather than one that still has to prove its merit. I'm not saying that it's impossible for a sister guild to work, but I just think it's highly unlikely to succeed.

Mazguul

Short post, at work!

Yes, a sister guild would have to prove itself - which all depends on the players and their devotion to forcing it to spring from the ashes. We have ./.redorc and as such there IS a way for the guilds to always talk, have friends and interact OOC. It's a nice little community! =)

The trouble I can see about letting in none-orcs is this: putting all Tauren/ Orc/ Troll RPers in one basket might be a bad idea. I always thought we should be encouraging more guilds to form, strengthening the community rather than gathering up the strays. Perhaps gathering up the stays will cause them to create their own guild later along the line, perhaps not.

Of course, there are fewer RPers, and as such we're a dying breed on Defias B.Hood in comparison to the numbers of none-RPers (or so it has seemed to me). Is it time for us to admit defeat and move servers? Why spread ourselves thin when we can go elsewhere where there are more of our kind? <- these questions are ones that I have asked myself many times and only stayed on Defias B.Hood because of OotRB.

The trouble with gathering all Tauren, orcs and trolls into one guild is that there will be even -less- guild interaction as... there would only be one guild.

Still, there is one thing we all seem to be agreeing on: Horde RP is -very- quiet and something needs to give.
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Kozgugore

Quote from: Mazguul on January 03, 2012, 03:24:31 PM
Of course, there are fewer RPers, and as such we're a dying breed on Defias B.Hood in comparison to the numbers of none-RPers (or so it has seemed to me). Is it time for us to admit defeat and move servers? Why spread ourselves thin when we can go elsewhere where there are more of our kind? <- these questions are ones that I have asked myself many times and only stayed on Defias B.Hood because of OotRB.

The trouble with gathering all Tauren, orcs and trolls into one guild is that there will be even -less- guild interaction as... there would only be one guild.

Still, there is one thing we all seem to be agreeing on: Horde RP is -very- quiet and something needs to give.
At this rate, perhaps a better question would be "Should we stay on DB and try to CPR the remainder of the Horde RP community here, or move on to a more populated Horde server?". *cackle* I won't deny it, I've considered the possibility before, but moving an entire guild (and forcing other people to choose as such) might be a bit of a radical decision. Whereas I would have little trouble moving, I reckon there are other people out there who still have friends or such on this server outside of the guild.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Gnash

Like I stated before, I'd be more interested in a broad guild in which we can house the whole lot of goblins, trolls and tauren that are willing and able to role-play. Role-playing guilds in it current form are hard to hold together and I get the impression that ORB is the only guild succeeding in that regard, simply because of the great devotion our members have to role-playing like bawsses.

Yeah, we'd have to let go of our concept as it currently is -- but I really don't think this is change for the sake of change as people above me have stated. We could make a difference if we try, I am sure of it. Just look at all the great events our officers come up with on a monthly basis. No other guild can top that. So why not let go of the concept and keep it in our background story while coming up with something a bit more managable for more types of role-players? Race-specific role-playing guilds were a great idea in the glory days of DB, but we have to accept that we've ran into a turning point some time ago. Activity is reduced, and we need a change some way or the other.

And, seeing Kozgugore's last post just now -- I have to agree this all sounds mad and indeed a bit like trying to pump water out of a ship that's already sunk. Perhaps it would be best to move away and just try again in a different community. I don't think we can count on the other RP guilds in this matter anyway.

Vashnarz

The thing with moving is it costs a great deal of money to do so. Granted £20 Uk aint much for me but for other people who might not have stable income its not fair to ask them to move and be left behind i feel THAT would kill all guild rep we have and make us look like a group of dicks who dont think about there members. That is how I see it. Also for all them uni studants who dont have the money or can spare it due to needing to live i feel it would be a very bad idea OOCly however there are many questions we must ask ICly.

If we move how can we simply force our lore into the new severs? Where we there all the time just no one noticed us? I feel we would get alot of problems from the people on the other server for that and they would avoid us due to it. Sorry to say this but DB is my home in wow and if a move does go ahead thats me for red blades unfortunatly. I  would not follow. Sorry to say but i would not think it right to move and leave the members who dont have stable income.

Kozgugore

It's all just theorycraft so far, obviously. I have kept in mind these kind of things, and costs would obviously be kept into account, and everyone would be asked if they would agree and/or be able to. I very much doubt an idea like this would go through if more than, say, even 20% of the memberbase would disagree with the whole notion, as we're not planning on forcing anyone. In that regard, I don't see how it's disrespectful or would kill all the reputation the tribe has as an RP guild. Le alone go as far as to call us dicks. I've seen other (big) RP guilds move house before, and they did just fine.

As for transferring our lore to another server, I don't see any problem there. The tribe has never assumed any official positions within the Horde structure. It's an independent organisation within the Horde, and has acted individually as such. Sure, there have been campaigns and wars that haven't occurred on the other server, but we don't have to force those things down other people's throats. That RP can be ours at first, and as time passes and, depending on whether people accept us or not, we can slowly start to integrate small pieces of our more specific history, if even necessary at all. I mean, I don't see us confronting other RPers from outside the guild with events that happened exclusively on this server in the past.

Still, I can't help but agree with Gnash' view on how the server feels like a bit of a sunken ship. Sure, it's had its quiet times before, but it grows increasingly hard to find any guilds we can do something with to begin with. Even rival guilds, of the more dark Horde-sided point of view, are starting to die away here and there.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Okiba

I Remain dubious as to if changing server would much improve the RP Quality or quantity, i for one am never leaving DB.... but we seem to of de-railed a litt,e

I suppose the options are really just simple... Either make the current guild multi-racial and call it "clan red blade" ... if you can infact re-name a guild. or make a sister guild.

And as for RP on DB? its been Seven years All games go on the down in the end, but my honest opinion remains that people have just gotten lazy and unimaginative.
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Lars

Yes, still here. Hiding in shadows!

I haven't voted, since I'm neither fully for or fully against.
Both have merits. And bringing more tribalish shamanistic RP to the server is never a bad thing. More so since Kalimdor needs a boost.

Still, if the guild itself changes it should't be a 360 into inviting them. Should be a slow process of the tribe expanding to more than orcs. Picking up 2-3 induviduals to start with would most likely go smoother for all orcs involved. Slowly opening up as a flower to the sun.

The sister guild idea is a far simpler one to do. If it weren't for the horrid guild perks that make people don't want a fresh guild. In hindsight one of Blizzards worst implemented ideas.

But one thing mentioned here I think everone can agree on. Letting Darkspear Trolls and Tauren join in events. Maybe even the Tribemeetings (For the information if nothing else). As this will bind the kalimdor horde closer together.

Just some thinking, I know it's rare from me!
Muzjhath got Iced by Sadok, after Marogg got Stabbed.

-The orc formerly known as Muzjhath formerly known as Marogg

Claws

NO

ORCS of the Red Blade.
The title says it all!
Not any one who wishes to be an Orc of the Red Blade Tribe.

But then again `Tribes of the Red Blades' sounds nice as a sister group.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Groshnakk

And now that you have opened our doors, how will we get them on our forums? Is it an application aswell?

Morgeth

They're not joining the guild, of course. But I'm not sure about forum access o_o
I want to be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.