Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 01:44:19 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 252
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203
203 Guests, 0 Users

An Ocular endeavour in pursuit of dept

Started by Bamm, July 02, 2016, 05:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bamm

Arkail departed the Zepplin and made his way down the tower. The ruins of Lordaeron loomed in front, flashes of lightning cracked the night sky and rain lashed down. The rotten stench of damp fetid wood, stone, earth and dead flesh assaulted his nostrils and made his eye almost water. A smirk appeared on his lips as he entered the gates. Home at last. He embarked the elevator and descended to the Undercity below at once he felt eyes in the dark upon him, spirits perhaps of  the long dead and still suffering bound to this place or perhaps just some ner'do well wondering what an Orc was doing here. The anxiety rose in Arkail's chest as he headed further and further into the city. Forsaken of all types and races carried on their business, the city of the dead never slept. The anxiety drew near fever pitch his heart pounded in his chest. Arkail felt alive, he knew he probably should have stayed in razor hill and stared at the walls of the tavern and  made small talk with the other orcs as they played with their young and such as they rightfully relaxed.

Arkail however had business and it did feel good to be so unsafe. He had an appointment with an Apothecary who excelled in,surgery, organ transplant and tissue regeneration. True it was among the undead he generally dealt with, but Arkail had done his research and knew of him being a healer and doctor in his previous life. Arkail examined the file he had made. He always felt it best to know someone before meeting them, if at all possible. A simple sketch of the man was attached, He was in every way a typical apothecary.

Name: Arthur J. Basenheim
Known alias  Professor Basenheim, Art, AJ.
Family: None listed, possible Worgen connections though offspring
Birthplace: Stromgarde
Skills: Surgical anatomy and  general practice. Theoretical Alchemy. Implant biopsy and regenerative organ structure.  Dentistry medicine
Profession: Mid-level Apothecary assigned to research possible use of Abominations and flesh golems in the field

Should be just what i need he thought to himself as he rubbed his right cheek. He turned left and right and left again winding through the corridors and cavernous halls of the Undercity till finally, he reached his destination. A small lab with operating table, pained moans echoed through the lab from beneath, followed by a wet sounding implosion. Dwarvish if his ears didn't deceive him. A viable hardly test subject if somewhat distasteful perhaps. Arkail hummed to himself gently as he walked across the lab Hulking abominations peered at him as he passed slowly falling in behind him following him. He could hear the squelching sounds of their insides. Arkail stopped at a rough-hewn wooden door and rapped firmly upon it. A rasping reply answered
“Herrrrllo? Yesss yess commmme inn”

Arkail entered and found a small unassuming forsaken man stooped over his desk a half dissected Rabbit upon it twitching and if he was not mistaken still somewhat alive.

“Hmm Orrrrc eh. Whaaaat doooo yoooou waaaant?”

Arkail replied firmly and politely, bowing his head slightly
“I am Arkail Blastblade, i  have been told of your work and i have come seeking some 'medical' treatment”

The man instantly stood upright tossing the rabbit by its foot till it hit the wall and slid down.

“Trrrrreatment! Hmmmm my myyyy indeeeeed yessss, I am Professor Arthur J. Basenheim ”
He  tucked his hands into his thick apron as he introduced himself proudly, then made an annoyed buzzing dismissing sound to the Abominations now flanking Arkail and they sludged off back to their posts. Spryly the forsaken skipped around the desk once and then examined Arkail circling him.

“Sooooo myyyy boooooy what doooo you neeeed, How can i be of assistance, what do you need. Wait! doooont teeeeell a neeeeew eye, perrrrrhaps sooooome neeeew teeth eeeey?

“A new eye, I would prefer to have two, as you can see I only have one” Arkail calmly said following the Professor as he walked to and fro examine him.

Arkail head was grasped by the forsaken and the professor began to peer into prodding his face and agreeing with himself in a half mumbled conversation only he seemingly was having.

“Thaaaaat, t-t-thaaaaat is the recoooooommended nuuuuumber of eeeeeyes for annnn Orrrrrc yessssss.. hmm yesssss”  he nodded

“I am unused to working with living skin it is a different prooocess alll together and you eye lid is completely gone yes. But i can do it will be triiiicky but i can do. You're an odd one yesss. I thought you orrrrrc liked the scars and holes and misssing body parrrrts, even braver to visit an Apotehrcary in the bowels of undercity would not  a whatchamacallit a... a.. “

The forsaken clicked its bony fingers

“A shayman yes a shayman, would you not be better suited. We get a bad reputation us apothecaries but we care only for the purity of science.”

Arkail smirked “I always preferred to trust science, like i said i have heard of your work, quite novel and enterprising indeed”  

“The forsaken looked him square in the eye. his accent changed” A strange one indeed a marvelous specimen of a divergent Offshoot in the Orcish race. Underdeveloped muscles, correct human-like posture. No bodily odor and impressive dental hygiene and clothing quite in fashion amongst the Blood elves.  Are you sure your an orc my boy? “The professor remarked sarcastically.

“Quite sure Professor.” Arkail smirked in reply

“Well then let's get down to business then, no more dilly-dallying about. Now your eye can be replaced but I will have to cut away and replace a lot around your orbital socket. I can promise you will have full vision and control of your eyelid, but some facial expressions raising the brow smiling and such will be affected and may never return, but some simple exercises may help with that, yes to correct any nerve damage and your skin pigment will differ if will be a donor's skin and eye of course.”

“Perfect, when can we start and as regards to payment?”Arkail replied.
“No payment necessary only that i can give a lecture on your treatment when successful”

“Right well no time like the present hop up the table and undress to the waist, i shall return in a moment.”

Arkail hopped up on the table and undid his jacket and shirt buttons, folding them neatly, he filed a nail as a sound of a scream in the distance rang out and echoed.

Moments later the Professor returned wheeling a covered gurney towards the table which Arkail sat.
"Now my boy are you ready?"

Arkail felt the anxiety rise in his chest as he nodded , he swallowed down hard as he lay back. The professor placed a hose'd mask upon his face. He felt safe as his heart pounded.

Slowly everything went black....

Arkail opened his eyes, both of them and at once was met with a stab of pain, like nothing he had ever felt. his yelp drew the attention of the Professor who appeared over Arkail his face zooming into his vision.

“Ah Arkail you're awake, good. Now tell me close your left eye and say how many fingers i am holding up yes?”

Arkail was dazed and confused but did as the Proffessor asked and focused at the proffesor's clawed bony hand, he was holding out two digits

“Grrmm two” Arkail replied as he went to touch his face finding himself restrained to the table.

“Ah sorry about that one moment” the professor undid the restraints and handed Arkail a mirror

Arkails hands shook as he took the mirror and gazed into it. He saw his face and went to smile, touching it. The lower half of his face was stiff but he could smile. He went to touch his newly attached eye and found no sensation there he tried to raise his right brow but found he could. Thankfully he found he could blink.

The professor watched arkail writing down notes in a tome. “No sensitisation in your cheek or brow no? I thought so, but you have full function of your mouth and eyelid. This is good news a success yes?”

“Hmm indeed” Arkail replied noting the difference in skin colour if only very slight “ will i regain function and sensation?”

“In time perhaps my boy. Now i will show you some exercises for you to do, but i will need you to keep the right side of your face covered for at least a week and no combat or physical exercise for at least two weeks”

Arkail nodded as the professor began to bandage his face, he shook the professors hand  and left the lab. He began his journey back though undercity, he would stop by his quarters first then head back to Orgimmar.