Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 11:12:09 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 252
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 187
Total: 187
187 Guests, 0 Users

[Realm forum] Why we should use it more

Started by Okiba, January 22, 2015, 08:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiba

Copy pasted from defias-RP, excuse the particulars of language!

Realm Forum

What is this? Well, funny you should ask. Of late, dare I say this last year, I've noticed our realm forum (thats this one) turn from a dissused and often forgotten thing occasionally full of bumps for RP guild recruitment threads, become one swarmed over by W-pvp/pvp/Griefers guilds. We have lost our main forum. Though many will shrug and not much care about this, I beg you to reconsider, though this forum (DefiasRP) has its used, it essentially over the years has made us reclusive and hard to reach. Don't get me wrong, this place has uses but we really can't just hide and shy away here. And furthermore, all this has some long term effects...

1 - the RP community looks non-existant. We get no coverage, all the while other guilds such as <Mithridatism>, yes a guild who's sole purpose is to annoy us, gets better promotion than us.

2 - It leads to the continued (but more hastened) decline of RP populations.

3- More W-pvpers will flock here seeing that its a haven for their 'wants'.

So, what can we do I hear you ask? well, simple.

1 - Post/bump your guild recruitment threads on the realm forum. regularly, give them a bump/nudge every two days by cycling between officers/guild members. Add some gentle conversation to keep it active.

2 - Place queries, game threads, story's and everything else random on up there. Our game related section is stuff with threads that are worthy of the realm forum, everything from "your characters voice" to questionaires.

3 - Avoid confrontation with Griefers/trolls, but be aggressive in how you 'dislike' and report bad behaviour on the forum. I myself this last weeks have been reporting several people and had great success... if you want to know more about how to do this, what language to use, or what to do... check out these pages!

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/ingame-and-forum-conduct

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/rp-and-pvp-realm-policies

http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct

4 - Make threads on the core RP website  (This forum). DB needs advertising beyond its own borders, and this forum is great for adverts.

All in all this is a plea from me. If your a Gm/guild officer, copy paste your threads over, promote your guild and roleplay, constructively report and 'dislike' offensive behaviour and ensure our forum, yes our forum, stays very much ours.

Give me a /sign (then actually go do some of this stuff) and lets get the ball rolling! if anyone has any questions/suggestions/gripes, drop a message in here.
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Thrash'Nak

Thumps up, retweet, like all that social nonsense that says you approve. Good job krogon. :)

just bumbed all the threads i could find. I hope everyone else will as well.
Nothing comes easy, and besides nothing easy is worth having.

Groshnok

Kozgugore

If you're extra bored, give some thumbs up to all RP-related posts, and thumbs down to all the chest-bumping trolling and nonsense!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Okiba

good stuff folks. Just remember to build on and keep at it as the weeks go by! stay tuned!

Okiba

I know i'm double posting, but thanks for the help so far! its really starting to show some effect.

if you have time this second, do keep the following thread bumped and be sure to like all the positive comments (to ensure a sticky).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13123158388

thanks again and keep at it!

Okiba

if any of you are bored...

do me a favour and comment with an agree/thread 'like' on this thread...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13686180239#1

Sadok

Quote from: Krogon on February 18, 2015, 11:31:02 PM

I obviously understand the frustration about griefers, but even if Blizz end up taking a more assertive stance on their attitude in regards to PvP and harassment, there's essentially absolutely zero percent chance they implement things like preventing non-RP PvP guilds from advertising on realm forums, much less forcibly transferring non-RP PvPers off the server.

I sort of think that whatever good intentions you may have, little but endless forum drama will come from it, once even a single WPvPer reads the thread and notices the way that they're all being tarred with the same brush -- when realistically, it's only been VM and Mith that have historically given us sustained problems.

Okiba

Quote from: Sadok on February 19, 2015, 12:15:07 AM
Quote from: Krogon on February 18, 2015, 11:31:02 PM

I obviously understand the frustration about griefers, but even if Blizz end up taking a more assertive stance on their attitude in regards to PvP and harassment, there's essentially absolutely zero percent chance they implement things like preventing non-RP PvP guilds from advertising on realm forums, much less forcibly transferring non-RP PvPers off the server.

I sort of think that whatever good intentions you may have, little but endless forum drama will come from it, once even a single WPvPer reads the thread and notices the way that they're all being tarred with the same brush -- when realistically, it's only been VM and Mith that have historically given us sustained problems.

And any drama/action on their part and in any hostile fashion, attempting to vindicate such behaviour only does one thing... And thats make my point for me. Sorry sadok, i hAve to strongly disagree with you. If rp'ers continue flooding out and pvp'ers flooding in then by the end if the year it will be a dead server for rp.

And thats not a guess, thats looking at the continual drops in rp'er population. Hell, stormwind is nearly completely dead already.

So after ten years, i want something done, not just hoped for.

Sadok

Quote from: Krogon on February 19, 2015, 12:50:44 AM
And any drama/action on their part and in any hostile fashion, attempting to vindicate such behaviour only does one thing... And thats make my point for me. Sorry sadok, i hAve to strongly disagree with you. If rp'ers continue flooding out and pvp'ers flooding in then by the end if the year it will be a dead server for rp.

And thats not a guess, thats looking at the continual drops in rp'er population. Hell, stormwind is nearly completely dead already.

So after ten years, i want something done, not just hoped for.

Blizz did nothing whenever the entire Defias community poured out in support for page after page in 2012, during the height of ABoC. Nothing's going to happen now, except opening OotRB in particular to further PvP attacks by making us an easy target, because whenever you kill us, it creates the forum drama and attention that WPvP trolls crave so much.

Stormwind isn't really my concern, and there's no widespread evidence currently of Horde ganking guilds anywhere near the scale of ABoC of old. As for this guild itself, getting wiped by WPvPers is annoying, but it's the kind of immature forum drama that results from it which will cause me to quit at some point, rather than the griefing itself. I'm an RPer, not a salaried public-relations officer employed to do damage control whenever the next inevitable batch of OOC drama comes along.

Consider that VM didn't touch us for the duration of WoD until they showed up with Krez's rogue, then consider that we've very capably and competently repelled WPvP guilds for years now, both by ourselves and with the help of the non-RPers you want off this server.

Then perhaps realise that there's a distinctly personal element to these attacks on OotRB (we're being singled out for a reason, if you haven't yet connected the dots), and that given that Blizz will continue to wring their hands and do nothing, it's counter-intuitive to tar all PvP guilds on Defias with the same brush when we'll need the aid of guilds like Dominion and Necronos to actually help us in the future.

That's as much as I'm prepared to say on the matter tonight, at least.