Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 11:55:26 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 239
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 224
Total: 224
224 Guests, 0 Users

The essence

Started by Kozgugore, January 29, 2012, 02:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kozgugore

The essence

Kozgugore lifted his chin, inhaling the scent of the forest around him. As opposed to the more open fjords he and his tribe found himself in only a week ago, these hills are a different world entirely. The trees here in Grizzly Hills smelled different; rich, crisp and clean. He put a hand to one of them, the bark strong and thick to protect it from the cold climate. Here, winter never ends.

He looked down to his left. There, his companion and brother Shrewd returned its fierce, yellow gaze to him. Though the worg hails from a warmer climate back in Outlands, his thick coat, though wet from snow, has prepared him for the cold that awaits them.

“A-hunting we go, my friend. Today’s the day we get our chance.”

The worg gave him an understanding look; one that radiated confidence and warmth. They’re traits not spoken, but Kozgugore could definitely feel them. That’s the advantage with animals, after all. They have no need for complicated  terms or descriptions. You can simply read their intentions and their very hearts if you just know what to search for. No hidden intentions or thoughts that you may have to worry about later. With that one look, the orc pushed himself off the tree, venturing forward into the mists that lay ahead in the great pine forest in front of him.

The vast wilds spread out in front of him, but there was one spot that instinctively attracted the orc and his companion. It was a sole clearing in the middle of the forest, with a rock that seemed to be there with almost an intent purpose. The orc sat himself in front of it, while the worg simply laid himself down next to him, patiently awaiting the orc’s next move. A carved, wooden figurine appeared from the orc’s satchel, shaped in a resting wolf, which was placed on that one stone. Then, the orc’s eyes snapped shut, and in the darkness that followed, the sounds of the forest around him would soon take on a world of their own.

Birds sung even clearer, and the sun even brighter. It was then, when he realised he heard something completely out of place in these Grizzly Hills, that he was now in a different place entirely. The sound he heard was that of the familiar razorwinds back in the valleys of Durotar. They grew increasingly louder, until finally, he could heard the faint sound of a rider approaching. It was then that he could see, and feel, and even smell. The winds were harsh, but they did barely more but annoy the skin. The smell was thick and prominent, almost familiar, and  what he saw was a worg with barely any gear save for a simple straddle, mounted by an orc. This particular orc was the kind one wouldn’t soon forget; clad in the finest of orc armours, carrying the colours of a dark red pattern and, finally, clad with a dark and ragged wolf mask. Though he certainly didn’t recognize the orc, there was something undeniably familiar and reassuring about the orc. It was almost as if their gazes met, when the orc seemed to reach out, and spoke with a clear voice.

“The hunt is good. The wolves still howl from afar. Conflicts arise and pass on. But we â€" we march forward. Never resting. Never letting up. I’m waiting for you.”

It was as if the orc was about to rein in his wolf, when suddenly something pulled the chieftain back into the present again. His eyes opened, and in front of him, the finely carved figurine was glowing with a most prominent hue. He smiled to himself, realising the essence he was looking for had been found and captured. When the right day comes to pass, this small, simple statuette might just end up a lifesaver.

OOC: I realised this has turned out vaguer and less informative than I had first planned. Either way, it's just a little something I personally wanted to write down, for future reference!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Loial

ooc: it was a great cliff-hanger story, and damn well written!  :o
i wanna know and read more  :D
I slap those lazy orcs with my big stick!

Grekthar

Ditto. Loving the writing Koz!

I feel like I'm the only sane one in this Tribe. And I have four elementals living in my skull!

Mazguul

I always love your stories! Though how curious. What is it? What will it do? When will it be used? I can't -wait- to see the conclusion! =D

Also, the piccy at the top - fabulous!!!
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Sadok

Very interesting story, and an amazing piece of art at the top. Five Shrewds out of five!

Okiba

Very good Koz, i very much enjoyed that.

and an awesome bit of artwork to boot!
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."