Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 04:40:15 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 276
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 261
Total: 261
261 Guests, 0 Users

Claws

Started by Claws, July 28, 2008, 03:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claws

Big wall incoming.
Posted before hope this is what you meant.

It is Claws story what makes her tick.
What makes her react the way she does.

The telling of my story is a long one but which needs to be told to fully understand me and to understand me is to have a.

A trusted blade by your side

First I must give a short history lesson of the Orc as handed down to me by my teachers.

The year of -10000 BO
The Night Elves arrived first and opened the way for the Dark Legions of chaos to enter the world.
The Elves unable to defeat the Legion ally them selves with the Dragons which then roamed the lands.
The ensuing war was so apocalyptic a great part of Kalimdor broke apart from the land mass and fell beneath the sea.
The Elves seeing what they had unleashed upon the world vowed nether to use magic again.

The year of -6000 BO
A group of Elves are unwilling to do this and break away to form there own kingdom of Quel’Thalas in the newly formed eastern kingdoms, and refer to themselves as High Elves.

The year of -2900 BO
The Human Empire of Arathor is founded in Lordaeron and expands into Azeroth.

The year of -2700 BO
The High Elves once again are at war this time with the Trolls and ask for aid from the Humans and show the humans the way of magic as payment for there aid in a war that they once again can not finish alone. The combined forces almost wipe out the tribal Trolls.

The year of -2600 BO
The Humans reckless use of the magic let lose the Dark Legion or the Burning legion as it is was also known once again.
Groups who call them selves The Guardians of Tirisfal is formed and are charged with fighting a secret war with the Legion.

The year of -200 BO
The Human over expansion of the world cause fragmentation into 7 nations. Azeroth and Lordaeron being just 2

The year of -45 BO
The lord of the Burning Legion Sageras is killed but not defeated by Aegwynn one of the Guardians of Tirisfal in single combat but un be known to her his sprit bonds with her soul and her future unborn child.
The Legion is once again banished from the world.

The year of -40 BO
But although they were thought to be banished from the lands the Burning Legion are busy corrupting the Noble and peaceful shamanistic Orc nation.

Under the rule of the Shadow Council (the Legion) the noble Orcs become a rampaging horde and decimate large areas of the world with little or even no loss to there selves.
With nobody to stand against the horde they turn there bloodlust on each other.
Tribe fights tribe for dominancy over each other with tyrant warlords set in place by the Legion.   
But there victories are short lived.

The year of -37 BO
Aegwynn gives birth to her son Medivh who is destined to become the Last Guardian.

The year of -1 BO
Medivh is slowly corrupted and driven mad by the sprit of Sageras the Lord of the Burning Legion within him and when he is able opens a dark portal.
He contacts Gul’dan leader of the Shadow Council and makes a dark deal in exchange for the destruction of Azeroth he hands over the location of the tomb belonging to Sageras.
Becoming pawns to the Dark Legion the Horde start there invasion of Azeroth.

The year of 0 AO
Medivh is killed.
Leadership of the Horde falls to Orgrim Doomhammer who conquers the Azeroth and Khaz Mordan nations the Horde claims Blackrock Spire as its base of operations.
Mean while Lord Lothar leads a Human exodus of refuges to the northern nation of Lordaeron.
Once there he unites the 7 Human nations to once again fight the Orc Horde.
In the ensuing chaos a young Orc was found and although not killed was taken by the Humans and trained as a slave and gladiator for entertainment his name was THRALL.

The year of 18 AO
Thrall escapes the humans and sets of on a life quest to once again reunite the Orcs and to the glories of there past.
On his journey he succeeds in reuniting a number of renegade Orc tribes and leads them on a revolt against the Alliance of Humans.
In time Thrall becomes our greatest and new warchief and helps his people to find there way back to the shamanistic culture.
Reinvigorated the horde has finally started to lose the last traces of the Legions demonic corruption.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It his here that my story starts Thrall needed to lessen the burden on his self and in powered his personal body guard Nazgrel to aid him in the running in the day to day maters of the now vast Orc Empire.

Nazgrel became trusted and much liked by the Horde and even respected by the Humans for his Honor both on and off the field of battle.
He lived by his own code which was looked upon by some with strange amusement for that of a great warrior.

1.   Be selective in your prey do not kill for the love of killing that only takes you down the path of the berserkers and once again to the doors of the Legion.
2.   Be wary of all whom use the dark arts especially the warlocks for it was these that plunged our kind into the service of the Legion.
3.   Trust is built upon time, trust once and see what develops from that trust.
4.   Never look down on an Orc of lower station we all started there even the greatest of our warriors and leaders.
5.   And above all nether ever take the blood of an orc unless he is your mortal enemy.

In time Nazgrel took an Orc wife Teku who he had rescued from a Human raiding party among the hills of the Barrens.
Teku was of a wild character which drew Nazgrel to her, not knowing a family and only a handful of trusted friends, she was street wise living in the back alleys of Alliance and Horde town’s coming and going as she liked an Orc of great stealth known to her few friends as Ghost.
The marriage was how ever short lived as she could not live the life of Nazgrel within the confines of the Horde city.
She left Nazgrel with great reluctance and on good terms and vowed to return to him when she felt she could settle down.
Nazgrel was torn between the Horde nation and his love for his wife but could not leave the Horde but understood his wife’s dilemma has he too had a deep longing for the open tundra again.
He provided for all her needs and gave to her a great wealth so she would not need for any thing and also two loyal blade warriors as her personal body guard.

Unbeknown to Nazgrel, Teku was with child when the final day of her departure came and she vowed that she would not revile this to him has it would tear Nazgrel apart having to then decide between the Horde and his now extended family.
She made her retainers swear a blood oath not to revile her secret, but in return had to swear as part of that oath to let the knowledge be known to the off spring when he / she came of age of its heritage as well as Nazgrel his self.

And now that brings me to my life so far.
I was brought up not knowing my heritage.
I was known as Claws because of my fast and unyielding way of battle (although this is not my given name).
Always being kept away from others to keep my identity from becoming knowledge to the Humans whom would go to any lengths to get hold of the child of one of there greatest adversaries.
Except for the company of my mother’s retainers whom came to be my tutors and closest friends taught me all they could about the way of the blade.
My only other company were the teachers brought in from around the known world to instruct me in the ways of diplomacy and commerce, they failed.
At the coming of age was told the story of my heritage which came as a great shock to me, always believing that I was just an unwanted illegitimate child of some noble and not the wanted child of some Great warrior in the personal ranks of the greatest of all warlords Thrall.
After many days of soul searching I went to my mother telling her that I wished to be known to my farther and would go to him in the Horde city which she agreed as her blood oath had dictated.
On my departure she came to me and gave me two wonders blades both which had belong to Nazgrel him self and would be the proving my blood line.
And told me of the unwritten code of honor which my farther lived by and which I should endeavor to live by with a few added on from her.

1.   Be selective in your prey do not kill for the love of killing that only takes you down the path of the berserkers and once again to the doors of the Legion.
2.   Be wary of all whom use the dark arts especially the warlocks for it was these that plunged our kind into the service of the Legion.
3.   Trust is built upon time, trust once and see what develops from that trust.
4.   Never look down on an Orc of lower station we all started there even the greatest of our warriors and leaders.
5.   And above all nether ever take the blood of an orc unless he is your mortal enemy.
6.   Remember not all have the luxury of your up bringing and are thrown into there destiny some willing to be, some not so willing but just carried along by circumstance.
7.   Trust in your blade and your own skills do not rely on others to come to your aid.
8.   And keep your identity safe from those whom would show you harm.

And yet my life story is not yet done I can often be seen sitting with my father and the elite guards, and even some times Thrall his self being told of great battles long forgotten in the history of our great nation but not in the hearts and minds of our great of warriors.
And when sitting there I see in the eyes of my father the longing for once again the simple life and being reunited with his wife and love Teku.

I ‘m known as
                                                  CLAWS

Enlightenment.

I’ve always been kept away from others in my younger days to keep my identity from becoming knowledge.

Except for the company of my mother and her retainers who taught me all they could about the way of the blade and bow my only other company was the teachers brought in from around the known world to instruct me in the ways of diplomacy and commerce.
I found these teachers tiring and boring I longed to be out with my mother’s retainer’s doing what came naturally to me blade practice.

And so my words and numbers became harder and harder for me until such time teaches gave up on me as a lost cause.

To this day words are often alien to me and many an Orc has found it hard to understand my written word, and now many an Orc carry the scars of my blades that have taken it upon themselves to remind me of this fact or bring it to the attention of others.

But when it comes to battle you may come to understand one thing you can count on my fighting prowess to aid you and even die for you.

I ‘m known as
                                                       CLAWS

Remember the destination of what we are heading towards is NOT as important as the path.

Foot Note.

This is not in no way  intend as a dig or knock at any body or is it meant as a sob story, rather it is meant to may be open the eyes of others who take things as read for granted so to speak.
((Oh bad pun)).

I’ am Dyslexic.
Me the person on the other end of the keyboard.

Often what I type may not make sense to any who may read it (more so if English is not the native tongue I should think).
It has taken me  hours to type this nothing to be proud of I know but may be people may understand a bit more why I may take offence to remarks made to me and even others in a condescending manner although they may not be meant as intended.
I have had it for 36+ years now and believe me at my ripe old age it is not nice to be reminded of this disability each time I play.
Also it should be remembered that some do not use English as their native tongue, or maybe somebody is younger then you’re self.
(Something that is absolutely amazing to me is the people who are not English who can type / read better than us Brit's, must be a sign of a poor education system I salute you all).
But please remember we are not all Einstein’s or Shakespeare’s on here and there is a real life person at the other end who has got feelings.
Even Orcs.

True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Gohomi

Quote from: Claws on July 28, 2008, 03:00:09 AM
(Something that is absolutely amazing to me is the people who are not English who can type / read better than us Brit's, must be a sign of a poor education system I salute you all).

Heh, not really. It's just a matter of reading english comics, watching english cartoons and movies and in the end eventually also reading english literature at pre-pubescent ages. And then having english classes in school polish that knowledge, juuust a little bit. Or at least that's the story with me. :)

I also liked the story, I could understand it just fine really. It's amazing to be honest, how I can understand your broken english, but I cannot understand the broken english of all those leet boys and girls who are just too lazy to type properly. I suppose it's kind of nice to see that the effort does show in the end still *grin*.

Also, I happened to meet a roleplayer over IRC who was also dyslexic. Maybe I'm going a bit too far with this question, but he seemed to really like it when we used different colors for typing different texts. Does it help you with reading too? Just curious really so...no need to answer or anything.

Drakash

I agree with Atare, no problems understanding your very interesting story. No wonder Claws is such a sneak. ;3 For people like who didn't know the story behind Claws this surely explains her behaviour. Thank you for sharing it.
00:18:13 [Y] [Carlohater]: im not a moster.... IM AN ORC!

Claws

Quote from: Gohomi on July 28, 2008, 03:45:37 PM
Does it help you with reading too? Just curious really so...no need to answer or anything.

You are the first to pick up on that.
I could go on a lot about this but it is not really the place for it.
Is it?

I do not have a problem with reading.
All my text here is done on word then spell checked over and over again and that in itself causes problems by changing words and sometimes putting the wrong word in place.
I also have to break all my text up into paragraphs which are not really called for.

In a game environment it works against me if there are too many text colours, though it helps to recognise what channel is doing what (Which is the same for most I guess).

I suffer from what is commonly called word blindness where I have trouble putting letters together to make the right sound such as I would write farther and not father.
I often write / but instead of put and other such silly things / things = thinks is another one I mess up on.

It does not matter how many times I write it and I know how to spell it I just go word blind.
Now you know the reason I will not do events by myself because I get too wrapped up in typing the text and miss a lot of what is going on and the event would suffer.
It’s like I know what I want to say but just can’t get the words down to say it, or it takes me too long to type it and the moment is past.
(It is not laziness as some have and do suggest).

It is why I play horde side really as well because I can get away with more mess ups.  ::)

There are a lot of simple test to find out the degree of dyslexia anybody has.
Most people do not even realise they have it.
Do you have trouble remembering a phone number or even a name just after you have been told it like 10 secs later?
Do you mix up your right from your left and have to stop and think about it?

These are just two questions that if you answer yes too could indicate a problem.

True Blood

Gohomi

Huh...I never quite looked at it like that. I mean, as in what degree of dyslexia someone has. Because some of the stuff you've mentioned occasionally happens even to 'normal' people (hell it might happen when they get drunk), it's just that it's never permanent or it's never too serious...but it does occasionally still happen.

Thanks for answering. Don't worry about going on and on about it really - I asked and you answered. I'm a bit nosey since I hope to one day earn my living through writing and I often get ideas or inspiration from real life of course, so. Thanks. :)

Braggha

Heh, i often forgettin' people names, after, right, 10 seconds :) but only if they not matters to me, if i dont like them, or i dont need them. And i absolutely cannot remember any numbers more than 2-3 digits, usually I write all phones on the paper immediately. But I remember all alt codes to insert typographic symbols in my layouts :)
So i call it selective lazyness :)

highfist

QuoteI suffer from what is commonly called word blindness where I have trouble putting letters together to make the right sound such as I would write farther and not father.

i am dyslexic aswell, and altho theire are several form's of it.
That is very reconisble to me.
i have to double check evrything i write, and mostly double check what i have double checked already.
also words that have a "ou' "au" and so fort are a big problem, becouse i cant see if theire in the wrong order, not until i take a moment and focus on it.
take a word like "quite" now thats a big challenge for me to write, even tho i typed it hunderds of times before.

when i was a kid i could not think what right or left was, i had to memorize it by thinking of my writing hand ( im right handed)
im still using that little trick evrytime. (lots of kids dont know left to right, but after a certain age you just know)
and thats how alot of people with dyslexia deal with it, little tricks to help em write, use numbers, and even something simple as turning left or right.

alot of people think where just stupid, until you explain them what dyslexia is.
and thats why i told this, just to make awarenes.

Claws

Quote from: highfist on July 29, 2008, 02:41:45 PM

i am dyslexic aswell, and altho theire are several form's of it.

Great Highfist. (Well not great as such).
But it is nice to know I'm not the only one to admit to it.
All you say here is spot on for me also.

The strange part is, what you have written is much easier for me to read and understand then most other post with out having to go over it twice, but to others they will more than likely see faults in it. (Spelling), something I have never noticed before now.
Your left and right solving problem is the same way as I do it.
I always carry a small note pad with me to write down numbers etc.

Quote from: highfist on July 29, 2008, 02:41:45 PM
i have to double check evrything i write, and mostly double check what i have double checked already.

I have to do this also but you cannot see the mistakes because you read over them and only see the words you are trying to say.

That is why I always do my forum posts on word first then copy paste.
Unless it is a quickie or I am annoyed with some bodies post and get stuck in straight away.
This is also a sign of Dyslexic because you do not fully take in the statement before you react to it.
You read it as you want to see it not as it is intended and your reaction / reply can come over as being rude or nasty when it is not really what you are trying to say.
(If you understand me). ::)

I get annoyed and ashamed (Which is why most dyslexic people hide away) at the same time when others pick me up on things I type in game.
I know they do not mean too, they are 99 times out of 100 just playing it out but it does get under my skin at times, hence I snap back at them and become the aggressor.

I solo a lot by myself or as some have come to say “hideaway in the shadows” when I am annoyed because I know if I let fly it will be picked up wrong.

While I am being honest it is also why there is only a few that I will have a one on one RP with, because hopefully they realise my problem.

Many know here I hate to see swearing in game or on the forums.
Ok yes it does fit in to situations that arise at times and that I accept but swearing for the sake of swearing and trying to look hard (for the want of a better word) is just not right.
What is swearing but a lazy form of expression?
But yes I swear like a trouper while at work. :-X
And this new Emo talk (Text talk) as I have come to call it well do not get me started on that, sure does not make things easy for the likes of me.

This is turning into a right old moan and opening up thread.
But is good to get things out in the open.

So come on you lot out with your dirty little secrets.
Hands up who likes Mc fly. ::) ::)
True Blood

Oznack

Im not dyslectic, but getting a bit drunk as I write.

Claws

Quote from: Oznack on July 30, 2008, 11:38:43 PM
Im not dyslectic, but getting a bit drunk as I write.

:D :D
True Blood