Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 08:17:41 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 310
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 261
Total: 261
261 Guests, 0 Users

Well it is here

Started by Claws, May 24, 2008, 04:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claws

Well it is here and!!!!
AOC that is.

The graphics are amazing. :o
Very much like LOTR with bells on.
The combat mechanics are good (well I think so any way) it is not a case of just spam the button you have to place your hit were there is less protection on your opponent.
But the story line ummm bit linear questing is a bit on the easy side as well.
However early days.
RP does not happen at the moment everybody running around getting used to the set up.
The servers seem to be real stable and for first day with people making characters etc; that is amazing.

Having said that do not know if I will stick with it past the 30 day trial.
Just seems to lack atmosphere for want of better word. :-\
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Ugluhk

30 days trial?!?!?! Is there one? omg! Iz must try!
Once a pup, always a pup :'(
Offical BUCKET HEAD!
Ugleh, Zhurd, Nose and now Gorback

Akesha

I finally got round to buying it today. It confirmed my suspicions that I really need to upgrade my crappy pc. It runs WoW fine, struggled a bit with lotro and is now staggering like an 80 year old running the 100m trying to run aoc  ::) I'll stick with it and start saving I think.

The game however, is great. As for lack of atmosphere, that may be down to the fact that you don't know many people yet Clawsie and the fantastic rp guilds and community of WoW is yet to develop.

Two questions for you Claws;

What server are you playing on?
What race are you playing?

Nergul

Im curious about the trial also, not buying anything untill i tried first
''I can smell your fear''

Claws

You will have to buy the game for the 30 day trial much the same as WoW Nergul
Then if you wish to carry on you have to dig into your pockets.

The lack of atmosphere I think is like you say Akesha it has not been up for long enough yet but it will come in time.
And after stepping aside from WOW (for now) it is a bit of a difference not knowing others as you say Akesha.

At the moment I’m on Twilight which is meant to be a Euro culture PVP server. 
(Good name what it means got no idea) ::) :D
Still testing the water as far as race and class.
Tried the Assassins first and got her to level 12 (Keah) started to take notice on others and there abilities.
So now trying a Guardian (Kern) now level 20 both are Aquilonian.
Also done a little demonolgist they seem to be the flavour of the month.
Lot of gankers about but if you can’t beat them join them.
True Blood

Kargur Bloodaxe

Heading over to AoC for a little tester meself as soon as I get home to Manchester, but this doesn't mean I'm quitting WoW.

Joining my mates from the Dogs of War on Aqulionia I think, proabably playing a Cimmerian male of some sort, named Kaikanor if possible. Still to decide on class, oh the choices!

Gorek

I planned to play it but unfortunately I am part of the "9k latency-lagspike sufferer community", meaning the game is technically impossible to play for me. I just hope it gets fixed at some point.  The "lagspike treads" in the european forums are quite heaviely used ( 200 pages long in eng forum and 400 pages in german forum) so I suppose the problem is spread whide enough for funcom/responsible ISP to care about fixing it.

My characters are all on Auillonia, but I don't know yet which class I am going to play or the names of my final characters. I just couldn't do much class testing yet with a 15+ second lagspike every 30 seconds (you basically die because of lag every second or third fight)

I am also considering to stop online gaming alltogether. Since I couldn't log into wow for more then a month my addiction for this game is pretty much broken although I can play it again right now my last logins were just *shrug* not as much fun as I remember playing wow used to be. And with AoC being unplayable my motivation for playing onlinegames is pretty low at the moment. I might as well just continue writing my book, "Word" never has any lag, does not require server maintenance and the login process is pretty fast. I also never need to update addons, since the original UI is decent :)

Dogar

Don't even have a comp that can run AoC right now, something that should hopefully be fixed in a month or so. Going to try AoC for sure, no interested in playing 2 MMRPG's, so I am going to choose either. From what I read right now, I think AoC is probably a very nice game, but at the same time I don't think it will be better then WoW. In which case I can start playing WoW with highest graphic settings on the new comp.
Xaryah Stormward.

Formerly known as Dogar Stormward, Chieftain.

Nahe ~ Coach of Team Tof ~ Blood Bowl (online) <DoW> season 1 ~ Pink yet deadly!

Ugluhk

I might buy it. or I will just wait a couple of months until there is a free 3-day trial. Or I just buy WaR. Or both.
Once a pup, always a pup :'(
Offical BUCKET HEAD!
Ugleh, Zhurd, Nose and now Gorback

Hakon

It's pretty certain that there will be a free trial in the not so distant future - it will probably have to in order to keep up with wow. I think many people are reluctant to try out a game with a monthly subscription without having tried it first.

Hope to try it out soon; looks like an interesting game. I really like the look of the environments, in particular. But if I get to try it and it turns out that I like it, I probably wont have time to play it anyway :(

Akesha

Having played aoc for a couple of days now, I have come to two conclusions;

1. I need a new computer

2. It is a very different game from WoW. Veteran WoW players will either love it or hate it. I do not think aoc will cause everybody to dessert WoW. Instead it provides a real alternative, a game which is not just WoW with fancier graphics. Those people who think WoW is the best game ever, will almost certainly not like aoc at all. In fact they will probably find it quite dull, complain that you can only play a human and then go back to WoW. On the otherhand, those people who have never really liked WoW because they find it silly and cartoony, may well love aoc's sense of realism and gritty background.

Lanii

Yay, I like it! Got a lvl 13 necromancer on hyboria (or something like that) It is an RP server..
Very good game! Like the combat system alot

Nergul

I bought it on a impuls, this post got me interested and i started wathing some vids and stuff, but now im stuck at account creation! im a utter noob in these things but i cannot find where to select the 30 day free trial!

Claws

Quote from: Nergul on June 01, 2008, 06:14:37 PM
I bought it on a impuls, this post got me interested and i started wathing some vids and stuff, but now im stuck at account creation! im a utter noob in these things but i cannot find where to select the 30 day free trial!

?
If you mean where is the 30 day trial you sign up and do not pay any subs for the first 30 days.
(Just like WOW)
Then if you like it you keep playing and you get charged.
(Just like WOW)
True Blood

Nergul

im trying to sign up, by making a account for Funcom, but i need to selekt payment method right away, and i cannot find like a key for the 30day trial