Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 05:59:53 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 209
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 199
Total: 199
199 Guests, 0 Users

Discussion: Guild transfer

Started by Kozgugore, August 03, 2012, 12:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kozgugore

For starters, keep in mind that there will be no need for any bickering unto one another in this thread. After a brief... "survey" in-game, it became rather clear that barely anyone would immediately consider the following an option right now. Anyway, on to the important stuff.

For some time now, some people have grown bothered by the increase of PvP-griefing and ganking in regards to OOCing twits, bent on ruining either Horde or Alliance RP. Now, I won't say we have ever been bullied to the extend that we fled from them or that they succeeded in any of their intentions, but sometimes it would have simply been nice to get to blueshield for the sake of RP instead. Therefore, the discussion of transferring to a normal RP server was raised. As mentioned above, it is not something we honestly consider at the moment, but it is something that we're open to discussion for.

Along comes the issue of PvP-related events in this case, however. After all, some people have no doubt joined this server and/or guild with the intent of doing RP-PvP related events. Well, one may want to keep in mind that we haven't had one for quite some time now. In fact, I've seen an increase of /roll or /emote-related events within the guild itself, a concept quite popular on normal RP servers as well. Besides, one is still able to enable PvP on the normal RP server. This could even go as far as to organize large-scale PvP events where every attending member is reminded to enable their PvP. These kind of events have been done successfully so on normal RP servers in the past already. On the downside however, we wouldn't be able to kill any OOCing Alliance (or even Horde) that would attempt to disrupt our events by standing around on giant mounts or the like, due to the ever-lasting blueshield.

Aside from this, there's the matter of Defias Brotherhood itself. I have been a happy member of the server in itself since it was first launched, but even I have to admit that its RP and community in itself has been in a downward spiral since way before the current expansion. There's not a lot of cohesion between most of the (Horde) RP guilds, and in terms of overall activity, there have certainly been better days as well. In fact, I'm not ashamed to admit that OotRB is the only thing that's been keeping me on DB, as the lacking amount of (random) RP would have certainly made me change servers quite some time ago.

Nonetheless, a new start on a more active and normal RP server would no doubt have its downsides as well. We'd likely have to make a new IC name for ourselves again, and leave the guilds and friends behind that we do still have back on DB. Not to mention transfer costs for each orc, and no doubt not all of us have a steady income. One transfer could be doable, but if someone were to have multiple alts in the guild, I can see it becoming a problem.

As you can see, a bumload of discussion can be raised here, and that's all just coming from senile, old me! Feel free to use this topic for the discussion, but make sure to keep it clean. Thoughts or brainfarts, dump them here!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Thrash'Nak

I can agree on parts of this, yes. This has gotten very annoying, and yes it would be very nice too be able too just blueshield so we wouldn't be harrassed. But i also feel like i don't want too give up, they will leave us alone eventually.. hopefully and i'm not going too "Run away" from it. And i'd think i'd miss pvp too much and eventualy go back to DB if we were too move, as much as i love this guild, pvp is an extremely large factor of my gaming experince. My vote is no, but i agree that the problem is rising more by the day and if it worsens, i might change my mind, for now its a clear no from me.
Nothing comes easy, and besides nothing easy is worth having.

Lomrak

I have a certain amount of tolerance for gankers and the like. Not as much as for elves.... but that's a whole other story entirely. Bloody elves. Anyway. I think that we can outlast these *expletive deleted* and their *blankedy-blank* stupidity. I will of course go where the tribe goes, but unless it gets to the point where this is something we experience every single evening, then I'd say wait for them to get bored, wander off and annoy someone else. As someone (Koz? or Vash maybe?) said this evening, when MoP comes out they'll all be too busy doing that to get on our collective tits. Yes, it would be nice to just blueshield, but then we'd have to deal with a bunch of naked people farting on us or dancing or sticking their arses in our faces or whatever it is retards and young gamers do for enjoyment nowerdays.

Anyhoo, there's my two cents.

On a different note, if it does get to a point where it just becomes an intollerable thing, we could always try and ask Blizzard to sort it out. I know that the chances of that are slim to nil, but it's an RP server as well as a PVP server, and surely that has to count for something. I might be wrong. Anyway, that's my deal on the whole issue. Feel free to disagree or whatnot.

Much love.
A wise orc will not try to spread his wisdom amongst monkeys.

Regorn

Quote from: Lomrak on August 03, 2012, 12:37:24 AM
On a different note, if it does get to a point where it just becomes an intollerable thing, we could always try and ask Blizzard to sort it out. I know that the chances of that are slim to nil, but it's an RP server as well as a PVP server, and surely that has to count for something. I might be wrong. Anyway, that's my deal on the whole issue. Feel free to disagree or whatnot.
My former Guild was destroyed by an other guild that thought it as fun to ruin RP (I think 2 others guild also disband), that was the reason I decided to transfer to Defias Brotherhood in the first place
I can very well confirm that Blizzard won't do anything, so don't bother trying, not worth the time
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Therak

While I admit, sometimes the griefers do get on my nerves. I don't want to move. For one, the logistics would be a nightmare, not everyone would join in the move, and members who for some reason or other were inactive, and came back, might just decide to not move aswell.
Most griefers are doing it out of boredom, amusing themselves on our expense.
While blueshielding on a regular RP server might be possible, there'll still be other kinds of griefers. And myself. I definately prefer pvp servers. It gives that little extra spice when out levelling, or questing.

As for the decline of DB, it's not the only place. During my hiatus from the guild, I played on Argent Dawn, and there was no noticable difference to me. Can't speak for horde side I guess, as I play Alliance there (yes yes, I know, alliance sucks and all that. But sometimes it's a nice break with a different style).

The grass is always greener on the other side as they say.
Think, assess, act.

Vezara

Quote from: Gruthikk on August 03, 2012, 07:17:38 AM

As for the decline of DB, it's not the only place. During my hiatus from the guild, I played on Argent Dawn, and there was no noticable difference to me. Can't speak for horde side I guess, as I play Alliance there

I rolled a horde alt on DB not too long ago and there's a lot of random RP. At one point there was 25 people RPing just in Valley of Honor, and there was others elsewhere in Orgrimmar as well. Oh and, this was around 3 at night. :P
Vezara Wolfheart - Shaman of the Frostwolf Clan.

Sadok

A few thoughts:

In theory, I'm not opposed to a server switch somewhere down the line - indeed, RP-PvP and PvP events are not just possible but have happened with some regularity on Argent Dawn (Borderlands is probably the best example - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4797341871). In practice however, unless there was a considerable exodus of players and guilds from the DB RP community to AD to build up some form of momentum, I can't imagine too many would actually make the switch.

I imagine MoP's launch will probably make the road ahead clear - between the new content to keep griefing wastrels occupied, incentivising WPvP on the Pandarian continent and cross-server zones, the server's new dynamic will present itself for better or worse.

I reckon having this conversation again in October or November would be worthwhile. Until then, watching and waiting (and putting up with griefers in the meantime) seems the most pragmatic way forward.

Vilirok

I'm not a fan of PvP to be honest. However, I do enjoy Defias Brotherhood because of the fact that on other RP servers, you get more people who go around flooding chat with "Lol, you're all n00bs!". I also don't really mind too terribly when we get the idiot gankers and such. But the others flood chat which makes it really hard to do anything because of the fact that you're scrolling up constantly to see what people have been saying. So, I wouldn't be in favour of a transfer, plus, I don't want to spend money changing server.

Okiba

I just had a good look at Argent dawn. RP is -everywhere-. Theres regular W-pvp campaigns, lots of various guilds, Lots of roleplayers and they dont have an all Orc guild.

Koz... i cant play alliance here anymore, its dead as dead and horde is off that way too.

if you was to ask the question of moving to Argent dawn? i'd say YES YES YES YES, without any hesitation and with more gusto than any one person should have.

its a no brainer!

Defias as we know will never come back. the likes of aBoC have their claws in, and as they keep bragging their just gonna get worse come MoP, and so will their kith and kin on alliance.
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Thrash'Nak

If the roleplay really is that great.... then, its a yes from me as well.. But fuck i'll have too move alot of characters....
As of what i've gathered in pros and cons..
Pros:
Alot more roleplay, -alot-.
More organised events.
Mingling with new guilds.
No more griefers. Hopefully-
And really just a better for the average roleplayer.

Cons:
We'll miss all the guilds we've befriended on DB, no doubt.
I'll miss all the pvp, and wpvp.
And i'm not sure everyone will follow with us, meaning we'll loose quite a few orcs.

I've fought this through for the last 2 hours while derping around in tamriel, and i'm in. Considering everything i think we'll enjoy things alot more over at Argent dawn.. -HOWEVER- As previousely stated, perhaps we should wait, considering that MoP is realsed soon, either DB or Argent dawn will be very active, and i fear that if we move now we might really regret it. So what i suggest we wait a good two-three months til after the release of mop and see what happens.. if the other side really does seem alot more green then, i'm up for a move.
Nothing comes easy, and besides nothing easy is worth having.

Okiba

Quote from: Grogona on August 06, 2012, 10:19:28 PM
If the roleplay really is that great.... then, its a yes from me as well.. But fuck i'll have too move alot of characters....
As of what i've gathered in pros and cons..
Pros:
Alot more roleplay, -alot-.
More organised events.
Mingling with new guilds.
No more griefers. Hopefully-
And really just a better for the average roleplayer.

Cons:
We'll miss all the guilds we've befriended on DB, no doubt.
I'll miss all the pvp, and wpvp.
And i'm not sure everyone will follow with us, meaning we'll loose quite a few orcs.

I've fought this through for the last 2 hours while derping around in tamriel, and i'm in. Considering everything i think we'll enjoy things alot more over at Argent dawn.. -HOWEVER- As previousely stated, perhaps we should wait, considering that MoP is realsed soon, either DB or Argent dawn will be very active, and i fear that if we move now we might really regret it. So what i suggest we wait a good two-three months til after the release of mop and see what happens.. if the other side really does seem alot more green then, i'm up for a move.

in regards to W-pvp, apparently AD has regular large battles and campaigns. and your right about orcs that may get left behind...  but i just had a look over on AD, and i saw alot of names of -former- members.

and if it was up to me? i'd go before MoP...
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Vilirok

To be honest, I don't agree with Krogon on the roleplay on Argent Dawn as we discussed in-game. Yes, there's a lot, but I find that most of it consists of winged vampire dragons. Now, yes, there is a lot of good RP, however the spammers, the lollers etc, ruin it for me. Also, I'm not sure I'd transfer and I really don't want to leave the orcs. And even if I did, the amount of orcs we'd lose would really annoy me. Also, from past experience on Argent Dawn, nearly all roleplay outside of Stormwind or Silvermoon is very much guild oriented. There's also events scheduled on the Argent Archives (argentarchives.org), but again, if not hosted by a guild or multitude of guilds, it's not going to be great. Most guild are usually introverted there as well and won't RP with you unless pre-scheduled. Often, if you run into a guild RPing they won't want to RP with you. End of rant.

Final verdict: I'd be extremely disappointed to move, especially because we all have to pay money for                                  it.

Therak

Having played on AD for some time, I think you're overestimating the RP, yes, there's alot of it (Admittedly, I haven't played on Horde, so can't speak much for that) But everytime I tried finding a guild, I'm told they're on hiatus, or all the officers are inactive. Especially if you're chasing those outside of Stormwind.
There's plenty of griefers there aswell, just not the gankers, but I've seen plenty of RP events ruined anyway (worse then I've seen on DB)
The world pvp events I've attended, have all had very strict rules. No transmogged gear, and below x hp, which I utterly hate. Especially when you have low level RP gear, and have to have it non-transmogged.
This is very much a case of the grass is greener on the other side in my eyes. I've played alot on both servers, and I made the choice to come back to DB, because honestly. I preferred this place.

Admittedly, where the guild goes, chances are I'd go. Even if I had to delete an 85 or two from AD.
Think, assess, act.

Gor'Thrak

I've played on DB for about 4 years now and have never had any trouble finding RP, neither on Alliance nor Horde (Actually only been on the Horde side for a couple of months). It's far from dead, it's just well hidden, and that's exactly the way I like it. Guild based RP with certain focuses and circles of people instead of a ton of random people where countless of them simply are horrible. Even though there would also be many good RPers I would not go there, simply because there are many bad ones as well. I don't mind new people, I often help them out actually, but some people that I've seen a high density of on AD are simply ridiculous. People like that irritate me to the point beyond anger, just like how much the failures in my previous raiding guild irritated me greatly. Lastly, I don't really mind the gankers on DB, I've hardly ever fallen to them and I enjoy kicking their sorry asses back to where they belong.

So no, I'm not moving regardless of what you do, I've come to stay on DB.

Rhonya

I won't be in for moving along either. I've heard some good things about AD, some bad things, but that's the same with DB. I got a lot of contacts outside of the guild with my character too, I don't want to cut off that RP as well by moving. And indeed the money it costs to transfer...
I think there will always be grievers, no matter what server you are on. I find it even more disturbing to have grievers that can't gank you but follow you around, spoil your RP with OOC stuff, putting items down, spamming the chat.. I'd rather be killed a few times and continue the RP later or in an other place then to sit hours and hours with grievers following you around.

I'd be really sad should the guild move, since I would not come along. But it's up to the most opinions, I think. :)
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."