Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 03:36:53 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 245
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157
157 Guests, 0 Users

A theft of identity

Started by Kozgugore, July 11, 2011, 01:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kozgugore

Hello orcses o/

I’m writing this post to give you all a notice on my identity. Yesterday night, something rather surreal happened to me. I was doing a random Google and all of a sudden stumbled upon a person who claimed to be me (Kozgugore Feraleye, to be precise) on a certain private roleplaying server.

I would like to let you all know that this person claiming to be me is in fact not who he’s claiming to be. Apparently, he has been claiming that the “official” Orcs of the Red Blade guild is no longer active on the Defias Brotherhood server, and that I have moved from DB to this particular private server to relive the guild there. As a result, this person has basically been stealing my name, identity, reputation and even entire texts and pictures I have written and created (and have been created for me) throughout the course of OotRB’s history.

I have now posted a topic about this on their forums, hoping to clarify the matter, though I would very much appreciate if, should anyone happen to ask, people could spread the word that this person has been stealing someone else’s work and that I'm still safely playing on DB all along. It personally feels rather distasteful that someone would go through so much effort to steal all of these things, while it’s a lot more fun to create your own characters and lore (and a lot more satisfying to see it successfully work out too).

Thanks for reading through this bucket of drama. TL;DR, I'm still active on DB and I've no intentions whatsoever to move to any private servers. Oh, and OotRB -certainly- isn't dead either.

Regards,

The real Koz
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Gnash

Thank you for pointing out we're not dead, hurhurhur!

Gnash

I don't know about you guys, but I still don't feel very comfortable with this new set-up they've thought out; continuing this mockery of a guild as another 'chapter' (which basically means they've kept our ranks and history in place).

Is it that hard to think of a concept from scratch? I suppose we should feel flattered, but quite frankly, I don't. People put a lot of sweat and tears (of QQ) in our guild, so why we should feel okay with some other people profiting of that hard labour is beyond me.

EDIT: and I should be completely honest about my intentions as well. Mhokdor, the guy who has taken over, did something similar with Quel Sin. I was part of the officer crew back then, and when we all decided to evolve our concept into a new guild name, Mhokdor continued to use Quel Sin despite our disagreement. That ticked me off back then, and some old feelings came up now I've seen him try to profit of ORB -- a guild in which I've invested even more effort than Quel Sin. So there, that's out in the open as well.

Kozgugore

You're not alone there, Gnash. I have gotten increased opposition to the idea of them continuing on, and in all honesty, I can't say I blame them. Until the "culprit" has been taken care of, I will make sure to keep communication with whoever plans to continue it on. If I'm to accept any copycat guilds of everything we have created ourselves, I'll at least want -some- justice brought to the perpetrator.

Greggar

I don't see how someone could steal all that information about koz's identity. Unless that person is/was from ORB... Which makes it even more unsettling.
Because orcs are green..Doesn't mean they can do photosynthesis..Or can they?

Thazzrill

Which server? I can`t find anyhting similiar to reffering as koz.
It sucks that he can`t find his identity, make his own story, and stuff like that which is way more fun

Kozgugore

It's pretty easy, considering quite a portion of my history can be found on my wiki. As for the server itself, I have left it unnamed in this thread.

Claws

Not nice.  >:( :( :( :(
OOTRB go way back past Koz and has been built up by many over many years.
You have to post names here Koz to shame them if nothing else.

But coming at it from another angle are the Blades that great that others have to copy.
DAM RIGHT THEY ARE.
Imitation is the best form of flattery.
But dishing the Blades in the same text by saying we have folded does not make sense to me.

Who would want to be a grumpy old Orc like Koz anyway.     ;)
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Kozgugore

Quote from: Claws on July 24, 2011, 06:43:50 PM
Who would want to be a grumpy old Orc like Koz anyway.     ;)
I'm sure plenty would if they would get the chance. D;

In all seriousness though, the matter seems to have resolved itself. That is to say, the player no longer seems active and the guild has been disbanded. It's a bit of a shame that the person responsible for it was too spineless to take up responsibility for it, but I won't stay awake overnight for it. I'm just glad I still have the -real- deal to go about with!

Gnash

Red Blade, represent!

*gang sign*