Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 11:46:45 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 250
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128
128 Guests, 0 Users

Application: Tahara

Started by Tahara, August 07, 2018, 05:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahara

Name: Tahara (Dunestalker in game)
Level: 110

Tell us something about your (role)playing experience:
I've been interested in roleplay since I was a child, jumping from forums and text based rp, but never staying anywhere long enough to actually get much experience. At the end of Legion and after the stress of mythic raiding, I decided to try my hand on Argent Dawn for the first time ca January/February of this year. I was accepted and have been roleplaying happily in a night elf guild since then, but wanted to branch out and am confident that I have the time and stamina to roleplay two characters effectively. I settled on this character and very quickly took note of your guild in the drums of war campaign and got really enchanted by the guild lore. Hence, here I am!

And finally, please write a short story and/or (IC) introduction about your character:

Born on Outland to perhaps uncaring, perhaps foolish parents that may once have been called laughing skull, or burning blade once, Tahara was abandoned at an age so young, the only thing she ever truly learned, was her own name.

It might be called mercy that the ogre who found her decided to take her in rather than kill her, but that was mercy’s end and Tahara grew up not as an adopted orcling, but as a slave. From a young age she learned to do menial tasks, but for the most part was used for her orcish strength to toil in mines. As a result, Tahara was spared her people’s corruption at the hands of the legion, growing up pure and mag’har, but the price she paid was costly in its own way.

Thin and scrappy for an orc - which still makes her fairly fit and imposing for any other races - Tahara carries the marks of slavery on her body, but on her mind too. Uneducated, simple, covered in the lashes of a dozen whips and experienced healers may even detect a slight uneven curve in her spine all make up a mess of a young woman.

When a slave revolt ended her imprisonment, Tahara could not fathom to return to any semblance of an orcish clan - to return to a people that, in her traumatized mind, abandoned her seemed like trading one master’s mercy for another. Instead, she ran. And she never stopped.

Not until her journey took her to a massive portal, that we know of as the dark portal, at a time we know as the burning crusade. Tahara figured, that as far away from the world as possible, would be the safest place for her to be and crossed through the magic gateway into Azeroth. There, she decided to withdraw from society, orcish or otherwise and live on her own. Uneducated as she may be, Tahara became an avid survivalist, and turned out to be quite the savant with a bow, teaching herself all the necessary skills to survive. Azeroth proved a much more comfortable home - relatively speaking at least, when one hails from Outland. She eventually made her way to the home of the Horde and in its hodge podge of races, found a quiet solace amidst the unwanted and the rabble. She began to trade her kills from the wild and while never truly making any money, continued to survive. Living mostly in Durotar and the Barrens, she eventually made an unlikely friendship: that of a young hyena. Scrappy and abandoned much like herself, Tahara couldn’t stand to leave the runt of a litter perish on her own. She took the pup in, called her Chuckles, after the sound she made and cared for her. To everyone’s surprise, where other hyena pups doubled their weight, Chuckles tripled it. Growing into what is already a massive example of a predator, yet still young enough to grow even taller. Ultimately, Tahara remained unimportant, thriving mostly in the shadows. But with an undead on the Warchief’s throne, even someone like her can understand a simple wrong when it is done. Hearing of the deeds in both Darkshore and Tirisfal, the realization sinks in that if Tahara is to survive the coming years, she had best find a pack - and the right one, at that.

Kozgugore

Hey there Tahara! Welcome to our little home! I'm glad to see you stumbled upon it and decided that it looked like a nice place to stall your orc! :D And dare I say, that is quite the impressive application you've made there! Very detailed, well-written and not to mention true to lore as well! I daresay you might end up being a fine fit to our little band of orcs, so go on ahead and contact any of us in-game to set up an IC interview! I look forward to seeing you "in the flesh"!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Nosh'marak

Interviewed and accepted by yours truly! Welcome to the pack, Tahara!
"Dogs obey and whimper, wolves carve their own path with a roar! Let the Alliance hear your cries for battle! Rrosh'ka Valokh! For the Blood!"