Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 01:51:24 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 221
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 191
Total: 191
191 Guests, 0 Users

Application: Reshka Ironhide

Started by Reshka, June 05, 2015, 03:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reshka

Name: Reshka
Class: Warrior
Level: 100

Tell us something about your (role)playing experience:
I have been roleplaying for good 5 or 6 years now, if my calculations are correct (on a different game though). Regardless, I decided to give WoW roleplay a try around four months ago, on the Alliance side. I had eventful experiences as both a human paladin and a kaldorei druid. With all this Draenor hype, I always sort of wanted to level up an orc, therefore I've done so. Horde and Orcish roleplay always kind of brought huge interest to me, but I never actually had the guts to delve into that kind of roleplay mainly because of the knowledge I lacked. I was browsing the internet lately about the orcish lore and how to properly roleplay one, good news it that I'm a swift learner so it wasn't that complicated for me to understandt. Still, there's always room for improvement. When I'm not roleplaying, I'm mainly focusing on PVP (thought it can always come in handy to have a viable PVP player >_<). If there's any questions you wish to ask, by all means do so. I'm welcoming all types of criticism and advices too!

And finally, please write a short story and/or IC introduction about your character:
Reshka was born and raised as a Warsong orc, mainly because her parents were the actual clan-members within the clan itself. Her father, Kom'rak Ironhide was an honourable Warsong Wolfrider, very dedicated and skillful warrior. He received the last name "Ironhide" mainly due to the known record of the family's stubbornness and endurance, whilst also for the known obsession for Ironhide Bulls. Regardless, Warsong clan considered Reshka's father a very honourable warrior, in which he has proven it on countless of occasions (both when on the battlefield and when providing aid for the clan). Reshka's mother, Shayis, was a shaman. Wisdom was one of her greatest attributes. She was mainly focusing on her spiritual side and the will of the elements, such are the shamanistic ways. Still, if the clan or the family was ever brought to danger, she would be more then capable to defend both. They were established in Nagrand, when Draenor was still intact, at one of the Warsong camps. Everyone had their unique role to fulfill and Reshka was certainly not an exception. When she was just a simple child, her primary duties were simple taking care of the people around the camp. Such as serving the food, cleaning, taking care of her elders whom were incapable of doing so themselves (wounded or just old). Whenever her father, Kom'rak, would return from the great hunt, he'd always focus on Reshka and train her on how to become a warrior. Reshka has shown a lot of promise in that process, even though it was not surprisingly odd. As the days were passing, her skills were greatly improving. Eventually the time has come for Reshka to do her own Om'riggor, such were the tradition ways of the clan. A single-handed dagger was given to her and she was sent away to perform her first, so called, solo-kill. In that very moment, whilst being in the wilderness all by herself, Reshka was well focused on the words her father used to say to her. She wasn't scared, nor was she hesitating in her actions. Upon marking her prey, one of the Ironhide Bulls (however, not a fully grown one), Reshka approached with great caution. For a good amount of time, she was simply observing the bull and awaiting for the perfect moment, patient. Her breathing was stable, her grasp among the blade tightened, Reshka charged upon the creature with a savage roar in an attempt to intimidate her target. The beast itself started to flee away from Reshka, but with no success, as with a single leap on the beasts back Reshka jabbed the tip of the blade into the beast's skull. Upon her return to the camp, she was greeted as a true honourable warrior, such were they ways. A proper ceremony was presented to her and she officially became a member of the Warsong. Mainly following her father's footsteps, she also gained huge interest in Wolves (eventually becoming a Wolfrider). The following events came up immediately, when the Warsong were presented with the blood of Mannaroth. To cut the long story short, Reshka was actively fighting side to side with her family and the Warsong clan throughout Draenor, eventually landing on Azeroth trough the Dark Portal. Wherever the Warsong clan went, Reshka and her family followed. Unfortunate for her, Kom'rak aka. her father, died in Kalimdor, when they were fighting against the Kaldorei after invading their lands. Nevertheless, that did not effect Reshka much as she knew that he died with honour and continued to serve the Warsong. Another thing to mention, upon being cursed with the blood and becoming the servant to the Legion, they took Reshka for her specially qualified "Blademaster" training. Just like ther others, she was freed from the curse after Grommash and Thrall dealt with Mannaroth and nowdays serves the regular Horde as one of the Blademasters. Afterwards, Reshka attented on numerous of battles around Azeroth as a Horde warrior now, however. She never forgot about her old, Warsong, clan and to this day remains loyal to them, but also doesn't forget the great deeds the new horde has given her and therefore is primarily focused on aiding them instead. At this present day, Reshka is residented in Orgrimmar with her mother, Shayis, who still guides her with her wisdom. She can also often be seen on the new Draenor, where she's overwhelemed with the past, but in different condition now. She knows deeply within her that she hasn't found her place anywhere yet, therefore she desperately seeks other, promising, clans that might bring curiosity and interest to her.

Note: I know I kind of messed things up with the story, as it seems way too rushed. I could go on for days, literally, but I feel that the guildies and everyone else will get proper detailed story once we actually see eachother in-game (that is if I get accepted, of course). If I made any mistakes with the lore, I do apologize for that as well! Oh and, can't wait to see you guys on Argent Dawn!

Rhonya

Hello Reshka!
This will take some getting used to with that name, we also have a Rashka in the tribe at present!
No matter that now, though. ;) I've taken a look at your application, and I honestly don't see anything wrong or rushed about it. You've got a good basic idea of the lore and what you want your character to be like, which is great!

One thing I do wish to note, but it's a mistake often made, we're a tribe, not a clan. Being a tribe allows our orcs ICly to keep their old clannames, while binding themselves to the tribe anyway without forsaking their original roots.

Now, I'd like to approve this application, which means we can get to the next step, which is the IC interview to get to know your character ICly! Right now we're still on DB, seeing we're moving the 9th.
This means we either:
- Get your battletag and cross-realm invite you to a party to do your interview and upcoming RP/events until the move, though you can't join the tribe OOCly with that yet.
- Or you can wait until we've transferred over and are properly on AD as such, and simply do your interview there.

The choice is up to you! We already have a few AD applicants tagging along, so both options are no problem for us. Please let us know what you'd prefer!

~Rhonya
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Umaua

Well, if I might act as the lore nitpicker here :D

While I don't see the story rushed too much, there is one thing I am curious about.

The blademaster training, it was some special Burning Legion stuff, or the more traditional orcish blademaster training? Why I am curious is that the traditional orcish stuff takes a long time, so I wonder the level of her skill and time spend with it.

As said, am bit nitpicking but I know few blademaster orcs who might find this more interesting ICly especially.
And they call me insane? I am the most sane person around!

Rashka

*Grumble grumble* My name *grumble*
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar

Reshka

Thanks for the approval Rhonya! And also for the friendly tip given on the difference between a clan and a tribe. I'll most certainly provide you with my battletag as I'm quite eager to begin the actual roleplay with you people (InsanePhil#1479). Both options are fine to me, I can either hop over on your realm by group inviting or just await for your arrival on AD.

@Umaua
Basically Reshka was just a Warsong wolfrider and never actually delved into any specific traditional orcish blademaster training before. Once they drank the corrupted blood, that's where she was introduced to the blademaster training by one of the legion demons (not sure if they were introduced to them as actual demons when they were controlling them or were they disguised as some kind of orcs), whom appointed her to the burning blade clan to speed up the training process so she can be on the field fighting for them as soon as possible. As she was already a skillful warrior, now also empowered with the blood of Mannaroth it was no struggle for her to master the training process. Upon freeing themselves from the corrution, Reshka kept the knowledge and now aids the Horde as both a trained Blademaster and Warsong Wolfrider.

@Rashka
Woah, the similarites. This will surely bring a lot of confusion haha! Fun fact, I've had this name for good two years now when I was playing on the US servers, so I kind of took the same name when I moved to EU ones. Rashka Reshka, ah well. >_<

Umaua

Heh, that's fair. But one thing that does poke out to me, is the fact that blademasters take a long while to be trained, atleast to the level of being competent in the craft and the time Warsong were corrupted and then freed, was not that long.
I don't mean to act as a lore natzi which I can be at times(Guilty!) but blademasters are not your normal warriors who're trained en masse, well before Ironhorde, but then those clearly are not like the normal blademasters, just rookies mostly. Even being competent warrior before such a training doesn't shorten the time in my eyes. It is the same as teaching someone who's allways used a longsword to use a katana. The fighting styles, methods of striking and so, are vastly different.

And this is why I am weary everytime when someone plays a blademaster, as they have a reputation of being rather awsome a warriors. But! Keep in mind that this is my interpretation of that stuff and I am by no means an officer. Just lore enthusiast that can go overboard. :)

Reshka

Worry not, if anything I appreciate your help and dedication honestly. I'm no expert when it comes to orcish lore. She was merely appointed to the training due to her promising skills, but I've never stated that she was an expert blademaster. Yes, the trainings were perhaps your regular training routine that wasn't very complicated for her, but Reshka would not stand a chance against the actual blademasters whom dedicated their whole life to becoming one. Also, I'm not one of those fellas that would like, to say, "brag" about being a blademaster. She was practicaly just forced into learning some of the ways, Reshka herself doesn't really represent herself as a blademaster. She'd never approach anyone and say "Hey, you know I'm a blademaster? Yeap, I can whoop your ass!". Those skills that she was taught, she mainly keeps to herself and only uses them when necessary. But like you've said, she's more of a rookie Blademaster then a regular one.

Umaua

Sounds good to me! My lore nitpicking need has been sadisfied! :D

I like characters who know their limits. I approve.

Reshka

Much love, can't wait to meet you all.  :)

Lars

On a small note of the name. Personally I love it when names are similar. Or outright the same.

In our world names are not unique and it tends to not be hard to separate people. As long as you use more than just a first name to identify with.
Muzjhath got Iced by Sadok, after Marogg got Stabbed.

-The orc formerly known as Muzjhath formerly known as Marogg

Rashka

Hah! Well I've had this for near 3 years now probably, so kinda funny. :P

Reshka

I may as well snap your last name as well, to add up more confusion! Joking, of course.  ;D

Sadok

Rashka Facebreaker vs Reshka Phasebraker!

Rhonya

I added you to my battlenet at least!
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Rashka

No touching of my Om'riggor name >:I She's not named that for fun!