Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 04:38:05 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 295
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 211
Total: 211
211 Guests, 0 Users

[PvP] How to gear up for pvp in WoD.

Started by Okiba, January 19, 2015, 09:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiba

Gearing for PvP in WoD

Hello folks! a lot of people in the guild have been stating their not sure how to go about gearing up and being at their best in PvP for this expansion, so here i a quick crash guide on how to not only get honour, but what kind of gear you want and some other tads bits. Furthermore, I'll have a few words on Ashran to help folks figure that whole mess out.

So first off, Gear has changed. PvP gear changes i-level (strength) depending on if you are in pvp combat are not. For example, fighting an npc you have one set of stats... but if you enter a BG, PvP Area (ashran), RBG or begin fighting another player then the gear switches to its second (higher) I-level values. I'll include some examples in a moment.

Whats also important to remember is that there are a few kinds of honour gear now, ontop of conquest. Further more, Honour gear when dropping from strongboxes or coming from the gladiators sanctum has a chance of being warforged (with slightly better stats). Here are some example:

Primal Aspirants - 600 i-level (660 in pvp combat
Primal Aspirants - Warforged - 606 i-level (666 in pvp combat)
Primal Combatant - 620 i-level (675 in pvp combat)
Primal Combatant - Warforged - 626 i-level (681 in pvp combat)
Primal Gladiator (Conquest) - 660 i-level (690 in PvP Combat)

So, combatant is better than aspirants, and warforged is always best for both. Though you want to strive for conquest gear every time.

Gladiators Sanctum.

A key compontent for any PvP'ers in WoD, the gladiators sanctum is a building that allows the user to hand in Broken Bones in exchange for works orders called 'tribute'. Tribute when complete, can give you gold, honour, conquest points, both kinds of honour gear as well as helpful items for pvp. To gain broken bones, you need to kill other players in pvp combat in draenor (world or ashran.)

This building also conveys several useful bonuses:

Level 1 - increases out of combat health regeneration in draenor

Level 2 - Gives you safe-fall and underwater breathing outdoors in draenor.

Level 3 - When brought below 35% hp outdoors in draenor, all damage is taken is reduced by 50%.

As you can see, all three are very handy.

Farming honour (and conquest) in Ashran.

Read Square - Horde leader
Blue Square - Alliance leader
Red Line - Main fighting path/road
Green square - Flags
Orange Circle - Bonus objective Area
Blue circle - Rare mob area
Yellow star - Rare mob
Purple spot - Artifact fragment Cache
Red Star - Kor'lok the ogre

The ultimate aim of Ashran is to Kill the enemy leader in the enemy base. to do this, from the start of each reset of the area you must Control the flags littered up and down the main fighting road, until you reach the one closest the opposing base. once you do this, you have a ten minute window to push into their base and kill the leader. If you succeed, you get 300 conquest points, a lot of honour and an epic strongox filled with items (once a day for conquest and strongbox).

However, its not that simple. As you fight, both sides can gain or lose advantages such as summonable captains, a summonable ancient, and other things. Battles can go back and forth... which is slow and unlikely to provide conquest points or significant honour.

To that end, to ensure a win... you need to farm Artifact fragments and complete the bonus objectives in the side areas. Every 40 minutes a objective will take place, the winning side gains 125 conquest points, plus honour and a chance at a strongbox. Always attend these, even if it costs you the main battle... you lose nothing if your side loses so it hardly matters, especially since this winning strategy best works on a fresh reset from the mid flag.

So...

1) Complete bonus objectives, attend every one.
2) kill Rares - they provide useful items and lots of artifact fragments
3) Find and open the hidden caches, shown by the purple dots for more items and artifact fragments
4)on a fresh reset, hand in artifact fragments for a captains whistle (summons an npc and gives 100 honor), and then "give all your other fragments" to the summoner who summons the ancient (kronus for the horde), this will give you stacks and stacks of honour.
5) with five or more captains and kronus summoned, you will steam roll the enemy team back to their base and more than likely win.

So, to recap...

A) to get honour, hand in artifact fragments.
B) use the fragments to win on a fresh reset.
C) you get conquest from bonus objects far more than from winning.

Simples!
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."