Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 04:16:36 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 212
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 156
Total: 156
156 Guests, 0 Users

[PvP] gear preperation in 6.2

Started by Okiba, June 16, 2015, 05:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiba

Hello! I thought I'd drop a quick suggestion in here for people who want to quickly gear up in the new honor gear coming in patch 6.2

If Blizzard follows its usual trend, the new honor gear will have stats on par with the 6.0 and 6.1 (season 1) conquest gear. So grabbing it quickly will be the key to getting a good/easy head start in season 2 and beyond. So here are my suggestions!

1) Get honor capped. this should be fairly obvious, 4k honor can buy you several pieces of gear, so get capped!

2) Don't worry about conquest. This will be turned into honor, and extra honor will be converted into gold. So either spend it now or be ready for some extra shiny.

3) Have 21 work orders ready to be collected at your Gladiator sanctum (if you have one) on patch day. This way when you log in that morning, you can spend your honor, then collect these work orders for More honor, plus new honor items (if they do drop from it, if not then its vendor stuff), plus conquest.

4) cap Ashran artifact fragments (to 1000) if you can. this can be more tricky, as deaths in ashran will result in you losing half your fragments. But having the full thousand means you can ... after spending your honor from other sources, hand them in for thousands more! the conversion rate is approximatly 3 honor for 1 fragment. so 1000 fragments will give you 3000 honor, well worth getting.

5) get some Gold, silver and bronze strongboxes from Battlegrounds up to 2 days before patch day. these have the chance to contain honor, conquest, gold and new honor gear (maybe). When patch day comes and you've spent your initial cap, open these bad boys up!

6) "Domination of..."  Missions are also an option, leave them un-used in your mission list for two days prior to patch night, then the night before send followers out on all of them. Only collect them -after- you have spent your honour cap though, otherwise the honour will be lost.

7) Option seven is very in-efficient and I don't recommend it unless you are desperate or swimming in garrison resources. Namely, buy Rush garisson orders from Sergeat grimjaw outside your garrison town hall, these will speedily complete five work orders. In this case, work orders from the gladiators sanctum, though it costs 1000 resources a pop, so be careful!

8] Have the tol barad and wintergrasp honor quests completed in your quest logs, ready to hand in. on patch day, once you have spent your initial cap, hand these in for a quick boost! sadly the blue sky logging grounds quests no longer reward honor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While some of you may have full conquest and little to no use for this new honor gear, it does have some very, very nice models... so check the link below! the LFr/honor gear is the bottom selection. I'm unsure which color variants are for LFR and which are for honor, but fingers crossed you all get what you want!

http://www.wowhead.com/news=247360/patch-6-2-armor-models-and-set-bonus-preview

Enjoy! and happy stabbings!
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Rashka

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe I heard somewhere they're gonna remove the rep items once it goes honor. Just adding that!
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar

Okiba

Not sure what you mean, but i've been keeping a close eye on patch notes as and when released. If I see anything to the contrary of what I've written here I'll edit it as and when it pops up.

thanks though!

Rashka

Quote from: Krogon on June 16, 2015, 06:05:10 PM
Not sure what you mean, but i've been keeping a close eye on patch notes as and when released. If I see anything to the contrary of what I've written here I'll edit it as and when it pops up.

thanks though!

You need Wrynns Vanguard/Vol'jin's spear reputation for some items ^^

Gashuk

Noone buys that stuff anyway! Already done all of the above apart from the artifact tip, that's pretty hard to obtain but a good shout.

-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-
"When the ashes fall and the green winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

Rashka

Quote from: Gashuk on June 16, 2015, 07:12:13 PM
Noone buys that stuff anyway! Already done all of the above apart from the artifact tip, that's pretty hard to obtain but a good shout.

versatility is bis for most classes.

Okiba

erm, nope.

Also, this thread is for ways to gather up honor for 6.2, not what can and cannot be purchased.

Rashka

Yea it is. :) but let's not discuss that here ^^

Okiba

Quote from: Rashka on June 16, 2015, 08:45:04 PM
Yea it is. :) but let's not discuss that here ^^

Incorrect.

its only of any real use, in PvP, for healers.

Which make up 6 specs out of those 5 classes total, with the other 10 specs between those healing capable classes not needing it. Then you factor in the non-healing classes and the specs they have, which is 12. So 12 + 10 = 22, which is more than 6. Maths is good.

What You actually mean is that across the board for secondary stats its 'by chance' on BiS gear that has more valuable things such as Mastery, Crit, Haste and such.

So no, Versatility is not BiS for 'most' classess. Its a secondary stat that is on gear by chance that happens to be BiS. And as I said earlier, this thread was for storing up honor, not on where or what you need to get the gear.

Okiba

Added three more options, six, seven and eight.

patch 6.2 lands next tuesday!

Okiba

Last chance to do any of this today!