Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 05:21:26 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 228
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 179
Total: 179
179 Guests, 0 Users

[AD] Recruitment Post

Started by Sadok, May 23, 2015, 01:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadok

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16070857340

It's the official Orcs of the Red Blade recruitment thread on our new home of Argent Dawn! This is the first thing a lot of new applicants will see, before our website, before our fancy-dancy trailer, and before they've even seen us in-game. So this is important, guys.

Here's what you need to know about the Argent Dawn realm forums:
  • It can get nasty: there are trolls, there are elitists, and there will probably be a few 'old friends' from DB wanting to get their shots in. Don't forget that when you post, you carry our guild-tag -- so avoid getting drawn on troll-bait, don't make any posts that reflect poorly on OotRB, and...
  • Report, report, report: If it's trolling or harassment and you report it, preferably without responding, 99% of the time it's going to get deleted by a Blizz mod. So do that, don't get wound up in flame-wars.
  • Bump it like it's going out of fashion: a thread can fall to page two on Argent Dawn within six hours or so. Although this is unlikely to happen when the thread is still new and there's heavy interest in OotRB, eventually we'll need all of your help to keep that thread afloat on page one. So whenever you feel like it, post a comment, copypasta a story, crack a joke or do anything to bump our thread. Your tribe demands it!

Groshnok

I'm extremely pleased to see how positive the forum response is!

Lars

Since I doubt I can actually post on the wow forums (haven't tried) due to a dead subscription I can't chime in. But on the "recruited without application" bit.
Marogg got in after a two hour talk with Koz and Morgeth. I had written an application and everything and just got an invite!

True, unlike most characters on AD over the coarse of 6 or something months I had interacted with Koz here and there personally and through the entire life of the character with Morg.
But basically someone should point out that there are times when an orc shows up in the evening and is a member the next day without any applications or prior knowing, the app and interview is mostly to find out of if complete tards.
Muzjhath got Iced by Sadok, after Marogg got Stabbed.

-The orc formerly known as Muzjhath formerly known as Marogg

Sadok

Quote from: Lars on May 23, 2015, 02:48:40 PM
Since I doubt I can actually post on the wow forums (haven't tried) due to a dead subscription I can't chime in. But on the "recruited without application" bit.
Marogg got in after a two hour talk with Koz and Morgeth. I had written an application and everything and just got an invite!

True, unlike most characters on AD over the coarse of 6 or something months I had interacted with Koz here and there personally and through the entire life of the character with Morg.
But basically someone should point out that there are times when an orc shows up in the evening and is a member the next day without any applications or prior knowing, the app and interview is mostly to find out of if complete tards.

There will always be exceptions to the rule, but it's still important to establish the rule. Particularly in two cases relevant to AD:
  • Quality control: this becomes especially important on AD, because while there are plenty of great RPers out there, there are also plenty of not-so great RPers. A way to separate the wheat from chaff is going to make the officers' lives much easier, so we aren't spending half of our lives interviewing people while trying to find out how to let them know they shouldn't have been born in Durotar if they're sixty years old.
  • Applicant flow: in a way, we don't want a deluge of applicants when we come to AD. If we get too overwhelmed with a billion AD New Bloods, it could make the task of assimilating them harder, and threaten the pre-existing fabric of the guild. If we take the ones who can bother to write an app, it'll be much easier to get them in, introduce them to the tribe and find them a tutor without a bunch of others elbowing in too.

That's mostly the prime concerns -- quality control, officer workload and applicant flow. The application system does remedy most of those by giving us the cream of the crop, ideally.

Sadok

The initial response was largely positive, but that initially reaction has started to wane, and we're in danger of getting our recruitment thread buried on page two or worse of the AD forums.

Please be proactive to keep our recruitment thread bumped, especially if you have material that helps show outsiders what life is like in the guild! Kozgugore, Srelok and Sinami's recent stories would be great bump fodder for instance, so if you have any stories written (be they recent or older), that's a great thing to post in our thread!

Thanks!

Sadok

With exam season over and summer upon us, the AD forums are becoming even more active, so I'd encourage people to check our thread regularly and bump it with their stories or other wackiness. It's currently languishing halfway down page 2, which is no place for us to be!

Sadok

Now that I'm no longer able to post on the forums (unsubbed), this is your habitual reminder to bump the ever-loving stuffing out of our recruitment thread. It's regularly languishing on page 2, and that's not quite good enough! The more visible it is, the more eyeballs we get on our guild, and the more applicants we receive, so remember to keep checking and posting!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14755425984?page=20

Post your updates on recent events, your stories and art, even your favourite jokes, such as: "What's Deathwing's favourite genre of music? Dragon Soul."

Sadok

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16070857340

After we hit the post limit on the old thread, here's the brand new thread, just in time for the tenth anniversary!

I have a crate of puppies I'm going to drown. The more upvotes we get, the more puppies I spare.

Okiba

In all seriousness, great post.
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Kozgugore

Throwing out another call for people to leave a little bump in the recruitment thread every now and again! The more we remain in view on the first page of the realm forums (something that's proving to be difficult with just two or so people active in it at a time), the more people will catch wind of us when they're looking for orc RP!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16070857340?page=15
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Kozgugore

Get to bumping, you lazy peons!

Srelok

"If you could pour pain into a mold of an orc and then cut off its foot to piss it off, you’d get Srelok." Gulrok Ragehowl

Kozgugore

Our new plot is in full swing again, so the people must be made aware as well! In addition to spamming these forums, do feel very free to give a very well-needed bump on our recruitment thread as well!