Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 08:53:19 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 132
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 107
Total: 107
107 Guests, 0 Users

The Grand Gurubashi War Tournament!

Started by Shrogan, October 29, 2010, 05:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrogan

IC:
A message is delivered through several congregations spread throughout Azeroth. Several invitations in paper, wrapped by the Serpent's seal are sent and once open, the paper is decorated with black ink, with letters carefully written on the parchment's surface. The writing itself seems webbed and carefully writen. It comes in Orcish, Common and Troll. Inside, it reads:

War is something we all know. It is in it that we test our strength. It is in War that we show our worth, that the strong are rewarded and the weak are culled!
It is a time of Celebrations to us, the Gurubashi! We celebrate War and the cycle which it springs forth. And War is too an art known to all of us! We open, in times of celebration, our borders to the people of the World. To those beyond the Hands of Dambalah to come celebrate with us that which we have in common! The Emperor invites you all to the Grand Gurubashi War Tournament, a yearly celebration, which we have decided to expand to both friend and foe alike as a display of respect to our enemy and friendship to our Allies.

Thus, in the Grand Gurubashi War Tournament, the Gurubashi open their borders to fighters and visitors of all over the World to come prove their worth in the common trade! Let us cherish and relish together all the Wars which we have fought and the many more which are to come!
A few moons from now, we gather at the Gurubashi Arena. Your appearance would honor us greatly.

Blood! Fire! Death!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC:

What is this?!

This my friends is SGE's invitation stretched out to all of the community to our expansion closing event. As we all know, WotlK is over within a month and we'd love to finish it with a bang! We'd like to gather everyone for a one week vacation in Stranglethorn Vale and well, feel free to enjoy it so!

Oh, nice! And what happens in this event?

It is simple. This event is a Tournament for both Horde and Alliance to participate in, with the Second Gurubashi Empire overseeing it as a neutral party.

Ok, sounds tricky to manage. What's the event schedule?
Well, the event schedule is as it follows.
7th of November - It is the opening ceremony at 20.00. Where both parties shall join us at the Arena to enroll their competitors and whatnot.
9th of November - The first round of fighting. The competitors shall once again gather at the Arena to see the first rounds of fighting. This begins at 19.00
11th of November - The continuation of ze fighting. Again at 19.00
13th of November - The conclusion of all the fighting, in which victors shall be declared and the likes. And yet again, at 19.00
14th of November - The closing ceremony at 20.00 where prizes shall be awarded and the Tournament will be officially drawn to a close and people return home.

Alright, that sounds fun. What are the rules?
Well, ICly, the rules would be simple. No fighting outside the Arena or the Empire would have to intervene in a rather agressive manner. The sword, spell and axe kind of agressive manner. But perhaps, allow me to list up the rules and the reason for them to exist so.

- No fighting outside the Arena grounds. This is simple, it is our last big event before the expansion draws to a close, so we'd like to keep this rather clean. We'd not want it to become a big festival of three hours worth of WPvP and then that's it, with everyone going home annoyed when this can become such a fun event. So I will need help with this, from you, to help me make this a more fun experience for us all. I'm counting on your help!
- The Vale belongs to the Gurubashi Empire. It is Troll land. Neither the Horde or the Alliance have authority within its borders, thus they should not be making arrests and the likes (towel-slapping in the locker-rooms counts too. We don't like such immorality in our jungles).
- Each faction will be hosted in the hubs of their faction. Horde being in Grom'Gol and the Alliance in the rebel camp. An alternative to this is also Booty Bay. Undeclared camping within the Jungles will be most likely met with suspicion and hostility. If you wish to camp somewhere else, contact the Empire so it may be managed.

Hmmm... I see. And what manner of gear should we wear to the duels?

We've allowed the usage of PvP gear and RP gear as well. The gear level is to be set pre-match between the contestants. The Second Gurubashi Empire doesn't feel entitled to withdraw the work of several players which they have put into this game towards farming their gear (in hopes it'll improve their IC performance say in duels and the likes) in favor of looks. If you wish to fight in Roleplaying gear, perhaps you should set it up with your opponent beforehand.

And if I don't want to fight, can I still come?
But of course! More than the fighting, we want you to come and enjoy yourself and have a good time. You can come to trade, to spectate, fight, chat with your friends or perhaps just see how your enemies are doing. Please, do come along and enjoy a week outside your normal hubs. The expansion is closing and we'll only have so many opportunities to do so!

That's lovely! But now, let's talk the real deal. What are the prizes?
The prizes for this are three. Naturally, first place, second place and third place.
The first place winner will receive 5000 gold.
The second place winner will receive 2500 gold.
And the third place winner shall lastly receive 1000 gold.

Oooh, sounds great! How do I apply?
Simple! Get your bum to the first of these events, the opening ceremony and register there! We're looking forward to see you!

My Question was not covered in this FAQ.
Well son, feel free to contact me ingame and we'll discuss your doubts, or just post it here so I may see to it and reply. Perhaps fellow community members will want to know of this as well! Now, however as I have said, we're looking forward to see you! Tata!