Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 01:26:29 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 310
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 254
Total: 254
254 Guests, 0 Users

Night Sky

Started by Rhonya, October 10, 2015, 03:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhonya

My eyes opened as a pang of pain made its way from my stomach to my back, slowly and almost agonizingly so, causing me to curl up a little as it reached my spine. A soft grunt escaped from my lips, a rough awakening like this. It had been happening more recently the further along in the pregnancy I got, and the more stress was added. Rolling on my back, I exhaled slowly and carefully stretched my back, my hands cupping the rounding of my stomach, softly rubbing the skin, trying to calm whatever it was that was happening inside. The pup was restless too; I could feel her shift and turn.

Opening my eyes a little more, I let them adjust to my surroundings. One of the simple buildings in the keep, I’d found a spot somewhat alone behind some crates and out of the way. No one would bother me here, and I wouldn’t bother anyone either with my odd times of waking up. With a deep sigh I managed to heave myself up to my feet, it was getting harder every day to just do the simplest of things, even putting boots on and off had become a challenge because I couldn’t even see my feet, and I couldn’t bend that far anymore.
I threw my most simple robe over my head and waddled my way outside into the dark of the night., leaving Lian sleeping on my furs. The robe was a little too long, but my stomach made up for that length now, pulling it up higher on the front. I was so done with this pregnancy.

Somewhat longingly I eyed the gates of the keep, standing on one of the ledges now on the hill, overlooking the camp, the dry, warm Barrens wind in my back. I couldn’t even go outside these days, with that Kor’kron fanatic stalking the plains. Twice she had targeted me, twice someone else had to stand up for me and get me out of there. A low growl build in the back of my throat and my fist clenched a little at my side. She’d get what she deserved, some day. I wasn’t used to being such a vulnerable target, and I hated it. Hated it utterly, that I had to stand back and let others do the fighting for me.

The growl faded as I thought about what Mozrogg had said though. I could still hear the words he said, echoing in my mind, as if he was standing right in front of me again, the anger on his face, in his eyes.
“She won't get near you as long as I draw breath. I will protect you. By my blood.  You and yer unborn pup.  She will not bother you again. And if she does, I'll tear her limb from limb.”
I had noticed a shift there, between us. Something changing and I was surprised about it actually to see such raw ferocity, that honesty when he had spoken. Gone was the smirking, the joking and the light teases, he had meant it, and it somewhat frightened me for some reason. Even though it also comforted me, the thought he'd be there, he would have my back. As much as I was annoyed by it that I even needed that right now.

I sat down on the edge of the wall, dangling my legs over the edge, putting my hands behind me to lean on so I could look up at the stars above, not a cloud in the sky. My right hand was still in bandages, but I ignored the pain as I leaned my weight back. Sadok was still fresh in my head as well, the talk we had had, the choices that had been made, the things that had finally been closed off. I didn’t really blame him for anything he’d done. I knew very well a lot of it was my own fault, but I had blinded myself to that before. He’d pushed my boundaries today, and I finally had let go of him. It felt like an enormous weight had been lifted off my shoulders, now I’d finally been able to say goodbye, and close that chapter of my life. Of course I still felt for him, and carried his pup in my stomach, but it felt…different now. Easier.

My eyes scanned the sky, remembering something Gashuk had once said, that our fates were somehow written in the patterns of the stars. I didn’t really believe such mad words, but the thought was comforting somehow anyway. What would happen would happen, and I just had to sit out a few more months, before I could start anew completely. Go back to being my old self, do my duties, face my problems and keep the tribe safe.

Oh, and I had to kill that damned thief of course, before we would leave here. Somehow. The corner of my mouth curled up into a smirk, as I started to think up some plans…
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Okiba

Nice little story!

...I often find myself looking forward to what you write, half for the little insights, the other half for the nifty images!

Moar cheesecake.

((right, I wrote "moar please!" at the end of my message here, it got changed to "Moar cheesecake." the dook is going on?))
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Rhonya

((Haha thanks!
And that's Koz his fun. :P Some words on this forum get changed automatically to others. xD ))
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."