Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 12:43:12 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 174
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 191
Total: 191
191 Guests, 0 Users

Application: Mal'garr Firefist

Started by Tideraider, February 17, 2018, 03:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tideraider

Name:
Mal'garr Firefist (Malgarr)

Level:

Tell us something about your (role)playing experience:
I've been roleplaying in both WoW and Star Wars: The Old Republic for a good while. I started Roleplaying in WoW around the release of Cataclysm on US servers in essentially a "RP Storyline Villains for Hire" guild as a Mana-Obssessed Blood Elf called Jallen Orianth, who was predominantly a coward and a show-off. My then longest running RP character was Edmuuzen Kingsman, a Sith Lord in SWTOR. I portrayed him as another cowardly figure who used trickery and Sith Sorcery to succeed while being physically inept. I also served as an officer in that particular guild for about seven months before leaving the guild as it drew to a close as guilds often do. Many of those guild members went on to run an RP guild on Alliance side Argent Dawn, but being a Hordie type I had to abandon them, sadly. Upon returning to WoW I've played Mal'garr with a few different concepts and personalities, though this was hampered by me spending a good while involved in raiding instead of RP. I also roleplay extensively outside of MMOs in tabletop RPGs and the suchlike. I generally play eitheir violently against type, or seemingly violently to type but with aspects of the character's personality that clash with the image they attempt to present of themselves.

And finally, please write a short story and/or (IC) introduction about your character:  (Sorry if it's a bit much)
Life is ofttimes hard for an Orc Warlock. They are, understandably, treat with a level of barely hidden contempt, if not open contempt. They are considered a necessary evil by their own people. This worsens, the older one is. The older the Orc speaking with the warlock is, the more they remember the great betrayal that could very well have meant doom for their people. The older the warlock is, the closer they were to the source of that betrayal. Mal'garr is a warlock, and he is very old.

He was once a Shaman of his people, one who specifically communed with that most fickle of elements; fire. He was also of the Shadowmoon Clan, and as such was one of the first of his people to embrace the arts of the Warlock. He was already getting on in years by that time, to the degree at which the fact that he still lives in this day and age is both impressive and somewhat worrying. He fought alongside his kin in the wars against the Draenei, serving Ner'zhul and Gul'dan loyally, as many of his people did in the early days of the original Horde. He seemed even to remain loyal to the Old Horde regime even as times grew leaner following the defeat of the Draenei, as their home slowly burned and died under their feet. As the time came to invade Azeroth even, he stood proudly with his clan brothers, ready to surge into this new world, and claim it for his people. It came as quite a shock then that, shortly after arriving in Azeroth, Mal'garr vanished entirely.

He only returned many years later, long after the first, second, and even third wars. Orgrimmar had finally been established fully, and the Dark Portal was set to open again. Prior to it's re-opening, Mal'garr emerged from wilderness of Kalimdor, and threw himself on the mercy of Thrall's Horde, asking to return to his people. This return was granted. In the years since, Mal'garr Firefist has served as a sanctioned military Warlock of the Horde, fighting in the Outlands, in Northrend, and most recently against the invading Burning Legion. Alongside this, he has developed some mysterious ties to the Forsaken, apparently performing some kind of "research" for them that he refuses to speak about in any detail.

With the recent fall of the Legion, and the imprisonment of the Dark Titan Sargeras, Mal'garr has grown concerned. In the years since his return he was insisted on claiming allegiance still to the Shadowmoon Clan, despite them being largely dead, or still considered traitors to the Orcish people. Now, with the uncertain future of the Warlocks, he finds that he needs less theoretical allies.

Kozgugore

Great to see you got around to giving us your little introduction, Mal'garr! :D Hopefully the Red Blade will prove to be the home that you're looking for! Your application certainly seems to be very much in order. While I'll be curious to see how well your orc will fit in with the rest of the guild given his 'nature' (not to mention some mysterious blank page in his history that could surely provide with some tasty intrigue in the future!), I'm sure he might be given a chance to prove himself, should first impressions prove to work in his favour anyway. ;)

Consider your application approved! Whenever you find the time and will, feel free to poke any of our officers and contacts to set up an IC interview for yourself! Looking forward to meeting you in-game!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Kozgugore

Interviewed and accepted! Welcome to the clan! :D
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade