Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 09:10:07 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59
59 Guests, 0 Users

Wiki help topic

Started by Kozgugore, September 07, 2010, 05:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your stance on wikis?

Yes, make an all-powerful OotRB wiki!
Wikis? Might as well use the DB RP one!
Don't bother, no one will use it anyway.

Kozgugore

I always thought it was a bit of a shame that our old OotRB Wiki got lost. We used to have a lot of precious, little bits of info on it. Now that I see Defias Brotherhood's own wiki (http://defiaseu.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page), I can't help but notice a low amount of activity, particularly of orcses, on it.

Nevertheless, I was wondering how much interest there would actually be if people would get the chance to post their characters and such in the tribe's own wiki. Will it be used, or now that you've been made aware of wikis in general, will you might as well use the DB one? Drop by your votes for massive damage!

All in all, you could simply say that this is an attempt of mine to probe just how many people are actually interested in these wiki-thingies as is.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Greggar

A wiki for the tribe alone gives that extra feeling of how big this tribe is and that there is more history behind it.  In the past I think lazyness was the biggest factor of people or that they constantly forgot about the wiki.

It would be nice if it got another chance I suppose and perhaps post a link of our red blade wiki at the DB wiki.
Because orcs are green..Doesn't mean they can do photosynthesis..Or can they?

Gnash

I've never created any wiki content because I just dont understand how to create a proper wiki page, frankly.

Mazguul

I luuuuurve the Wikis! But then, I enjoy creating them you see.... in fact, I could make them for peoples if they were interested in having one for their character but lacked the time and/or skills/patience.

It's also a great way to keep an eye on the 'history' of the Tribe and for newer folks to get an idea of the sorts of characters they could end up meeting, not to mention Greggar's fabulous point about it making the Tribe seem a whole lot bigger.

Lack of advertising might be a factor it is true as well as laziness.
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Lars

I've... delayed making Wikipages for my characters for too long.

But I'd rather see we use the DB one and link to it from the page. As then everyone has access to the history of the tribe and such. (Ofcourse with the pages locked so not a random twat will edit it).
Muzjhath got Iced by Sadok, after Marogg got Stabbed.

-The orc formerly known as Muzjhath formerly known as Marogg

Morgeth

I wouldn't mind our own wiki, where we can post -all- of our stuff, like stories, extended information and such. We can link some stuff to the DB one perhaps. But making a wiki look good would require alot of help from the guild, to flesh things out and not make it look stripped.
I want to be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.

Rargnasha

I've been delaying my Wiki as well for a loong while, I am not that good with using Wikis' and the like, but I reckon that it might be something everyone can have fun with.
Appendix means... What?!

Drevan

www.orcsoftheredblade.com/wiki

Account creation is disabled, please use your Forum details.
I respond to Sakareth and Azuril too.

Garashna

Drevan

I'll put them in if the Wiki gets enough support, as there's about 20 dependant templates that have to go in first.

I like Wiki's and so should you!

Mazguul

Hmmm, have managed to do a fair bit tonight... will have to continue after the weekend... the entry really does need sorting..... however, soooo awesome to have it back! =D I can even flood the wiki with all my badly written stories! xD
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Kozgugore

Let's spam this thing to oblivion! Start posting your stuff, even if it may just be placeholders or the like for now, folks. Would be nice to see how many people will be interested in getting this to work.

And thanks for putting it back up, Drev. Sure as hell took me unaware. :P

Garashna

Spamming has commenced! Created some basic pages for the ranks and such.

Drevan

Let's be sure to differentiate good from bad spam. Bad spam makes me angry.

Kozgugore

Lovely-looking skin on that! Great work, Drev! *Thumbs up*