Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 10:30:34 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 150
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 131
Total: 131
131 Guests, 0 Users

Poll: Red Blade - Multiracial?

Started by Kozgugore, December 30, 2011, 06:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Open up the guild to other races (namely trolls and tauren)?

Make it so!
9 (52.9%)
Hell no!
8 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Morgeth

I like that orcs of the red blade is, as the name state, exclusively for orcs. One thing I've always mourned is, however, the low interaction between the races/guilds. I think the idea of inviting others to events, and perhaps hosting more open stuff that's not necessarily tied to kosh'hargs or markets could be a very good idea. That way we perhaps get some closer kind of RP without immediately going through any painful complete overhaul of our guild concept. If there would be enough interest in this from trolls and tauren I'd consider creating a kind of sister guild or such.
I want to be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.

Murrah

“Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!”

Regorn

Well, speaking of a technical term, Orc of the Red Blade is a Chiefdom Tribe, thus joining it is just subjective to the Chife?
While a Clan is more "born in to" then other social groups?

Thus I suggest this: You (the Chife, big buy, the guy with the wolf, I mean great Shrewd) Gather up the nobels (High ranked), possibly Commoners (lower rank) and have a good ol' fasion political talk. After all, that is what a chife does best

"Hear the sound of the others, find peace in minde and see beyond small scrabbel of the Common orc. Find the path that is right, becouse itself is right. Not becouse others whould deem it right. As chiftain, finding the true path that leads your Tribe to greater power, living and understand is your dudy, one of many. Find the path that whould lead to the survival of the Tribe, find balance in change and tradition and move on."

*Pat Kozgugore on the shoulder and wait for the wind to take him back*
"Just a frindly... tip, we say"
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Gnash

I thought a chieftain dictates everything and whoever doesn't like it can eat his axe!

Oh wait, that's our beloved Warchief. ;D

Mazguul

Hehehehe, Gnash XD

This whole thread upsets me greatly but... I'll be good and try not to over react.

The idea of inviting Tauren and Trolls, as part of a separate guild, is one I love! More guild interaction would be wonderful, and inviting them along to many of our events would not only strengthen ties but lead to some interesting, fun and enjoyable RP. Plus, it would knit the community closer together!

The trouble is, people want to be part of a high ranked guild, for the perks and what not, and it's understandable (all right, I don't understand it, but friends have assured me this is the case even though I think they're nuts). A sister guild may fall flat on it's face.

HOWEVER!!! The bonus of being a sister guild would be that the main guildies would be there to help! Areans, BG's, rBG's, Instances, Raids - given time we could get the sister guild up to a fairly high level and by then there would be reputation enough for it to keep itself going! =) Or so I have convinced myself.

This does mean we'll all have to work at it (as a guild and as individuals) and I, for one, would be willing to part with more time to help out! The rewards would be wonderful!

So:

Yay: for sister guild!!! Nay: for joining.
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Kozgugore

I didn't mean to offend or annoy anyone with this topic, so my apologies if I have. This topic is merely meant for the sake of discussion. As mentioned in the main post, it has thus far never been a realistic option to choose from. I was just interested in hearing what others had  to say, and to see if there is anything that needs to be done in regards to any other races.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Sadok

Quote from: Morgeth on December 31, 2011, 08:21:52 AM
I like that orcs of the red blade is, as the name state, exclusively for orcs. One thing I've always mourned is, however, the low interaction between the races/guilds. I think the idea of inviting others to events, and perhaps hosting more open stuff that's not necessarily tied to kosh'hargs or markets could be a very good idea. That way we perhaps get some closer kind of RP without immediately going through any painful complete overhaul of our guild concept. If there would be enough interest in this from trolls and tauren I'd consider creating a kind of sister guild or such.

On balance, this is probably the best idea in the short term (by which I mean the next twelve months or so). Doing so would keep OotRB fundamentally -orcish- whilst allowing orcs RP opportunities with their troll/tauren bretheren.

I do think that IC interaction between the various guilds is something rather lacking, and something that should be worked towards after our brave orcs return from their adventures in Northrend. For instance, Marrickus has restarted tavern RP at the Wyvern's Tail on his orc alt; should it last, holding a tavern night would probably be a nice alternative to Razor Hill campfire nights when the orcs are in Durotar between RP focuses.

Returning to the topic, however - I've outlined my reasons why integrating the orcs, trolls and tauren just makes sense. Establishing a sister guild but inviting it to our events is a very sensible halfway option to retain our orcish niche whilst exploring the options of further establishing Kalimdor RP.

I'd easily amend my vote to a close-knit sister guild, but the reasons for having a limited poll are clear and obvious, considering how abstract and hypothetical the topic is at this current stage.

Grekthar

Hmm, well this is where my Panda guild idea can help out if the OotRB doesn't do the whole other races in it... essentially, I would have my pandaren guild work closely with the more powerful guilds within the Horde, which should help bring more RP into Kalimdor. http://www.defiasrp.com/t4235-pandaren-tauren-orderpossible

Just want to give this as an option if the Red Blade decides not to allow other races into the Red Blade.. /shrug

I feel like I'm the only sane one in this Tribe. And I have four elementals living in my skull!

Gnash

Right, I understand a lot of people would prefer the safer route of letting trolls and tauren come along to our events. I still want to elaborate on the other option, though, to try and show the good sides of allowing trolls and tauren in the guild. Mind you, this is all hypothetically so please do not get upset or anything.

Trolls and tauren have little reason to join a tribe of orcs. It makes little sense because they do not share most customs and culture. An alternative to this would be a union of tribes. The orc tribe would naturally be the Red Blade tribe. Let's call the tauren tribe the Cloudmane tribe, and since the Darkspear tribe being quite, we can simply call the troll tribe that.

So now we have:

• the Red Blade tribe
  • the Cloudmane tribe
  • the Darkspear tribe

Each tribe would need its own ranks to make it plausible. Below I've comprised a small list of changes to these ranks. The actual ranks can easily be added in player notes to keep the guildtab clean. The colors I've used above will indicate which ranks is for which tribe to try and keep it understandable. Naturally one can argue about the names of the ranks, but keep in mind this is all just hypothetical pondering so it's unnecessary to get in too much detail.

New Blood
The same for each tribe.

Warrior
[Nag'ogar] [Longrunner] [Headhunter]
Veteran
[Rrosh-tul] [Brave] [Primal]

Spiritual
[Gosh'kar] [Seer] [Soothsayer]
Elder
[Thur'ruk] [Elder Seer] [Witch-Doctor]

Special
[Varog'gor] [Spirit Champion] [Shadow Hunter]

Tribe Leader
[Chieftain] [Chieftain] [Prime Shadow Hunter]

Warbands are something I have personally always wanted to see implemented. Basically it entails that members of the warrior caste in each tribe must form warbands. Warbands can be best described as mini-regiments. Every warband picks its own members, outfit and name and may not consist of more than five warriors (one of them being a veteran and leader).

So for instance, an orc warband earns the name The Red Dogs for being known to act vicious and dishonorable in battle. Together they decide that all their members must wear Savage Saronite Pauldrons to indicate they are part of the same warband. Every orc that wants to join The Red Dogs must endure a specific trial that its members have come up with to prove his or her merit.

In short, warbands are self-sufficient role-playing groups in which their is room for creativity from individual members. If you don't like a warband, you can simply leave it and join another. Moreover, warbands would be ideal to keep role-playing in your own race's tribe flowing. Which warband a warrior is a part of can written down in the officer notes.

Some examples of names for warbands:

• The Red Dogs
  • The Band of Stronghand ( teehee )
  • The Plainstriders
  • The Sons of Mu'sha
  • Shango's Spears
  • Bethekk's Berserkers

We've taken care of the warrior side of things, now let's talk about shamans and other dress-wearing scum. Since the nature of role-play of spiritual characters is quite different from your average warmongering buffoon, we could integrate the concept of a 'shaman circle' into the tribes. It would be cross-racial, all the members of the spiritual castes would have to contribute to it.

Unlike the warbands, this circle would have a political aspect to it. Chieftains would be honorary members of the circle and together with the elders they could decide what courses of action to take and on which matters to focus. Elders would need to deliberate and try to convince the leaders of the tribes.

Apart from that, the spiritual caste would organize some kind of masses for their own race, and organize cross-racial role-playing events like celebrating a solstice, midsummer or midwinter. Lastly, they would need to train shamans and other gown-wearing pansies to become one of them.

Like the Earthen Ring, a goal of greater importance would be a good way to bind together this circle. Needing to mend the elemental rifts in Horde territories that have been caused by Deathwing and the Twilight's Hammer for instance...?

-----

One final note: this is all just hypothetical and has only illustrative purposes. Speaking of illustrations, what do you think of the banners I've squeezed in here? I had been mucking about in Photoshop and wanted to show off. ;D

Sadok

Gnash's proposal would better suit an alliance of guilds rather than a single guild, personally.  Squishing three whole tribes, eighteen ranks and multiple warbands under ONE guild tag is a recipe for calamity.

-If- we were to accommodate trolls and tauren, it would be better to incorporate them under the existing Red Blade lore and concept rather than diluting the guild's backstory and concept.

Nonetheless, on balance, I feel it would be better to form an IC alliance of different guild tags rather than forming a single indistinct homogenous entity.

No offense, Gnash, but a single lumped-together guild called 'The Tribes' doesn't sound nearly as interesting as three distinct guilds that could collaborate together on events.

Gnash

None taken. It's just that no new guild can grow in today's fucked up system. Sadly, people care about guild perks and therefor getting anybody to join a new guild is generally harder than making an elephant disappear in a crowded theater. Granted, the concept I've sketched above is not a role-playing guild in the traditional sense. It's more of a role-playing community united under a single guild tag. Is it the best option? Probably not. Is it a viable alternative? Maybe. Are the banners fancy? Quite fancy.

PS. <The Tribes> sounds lame. ;D

EDIT: and ask yourself this question -- where are those other guilds we can collaborate with now? The only guild I can think of we can collaborate with is the Blackblood Clan, and the Red Blades and the Blackbloods aren't exactly as thick as thieves. Moreover, I think creating a sister guild will not be succesful either. I've already adressed the fact that no new guild can succeed, but apart from that why would a tauren or troll role-player join a RP guild in which all the strings are pulled by orcs? Frankly, I'd think twice before joining a guild that serves as coming as extras to orc-lead events. The difference is the measure of equality.

Gnash

And finally, I know I'm probably breaking a huuuge taboo here but I've got to say it anyway: If you fear that allowing trolls and tauren will water down the concept, perhaps we should change the concept then.

Man, I feel dirty for writing that down...

Sadok

Quote from: Gnash on January 03, 2012, 01:57:24 AM
And finally, I know I'm probably breaking a huuuge taboo here but I've got to say it anyway: If you fear that allowing trolls and tauren will water down the concept, perhaps we should change the concept then.

Man, I feel dirty for writing that down...

But there's nothing wrong with the Red Blade concept - nothing to justify completely abandoning six years of backstory and guild lore. There's nothing wrong with change, but change for its own sake is pointless.

But eh.

Kozgugore

I can agree with that. If you want an entirely new structure, you might as well start a new guild altogether. I don't think there's anything wrong with the Red Blade as it currently is though. What I do think something is wrong with, is the Horde community here. It's become far too quiet for its own good.

That's why an initiative like this might work out. Truth be told, if it wasn't for this very guild, I would have -long- since moved on to a server like Argent Dawn, myself. The guild is keeping me here however, because I probably can't force an entire guild to migrate, nor do I want to abandon the guild. I still very much enjoy my time in it.

Gnash's concept is sound, though it would indeed be a lot of hassle to sort it all out. There's nothing wrong with the Red Blade past, and ought to be used to our advantage, should we ever choose to walk this kind of road. I was, at least, thinking of giving every race the same rank, only with their own terms included into their guild notes, as Gnash described. Having said that though, I do think it's best to have a united tribe instead of three different ones. It would make for some more cohesion that way anyway.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Ragaresh

I've been sad because there is very little out of guild interaction. And funnily enough all of the remaining major RP guilds out there. Have little reason to be friendly* with one another, or they just just dont like us because of their own unique view of the world (IC:ly). Unfortunately (and maybe fortunately for us) the orcs on kalimdor side are the most roleplayed races, propably because of The Tribe itself, not far fetched when i say that i think. Most Tauren/Troll/goblin RP guilds die because of lack of activity, people get bored and the landslide of failure builds up. Like Koz said it's thanks to the activity and the people in this guild i still remain on this server/game.

Making the guild multiracial might make some people (sorry to say) rage because a lot joined the tribe because of the fact that it's orc only, and not only because it offers a lot of RP for them. After some thinking im changing my "yes" vote to "No" since there is no middle option. However eventhough i've gone horribly offtopic, i would be all in for the idea of trying to boost up tauren/troll/..goblin roleplaying with our tribe. Even if it ment making another "Iron Collar" type alliance. But one that isnt just once a month meeting of sorts. However there are cons to that, the immerse stress on officers on having guild only events and in addition to them, events with the other guilds. For now all we can do is to help out any starting roleplaying guilds and maybe get in touch more with the current ones a little more, but there is always the IC question, and it's an important one.

*Aka actually -want- to just hang around and work together, with no expectations of material or any sort of self-only gain (think Forsaken).