Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:22:28 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 241
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 179
Total: 179
179 Guests, 0 Users

A friendly Check-Up

Started by Gridish, February 22, 2016, 12:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gridish

Present
A soft, cool evening breeze rushes over the Northern Barren’s soil as Rimeweaver leans against a pile of crates. The spot he occupied is one he’s sat at before. A small secluded tented structure just outside of The Crossroads. Ignoring the orders both he and Steelheart gave the tribe not even fifteen minutes ago “Don’t venture from The Crossroads alone”, though he couldn’t care less. No Imp nor Elf was stupid enough to get this close to The Crossroads. Even if anyone attempted anything, he was in shouting range. Guards would swarm the structure in a heartbeat. Besides, a random Night Elf filled with bloodlust or an imp that couldn’t even hit the broad side of a barn were the least of his concerns. There was enough on his mind already. First there is Kogra and their pup on his mind. A little Rimeweaver-Windwatcher flailing around in this realm, with the she-orc of his dreams. Second there is the Nag’Ogar in training of which Gridish is doubting. “The first trainee to fail a Nag’Ogar task” he thought to himself and sighed. What was troubling him even more was the fact that Gridish gave the trainee another chance. Perhaps the Orc can get his crap together and become Nag’Ogar material, though Gridish was even doubting that. Gridish let out another sigh and reached for the bookpouch that’s attached to his belt. It’s empty. The third and final thing on Gridish’ mind. It was the reason why Gridish was in this secluded spot after all.

Two months ago
It was a cold afternoon in the Grizzly Hills and the Tribe had arrived in Conquest Hold the previous evening. Gridish was standing outside the walls of the hold with Lofty. “The attitude ye’ve shown durin’ the crash in Storm Peaks… The crap ye pulled, leavin’ not only me, but the â€"entire- tribe in an even worse situation… The way ye hurt Kogra-.. Unacceptable. The time where I actually needed ye by my side, and ye were bein’ yer disrespectful and unhelpful self. I am disgusted, Lofty… Absolutely disgusted.” The Orc sighs as the tome silently hovers in front of Gridish. A brief silence arose between the two. Just the wild life of the Grizzly Hills echoing faintly. “I already said I was sorry-.. Like-… A million times-….” Lofty said as he broke the silence. Gridish Exhaled deeply while staring at Lofty “It’s a never endin’ cycle, Lofty… Ye keep on pullin’ the same crap, time in and time out… And all ye have to show for it is an apology. One day ye’ll simply get yerself killed. I won’t be able to protect ye forever”. Both the tome and the Orc fell silent again. The wildlife of the Hills started echoing faintly once again. “I have made some arrangements, Lofty.” Gridish said. “Ye’ll be travelin’ with an old friend until things simmer down-… Until ye can simmer down. It’s for yer own safety… Like I said, I can’t protect ye forever”. Lofty tried to interrupt Gridish, but Gridish shook his head. “Take this time to think things over, to think about what you’ve done. Ye’ll be picked up later tonight. Don’t worry though. This isn’t farewell. It’s merely a goodbye.”

Present
“Hello Gridish, it has been a while.” A familiar voice broke the silence of the Barrens and Gridish looked up to find the caring face of his old teacher. Gridish slowly got to his feet to greet his old mentor. Gridish must have been lost in thought as he didn’t see or hear him coming. “Mok’ra old friend. It has been too lon’” Gridish said as if he was ashamed of the fact. Since the start of the hunt for the Dwarven Warband in Grizzly Hills, Gridish had not had any contact with his former mentor. It isn’t that Gridish didn’t want to. He had simply been occupied with Tribe matters, but his mentor understood that all too well. “So my friend, what is on your mind?” Gridish’ tutor asked Gridish. “Well..” the orc started, “I would like to hear how Lofty is doing. It’s been a while since I’ve heard about him last..” The Orc paused and sighed. “..And you were curious how your friend is doing and if he’s mad at you?” the Orc’s tutor followed up where Gridish left off. Gridish nodded slowly as a confirmation. “Well-… At first.. Lofty was Lofty. He was mad at the world because he felt mistreated.” Both Gridish’ old mentor and Gridish himself rolled their eyes simultaneously before his tutor continued “but not long into his trip away he realized and understood why you did what you did. It wasn’t as much to punish him. It was more about saving Lofty. Giving him time to think… and that is exactly what he’s been doing. He’s starting to control his temper. He watches what he says and he’s actually listening.” Gridish blinked and looked at his mentor “Are we still talkin’ about the same tome?” Both Gridish and his tutor chuckled. “He’ll need a little longer before he’s ready to return.” His tutor continued “He’s on the right path… Do you have any time where you’d like him to return?” Gridish nodded slowly as he thought to himself. “I think I have an idea, aye.” The two discussed the details, wrapped up their conversation and parted ways.
Gridish Rimeweaver