Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 01:52:26 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 154
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 90
Total: 90
90 Guests, 0 Users

A cultist's plight

Started by Morgeth, September 02, 2012, 04:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgeth

In the beginning was shadow eternal.
Hate blazed forth, and FIRE was born.
Wounds scabbed, and so begat EARTH.
Cries of anguish birthed howling WIND.
Wherein the skies wept seas of TEARS.
We live in the shadow.
The world we know.
Built of rage, hurt, anguish and sorrow.

- Excerpt from Apocrypha

The hand was already in motion, cutting through the air. It was as if she could already feel the pain from it, right before it actually hit her cheek. An ominous crack was heard as Zhor'arasha's father's hand crashed into her face, sending her stumbling backwards until her back hit one of the stone walls of the small room. Her own fingers were immediately raised, checking if he had managed to finally break her jaw again. Despite a small clicking noise, she found that her bones remained intact. He, of course, wasn't paying attention to that.

”You are to stay behind”, he muttered, as if stating something not particularly out of the ordinary. ”These orcs have been closing in on us for months, and now they are practically at our gates. I will need for you to hold them back.” The hand that had struck out at her now wafted through the air, whilst the older, male orc began to walk around the room. ”I will not have them ruin all this work, and make it for naught.”

She didn't voice any doubts, knowing they would be useless. But they still mulled inside her mind. The older orc, perhaps sensing this, turned towards her with a more diplomatic tone of voice. ”I will leave others with you as well, of course. They will serve under your command, and their powers will be set to bring strength to yours.” He closed in on her, placing heavy hands upon her shoulders, squeezing his fingers around the cloth of her purple robe. ”You will keep the dogs at bay”, he reassured her.

Unbeknownst to him, she had listened in on previous reports. She knew of the numbers of these orcs, of their reputation and even of some of their particular members. A single orc, a handful of vessels, to keep them at bay? She would be a delay, at best. ”Is there no one else?”, she blurted, knowing full well how such words would displease him. His response didn't delay, delivered in a violent snort and a push at her shoulders to again shove her back against the wall. ”Is it not within my right to call on you as I wish, daughter? Have I failed you somehow, slacked in your training, to make you doubt that I would put you where you are needed most?”

She stared back at him, fearless before his anger, but not fearless to the notion of disobeying him. To turn from purpose, from the order of which her life had been arranged, would be against her very nature. Torture, pain and suffering were fleeting, and could be put out of mind, but if purpose would be the same, then her existence would be for naught. Her own hands lifted, briefly squeezing his wrists in a sign of reassurance. ”Of course it is your right, father. I was wrong to question. When will you leave?”

His hands left her shoulders as soon as his demands were seemingly met, and as Zhor'arasha's father walked across the room, towards the exit, he threw a last glance at his daughter. ”Immediately. You'd do well to don your battle gear, child. I imagine you are in for one fel of a fight.”

((Something written together for the cultist character I created for one of our events and who got captured during it too. Might write some more eventually!))
I want to be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.

Kozgugore

A nice bit of insight in the bad gu- gal! I always have a kind of love for "villains" who have a bit of a justified reason to be evil, or even just a bit of background or a motive or such. You're quite good at those, which is probably why you are always so keen on being a bad gal!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Sadok

It's pretty awesome to see what by all rights should be a throwaway character get some fleshing out and backstory - an enjoyable read, and certainly helps humanise (err, orcise) Zhor'arasha and her motivations!