Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 02:15:36 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 228
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200
200 Guests, 0 Users

Treason and Loyalty

Started by Jancole, March 24, 2008, 08:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jancole

Some that has been on my mind lately is how the Alliance has changed. Once it was fun, if very legal and upperclass. Now it seems that it has changed to human RP or nothing, this unshort kills braincells.
I remember the days of Orc's Vs Humans in other warcraft games...I also remember where I sided.
I'm trying to find out if DB isn't a "grass is greener on the other side" realm. It looks good from a distance but up close its the same.

As one of the best guilds on DB Horde I need to ask...

Is the Roleplayed more than just war and more war?
Can you only find it within your guild?
What sort of things happen other than W-PvP?
How are things OOC?
Is Kozgugore as mean and moody OOC as IC?  :P
What are the links like between other RP guilds?

Kozgugore

Dwarf spy! Clomp the bastard!

Shame to hear it's starting to get so dull on Alliance. I'll admit I got a human myself as well, though it's mostly for lulz. Heard of a lot of dwarf guilds and whatnot dying out (not sure whether the council is still alive. Shame if it isn't, sounded fun), so compared to humans, it doesn't seem all that big (nelves were always sorta ill-represented with only one or two decent guilds I think). You're planning to reroll or something?

As to answer your questions, purely from a paranoid orc's point of view...

At least in OotRB, WPvP events are only a small part of all guild events. Excluding random RP (patrols, campfires, small hunts, etc.), events would include celebrations, regular meetings, rituals and whatnot. Though our RP of course involves some WPvP every now and then, we got plenty of other stuff as well (for example, we had a Kosh'harg celebration just yesterday). Not saying it's the same as your average Alliance RP guild (where an estimated 30% would include all WPvP, whereas Horde would be about at least 40% I suppose).

As for links with other guilds, we're still part of the Covenant that includes several other RP guilds. Though it's been pretty quiet RP-wise except for some WPvP and PvE now and then, we have an IC channel (OOC banter allowed) to keep on making fun of each other. There're some other guilds like SGE we have some "neutral" relations with, but since random RP is way harder to find on Horde side (yes, I'll admit most of the RP will be in your guild if you join an RP guild), except for the stinky city of Silvermoon, it ain't easy getting to talk with them every now and then.

As for IC-OOC relations, I expect we all know the difference and how to keep grudges IC. And even though we have an IC chat, we have an OOC channel as well that offers plenty of mind-numbing chatter every now and then.

The above doesn't count for me. I'm a grumpy git both IC and OOC and I'll use my forum rights to send you hatemails if you dare to IC make fun of my wolf mask that makes me look fat.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Claws

Quote from: Kozgugore on March 24, 2008, 08:47:22 PM
I'm a grumpy git both IC and OOC and I'll use my forum rights to send you hatemails if you dare to IC make fun of my wolf mask that makes me look fat.

I will vouch for that.

In any group RP is what you make it.
You put into it and you will get something out of it.
If you sit on the side lines expecting all to come to you and start up a conversation then you will have a lonely life in any group.
No group RP 100% of the time but with us you get as much as you want providing you are willing to contribute.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Rehbande

Quote from: Claws on March 24, 2008, 09:12:24 PM
Quote from: Kozgugore on March 24, 2008, 08:47:22 PM
I'm a grumpy git both IC and OOC and I'll use my forum rights to send you hatemails if you dare to IC make fun of my wolf mask that makes me look fat.

I will vouch for that.

/signed

Jancole

In any group RP is what you make it.
You put into it and you will get something out of it.
If you sit on the side lines expecting all to come to you and start up a conversation then you will have a lonely life in any group.

[/quote]

I know all about what you put in is what you get out. I dragged RP to Ironforge on the large scale. Problem was the lack of others to put in. RPing with one or two isn't great or worth the time on the whole.
Its more the contents of the RP that is going down hill on the Alliance. The Horde seem to show a more united front against the Alliance which seems to be as tied up as ever with evil cultists plotting to overthrow the kingdoms, racial hatred and law. After over two years of it it seems to be nothing new anymore.

Moggrash

Was there vampires in GS two years ago? Must have missed them :'( :'(
The Hat-Lord

Jancole

Quote from: Moggrash on March 25, 2008, 12:21:01 AM
Was there vampires in GS two years ago? Must have missed them :'( :'(

As yes the famous N00bshire RP talent was the 'pride' of the Alliance. It has got slightly better these days but the damage is done and many mainstream RPers ride round GS than go through it. Thanks to stolen Blood Elves Tech we plan to offer GS a Mana bomb is a present, then just sit back and watch.
RP like that much be avoided at all cost, hence the idea of re-rolling on DB rather than going to one of the less than pleasent RP PvP that make DB look good.

Claws

I can understand your dilemma (I think).
To re-roll and lose all that you have played for over the time you have been on the losing Alliance side. ::)
All that time and effort gone with a click of a button.
Alternatively, just change to another realm so you can still revisit you alliance account.
Only you can decide on that.
Bite the bullet and go for it if you are not happy.
(It is only a game so they keep telling me).

We are not just about War and more war as you say I and others have spent many, many night just sitting chewing the odd Dolfs leg and watching the world slip by.
These times have been some of the best times I have had here.
Normaly starts with just a few sitting around a fire and before long a large party has formed from all races and classes taking part.
Sure you still get the lammers who stand in the middle and dance about, but there are ways to deal with them from total ignore too giveing them more RP stick then they can handel.

However the grass is not always greener on the other side and if you do re-roll and regret it ohhhh. :-\ :'( :'(
All I can say is that I am happier here after I spent my first few months on Argent Dawn I do not regret the move away.
Goldshire exists on all the servers from what i read.
Perhaps they should nuke all of them on every server.

Good Luck to you and what ever you decided to do.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Drakash

Greetings fellow Dwarf!

I myself came from the Alliance last Autumn. I had a level 70 druid (Iliath Shadeleaf) who had been part of the first Alliance Watch, TAW with Maxus and The Twilight Guard, to name the biggest. I had been away some time in the Summer and when I came back to my druid I had 'fallen away from the circles'. RP was really concentrated to different elitistic groups (or so it seemed to me) and there wasn't much serious random roleplaying.
       So I bought another account (I wus rich) and sent all me moneys to my new orc. After playing on Defias from day 10 or so, I knew a little of the Horde as well, so the choice for a guild was an easy decision. Rerolling was one of the best things that has happened to me. Too bad the tauren druid's animal forms are ugly. ;<

I wish you luck in your own choice.
00:18:13 [Y] [Carlohater]: im not a moster.... IM AN ORC!