Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 08:20:27 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 247
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 222
Total: 222
222 Guests, 0 Users

Ten Years Strong

“Know this, sons and daughters of Redblade. Blood freely given is the seal of the oath that we make. When you spill your blood into the flames, you do not only pledge loyalty to our banner. You become one with the essence that is the Pack. You accept to live by our code and tenets. You accept to not only fight for the Horde, but to run and hunt with this new family. And finally, you accept to oppose any chains that might seek to bind you – be they dae’mon, human or otherwise – and to do so to the very end. Our ancestors watch over us, always, and they judge us for every step, every breath, we take in life. In the end of it all, know that our blood, too, is welcome.”

It has been a decade since it all began; since a young orc left the refuge of Orgrimmar’s orphanage to chase after the legacy of her name. Redblade. It was a name long forgotten – swallowed up in the greatness that was the Old Horde. Her very own father was the one responsible to sway the old clan to the Horde’s side and to let demons have their way with them.

But no longer. As sole survivor of the clan and its heritage, it was her charge to redeem the ancient name of Redblade. Rather than a symbol for the oppression and deceit of the Burning Legion, it became a symbol of unity and freedom. A place where orcs of all clans and descents could rally to the cause and could find a home where tradition would meet the present, so that their traditions, too, might be remembered and, when the time comes, be passed on for future generations. Every clan of old was worth remembering in its own way, and it was the newly-formed Red Blade that provided the haven to preserve them.

One decade. And still the banner stands high. He tried to remember when he first heard the words – that oath that each orc swears in order to live and die by the tenets that she, their Matriarch, had once decreed. She has long since passed the torch to him, who they chose to refer to as Chieftain in her stead, but still he remembers every word spoken. And now, here before him, two more orcs stood ready to swear that exact same oath, by those exact same words. The fires of the other camps nearby had already long been snuffed out, but a small group of stalwart orcs still remained by this one lively fire to welcome two new brothers to their pack.

“By these words, I swear to live by your code and laws. I swear to die fighting for the Horde and the legacy of the Red Blades. Until the day that death comes for me, I will be one with the pack.”

Many orcs have come and gone throughout these past years, to be forever remembered and counted as one of them. Now it would be the turn of these two to leave their mark as freshly branded Oathbound, and to prove that their words spoken tonight would be taken to heart until the ancestors welcome them into their embrace. Thick droplets of crimson blood flowed from their palms into the crackling fire, sealing their promise. With the sizzling approval of the flames, a cry in unison pierced the night’s darkness from the crowd of orcs gathered around them.

“For the Blood of the Tribe!”

((Story written by Kozgugore))

Orcs of the Red Blade celebrate our tenth anniversary on 8th October 2015. It's been one fel of a journey thus far -- from Durotar to Garadar, from the frigid wastes of Icecrown to the savage wilds of Tanaan, we have brought quality orc role-play to every corner of Azeroth. And hopefully, we have helped forge treasured memories for each and every person who has joined us along the way -- New Bloods and Red Guards; Chieftains and Matriarchs.

Did I say Matriarch? As part of the tenth anniversary celebrations, we've reached out and now welcome back our founder, Matriarch Akesha Redblade, after over five years away.

As part of our tenth anniversary celebrations, we have invited both current and former members to weigh in and discuss their memories and recollections of everything Orcs of the Red Blade -- from their favourite RP characters to fondly-remembered events and storylines. Here’s a selection of quotes from our feedback:

"Orcs of the Red Blade is more than just a guild in a video game. It's a safe-haven, a place in my mind that I can retreat to. It's not just been in World of Warcraft, it's made World of Warcraft. It certainly made Defias, and now, on Argent Dawn, the next ten years commence!”

Gashuk Soulfury, Member since 2010

“But the memories that'll last me the longest probably aren't the events, it's the friends I've made and the fun I've had. I've met a bunch of orcs in real life, and I've not regretted it yet.”

Therak Duskstalker, Member since 2010

“It's safe to say that this is the best guild I've been in since I started playing this game, and this guild has been the only thing keeping me playing over those three years.”

Trakmar Beastbane, Member since 2012

“The whole system the guild has from top to bottom... Recruitment, tutoring, hierarchy, events, plots, style, tradition, OOC harmony/unity, strong officer team and direction... are what give it a monumental edge. This guild is a well oiled, well built machine that knows what direction it wants to go in, how to get there and why.”

Krogon Devilstep, Member since 2008

“Orcs of the Red Blade is my home. Theres a reason i've come back to it so many times over the years. Its more than a community, its a family to me.”

Makaroth Felscream, Member since 2012

“You guys showed me the ropes, and helped me grow and develop my character, both IC and OOC. I learned how to play WoW and RP in it, through this guild.”

Grekthar Earthstorm, Member since 2011

"What probably makes my memory about the tribe special, is that in a way, it feels like I've grown up along with it. As I grew older, the tribe developed in its own way as well. And as a result, having all those responsibilities and experiences with other people developed me as a person as well.”

Kozgugore Feraleye, Member since 2005

“I don't even play WoW but I still stick around for some reason. But seriously tho: I liked roleplaying with ya lot.”

Regorn Thunderheart, OotRB Forum Obsessive, Member since 2010

“This guild is such a strong and bonded group of people, I would've never expected to find that in a video game. But I'm really, really happy that I've been such a part of it, and hope to be still for the next coming time.”

Rhonya Steelheart, Member since 2012

“I must confess, when I started this guild I had absolutely no idea what I was doing.”

Akesha Redblade, Founder, Member since 2005

You can find the full “Ten Years Strong: Memories” thread here.