Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 05:06:10 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 112
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 42
Total: 42
42 Guests, 0 Users

Ma'veth

Started by Azolg, March 21, 2016, 06:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azolg

Ma'veth
The Lost Planet

Where am I?
This doesn't make sense.
Im lost. Everything was going okay, right? I mean .. It was all fine. All good.
What did I do wrong?
Why is this happening?
Who did this to me?
How did I get here.
I want to go home.
I don't want to die out here.
Help.
Please.
Help.

It had been just over a week since he was pulled through the portal by some shadowy claw; or at least he thought it had been a week. Time didn't exist on this world it seemed, merely a system of madness that swirled endlessly around in the sky. A shifting, whirling mismatched shape of colours that never stopped merging into one amalgation of insanity. This was the Twisting Nether in it's true form, the area that connected worlds together via the astral plane. A mirage of nothingness that could be traversed via deadly magics and an enterprising smart mind. It didn't even seem possible that Makaroth was where he was standing now, and had he not crossed the Dark Portal himself during his time alive he might not have. But he knew that the Twisting Nether was a means to travel to different realms, and he knew that the planet he stood upon was real.

And the planet was something else entirely.

It might have been populated once, been a realm of a great and ancient civilisation. Except now it stood as vanquished world of the Burning Legion. The signs of destruction were everywhere. Ruined buildings stood nearby still fel-marked with green singes and even the mountains themselves had been marked by the Legion. Now however it was truly abandoned and a husk of what it might have once been. He had no idea if this planet even had a name, how far from Azeroth it was or if he was even able to survive out here. There was air for sure but it was thin and the first few days had made Makaroth feel light-headed. He'd found a pool of water that appeared somewhat fresh enough and had made that his "Base camp" for now at least. Food was scarce however; he'd found a few roots and hardy looking weeds but aside from a few strange looking creatures that were too fast to catch he'd not found any real sustainable food.

It was a dire situation for certain. He'd found no sign of sentient life yet, had no idea exactly where it is he was and not a single clue how to get back home. Obviously the Spirit-Link didn't work out here as there most likely weren't any spirits on this world. He didn't even know what magic did exist here, could he even use Fel once more to get back home? All these questions he had no answers to yet as the days went on he worried more and more what was going to happen to him.

I'm going to die out here.

The thought was terrifying inside his mind, but it rung so true. In truth he didn't have a single clue just how he was going to survive out here. The roots and weeds he'd been forcing down most likely didn't have the nutrients his body needed, he'd need some meat soon lest his body begins to fade away.

He'd explored somewhat, and had managed to fashion a wooden spear from some dried logs he'd found amid the rocky plains. But never more than an hour or two from his campsite. He knew he'd have to branch out soon enough to explore further, but he was entirely afraid of doing so; how much more of this rocky wasteland could he handle seeing before he lost his mind? Hell, he was on the verge of it already.

What did I do wrong?

It was then that he heard a sound, of a portal being opened. A scream in the distance and then silence. His eye picked out the flickering remains of portal energy. He growled, spear in hand and set out to find his way. Enough was enough.

Azolg

Ma'veth
Time turns slowly.

Munch, munch.

The flesh was delicious in his mouth after nearly two weeks scraping food together. The thigh muscles were thick, juicy and filling. For a moment, Makaroth didn't even care that he was eating a human; he was just glad to finally consume somthing that wasn't roots and weeds in this barren wasteland. Makaroth grunted casting his eyes across the purple barren wasteland as he enjoyed the rationed meat, while another portal nearby opened up for a few moments. His hands closed around the makeshift spear carefully, but there was little need as exactly ten seconds later the portal closed once more, leaving him to finish his meal in peace.

He'd figured out the cycle now of this planet. The portals appeared at a set interval that was in relation to the distant moons position and he'd worked it out the past day. This planets rotations were vastly different to Azeroth's and there was no sunrise nor sunset; just the distant glow of this distant moon. But as the planet spun slowly, the portals shifted along in their apperences yet always a distance of twenty paces to the next one. They'd appear every three hours and a half hours, give or take a few minutes. Most of the time they'd simply open for ten seconds then close. It appeared they were a byproduct of the vast and chaotic nature of the twisting nether; or perhaps even just an after affect of the Legion burning this world. Regardless Makaroth had settled into a routine these last few days. He was sleeping no more than four hours at a time, so he awoke thirty minutes before the next portal. This way, he'd never miss a portal and might eventually find a way home.

His eyes gaze back to the human meat he was dragging around. It was a shame what he'd had to do to the human; but the male had not given him any choice.

Makaroth climbed across the rise, spear in hand. As the portal fizzed out of existance what his gaze met was a human solider garbed in stormwind armour. Makaroth gasped in joy, finally another living being had been dumped here .. Perhaps together they could make it ou;-

"ORC SCUM!"

The dagger whistled past Makaroths head, slicing his cheek open in a gritty gruesome way. He fell back off the rock, tumbling down the hill. Grunting in a disorientated manner he managed to spot the human charging down the hill to him. There was a crazed look in his eyes and a fel-green cut on his cheek; extending into veins that crawled across his face. The human was a lost cause, corrupted and maligned by Fel that had touched his brain.

The human leapt, his sword raised high to bring down in a crashing arc. Yet luckily for Makaroth the spear was still in his hands, which he raised high in the sky now. The human unable to stop his leap was impaled on it brutally. Death was swift and instant, a terrified look in the humans lost eyes...

Makaroth growled throatily, shaking his head at the memory. He'd made his choice to use the human as food with much difficulty. Eating the flesh raw wasn't the issue but it upset him somewhat as he ate it; it simply felt unnatural to him in every sense. He'd buried the humans head before carving up and using the satchel and bags on the human to carry what meat he could. It hadn't been the slightest bit fun.

His eyes wandered around now; studying the barren wasteland once more. He'd heard voices as he settled down to sleep, a whisper in his mind that was barely audible. He knew he was being watched, something had dumped him here afterall and it wasn't for any reason. Perhaps the human had been a test to fight; perhaps they were both being pitched against each other. Makaroth couldn't be entirely sure but he knew that eventually he'd find out.

Unless I find a way home first.

Home. He'd never missed it as much as this; feeling trapped on the other side of the universe. Endless thoughts of his Tribe circled around his head as the faces of those he'd lost once more entered his mind. Vanara's face floated into his mind; the last words he'd spoke to her had certainly be ones said in fear. It was in that moment that he'd realised he did love her truly, despite his concerns he loved her more than anything. Which is what made the Vraxxar business hurt twice as much.

I'll apologise when I get back .. But she is his, there is nothing I can do.

Chewing on some gristle his mind wandered to Rhonya's face now. A grunt escaped his lips as he looked down at the burns on his hands courtersy of his Sister. He'd made a promise to never disappear on her; a promise he'd now broken it seemed. Grunting he rested his forearms on his knees frowning at the floor. Rhonya wouldn't ever forgive herself for not being there, even if she wasn't able to do anything.

Kogra. His blind Sister also will accept his fate begrudgingly. In all honesty he couldn't think of any reason why the Orcs would even -try- to find him. There were no warlocks within the Tribe around, and while the Hand were allied; Belthran had no reason to even help find Makaroth. He knew the Forsaken but it was evident Belthran only ever saw Makaroth as a tool or an asset.

Another grunt escaped his lips. Soon, he'd have to risk one of these portals; lest he lose himself to madness.

Eyes In The Shadows

...Somewhere in the Twisting Nether...

A pair of eyes settled onto the world known as Ma'veth; the conquered planet of the Legion. A soft smile curled to the demon's lips, yet its entire shape nor "Species" couldn't be identified in the madness of the Twisting Nether. The eyes seemed to study Makaroth with curiosity and guile; a tricksters visage of old.

"You'll turn soon; Fel-marked One. We have watched you for many years now." The voice spoke, mainly to itself. Raspy and gutteral yet dripping in intelligence.

The eyes narrowed in to observe the Orc closer as he munched the meat in his hands. In truth the human had been sent to test the Orc; a fel-maddened foe. Had he perished the next experiment will have come along to face the Trials of Ma'veth. Yet Makaroth had passed with guile and wit; the next test wouldn't be so easy.

"You will be my grand commander; the champion of my forces. A bastion of strength, feroicty and intelligence. The bane of a thousand worlds, the crusher of millions of lives. Makaroth the Bloodthirsty or some other fitting name. Planets will burn beneath your rage and absolution; once you are ready." The voice seemed to monologue, as if talking to Makaroth.

The voice laughed, echoing across the Twisting Nether endlessly.

Azolg

Homecoming
Not always what it seems

It had been swift and brutal, Makaroth hadn't even realised the demon was there until the clawed fingers were clasped around his head. A cry escaped his lips before more hands grabbed his whole body, restraining him and not allowing him to move an inch. His whole body riged he was barely able to hear the callous laughing in his ear as a vial was pushed to his lips. Spluttering as the hot foul-tasting liquid hit his tastebuds he instantly knew what this was; Demon-blood. He spat as much of it out which swiftly resulted in a cruel punch to the gut, causing him to wheeze in pain. Once more the vial was pressed to his lips and the liquid poured into his gullet. Strong fingers pinched his nose shut and a hand clamped down on his mouth. His reflex was to wriggle and strain madly but he simply couldn't shake the overpowering strength that was restraining his body. After a few moments, his body involuntarily swallowed as an instinct; the blood burning his throat.

At that moment the hands that restrained him released him in an instant. He lurched forwards onto all fours and cried out loudly, a cry of pure agony and torment. He could feel his body seething, his skin crawling and his figure mutating as the demonblood quickly set to work. A red haze desceneded over his vision and there was only one emotion he could feel; pure unadulterated rage. The rage of a thousand gods pissed at their followers. The rage of a million scorned women, eager to flay the flesh from their husbands. The rage of a billion burning children, screaming as the legion tore them asunder. Such rage he could not hold in; he leaped at the nearest being.

It was a Felguard, hulking and imposing, yet to Makaroth it was nothing more than a wailing whelp now. His freshly mutated hands now sporting dark grey claws instead of fingernailes tore into the felguards neck. He clawed away, ripping chunks of flesh out even as it fell beneath the onslaught of attack. There was a newfound power surging through his body, a physical strength he'd never felt in his life. He tossed the carcass of the Felguard aside; bellowing loudly at the other inhabitants nearby. Several more demons cowered in fear at the display, and it was only then did Makaroth study the changes on his body.

His skin had turned a dark shade of crimson; the result of a second dosage of demonblood. He'd seen this before in Hellfire peninuslar, though his skin was not as bright as theirs. His body was rippled with muscles that made Mozrogg look like a cub now; veins popping against his skin. His hands now sported long elongated claws instead of fingernauks, dark grey in colour. Spikes had erupted along his upper arms and his shoulders grey and thick and his left lower arm had mutated into far beyond what an arm should look like. It seemed to have rippled and become a hardened carapace, with it's own spikes protruding from it all the way up to his elbow. Finally, to top off his already terrifying visage, his eye glowed even brighter red - and in his missing eye now resided a ball of fel-green; a replacement eye.

His eyes now fixated on a shadowy figure before him. He couldn't make out the shape of the demon, but when it spoke he knew it was one of serious power.

"You will be my leader. You will tear your Tribe asunder. You will butcher them all."

Makaroth growled throatily and lunged towards the demon. As he did the shadow faded from view to form into a giant shadowy hand. Latching around him once more, Makaroth was flung into a portal - Back to the Nether.