Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 07:05:34 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 247
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 199
Total: 199
199 Guests, 0 Users

Application: Othzog

Started by Othzog, April 22, 2015, 11:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Othzog

Name: Othzog
Class: Monk
Level: 93 (I was level 1 a week ago, so should be 100 soon)

Tell us something about your (role)playing experience:
I've played WoW on and off since it's release, but I tried roleplaying for the first time in Cataclysm. I was a tauren hunter named Bayru, with a golden lion named Sunpaw. I played quite a bit with Rites of the Earth Mother, a tauren guild back then. I actually joined in one some of your events, like one of the Kosh'arg. I stopped playing again during Cata due to RL-reasons but decided to come back during Warlords (I missed MoP, it seemed nice, done a few of the zones though).

When I got back I noticed a lot of the guilds back then was gone and I was tired of looking at a cows rear. I race changed into a troll, but realized troll RP wasn't for me, and then changed into an undead. That undead just joined a newly formed forsaken/blood elf-guild but I realized that I have always been interested in your guild. You seem active and friendly, from all my encounters. I was also keen on trying a new class (too cheap to race change again) and an orc it was!

It seems really enjoyable with a longer storyline like you guys seem to have. That's nothing I have experienced before. I do think I am a pretty good roleplayer though. I like to read the lore, and I tend to remember stuff too. I just started reading Rise of the Horde. I am however, a tiny bit frightened I might end up having a backstory that doesn't work and so on, but I am very good at taking critisiscm!

Born into conflict. Imprisoned. Leaderless. Set free.

- Focus.
The pandaren monk whispered. Othzog was immediately brought back to the present. He was standing on one leg. Perched on top of a log protruding from the mirror of water beneath him. It was a beautiful day in the Jade Forest. Butterflies were flapping around him. His green orc skin was gleaming with sweat. The monk watched him intently.
- Are you still in the now, Othzog?.
- Yes,
responded the orc, with a hint of irritation in his voice. He had been intrigued by the monks since the Horde first had encountered them. Fighting as a grunt in Garrosh's army. How could they be so powerful, wielding nothing but their fists?

Of course, he didn't know the patience and will required to learn their art. He had jumped at the chance to learn from them. As a fighter, and a curious one at that, he wanted to know every trick there was in defeating his opponent. When the pandaren offered the Horde to learn their skills, he was among the first to volunteer.

A round hat, like the one monks favored, was upon his head. Shielding his face from the sun. It was noon. He had been up on the log for many hours now. He had begun his training at dawn. His master was looking up at him. Othzog detected something in his eyes. Was it amusement? The pandaren had picked up a straw to chew on when he said:
- Balance, Othzog.

Rage. Fear. Hate.

Othzog was running across the plains of Nagrand. Something was amiss, but his mind was focused, calm. Zen, his master had once called it. His monk training had lasted for over two years now. He had learned the "tricks" he had once been so eager to know. What he did not anticipate was that the training had brought with it something else. Something he had wanted for all of his life, without realizing it. Born during the first war, he had only known conflict growing up. He had been a child when the orcs were imprisoned by the Alliance. He had carried a rage within in. A hatred for his captors. Too young to drink the demon blood on Draenor, he still had some fight left within.

This rage however, was not without end. He fought fiercly in the wars to come, under both Thrall and Garrosh. Always relishing in the fury that battles brought to him. But even he could get sated. Garrosh's "tactics" had sparked something within him. He had honour. When he set out to learn the ways of the monk, it was still out of a will to fight better. It did, however, lead to something more. Something that helped him fight with his mind intact, and his honour upheld.

Breath. Body. Mind.

He barely remembered his parents. They came from a clan that meant nothing to him. Was it Bleeding Hollow? It did not matter now. He was watching intently as the orcs drew closer. Orcs. His kin, but also not. This was not "his" Draenor, where his parents came from. And this was not the Horde, this one was Iron. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. He felt the calm enter his mind, his body. Relaxed, but awake. Slowly opening his eyes, he put one leg behind him, lightly adjusting his balance. He felt the serenity of the stance of the spirited crane. He would no longer just fight, he would aid his brothers and sisters in battle. Oh, how far he had come from the orc that only sought to improve his fighting. He smiled, chewing on a straw of grass.
For the Horde.

Sadok

Howdy Othzog, and thanks for applying! Gave your application a read, and it's really quite good! Don't worry about your backstory, I quite like it -- it's refreshing to see someone take the monk class lore so heavily, and I'm sure it'll offer a different change of pace amongst some of our more chaotic, bloodthirsty orcs! Everything seems fine in regards to timelines and lore details, so I can't really pick out anything for criticism.

So consider this application approved! What next? Simply poke an officer in-game to arrange your in-character interview, so we can give Othzog an opportunity to seek out the Red Blades and introduce himself! Some of our non-officer senior members may also be able to give you an interview if they're willing.

Please find our list of officers and senior members here: http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/index.php?topic=2440

Best of luck and... for the Blood of the Tribe~!

Othzog

Cool, thank you! I will be on tonight, so I'll try and grav someone then.

Therak

Forgot to post last night
But interviewed and accepted by myself! Proud hat-orcs unite!
Think, assess, act.