Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 09:20:25 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 247
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 190
Total: 190
190 Guests, 0 Users

Application: Grimtak

Started by Jamdacla, August 17, 2015, 07:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamdacla

Name: Grimtak
Class: Shaman
Level: 90

Hello! My name is James. I've been roleplaying since the Burning Crusade and have primarily stuck to the Alliance. I've always found that I'm far too picky to choose a single guild, and the time I do invest in any guild ends up short-lived, either due to the group collapsing or the roleplay being butchered by silliness or immaturity. I consider myself to be a reasonable player, and I focus on creating roleplay that is exciting, authentic and real, whilst still maintaining a sense of maturity, realism and accuracy.

The Canyon Crawler

The leathery press of earth-bitten feet find dry soil, trudging through like the lumbering steps of a drunken Kodo. Grimtak, the sunderer of Durotar, finds himself trapped. The sun bites down like a hawk upon a mouse, relentless in its scorch and skin-singing pursuit. His eyes find the glare, squinting defiantly toward the blinding glow, as if begging for an hour of rest or mercy. There is none. He presses on, surrounded by what feel like interlocked mountains; these canyons are like mazes. The only life is the monotonous dancing of dust and the rough trail of snakes on their mid-day hunt. Grimtak kneels, dropping into an ever-fading blanket of shade. He sniffs the soil, grounding himself. The earth around his olive-stained husk begins to tremble into Orc-sized walls, creating a makeshift hut of jagged rock and soil.

The situation is bleak, and the canyon would wet its lips before claiming another life within its ravenous maw, if not for a guttural voice husking from above and breaking the desolate silence, the yell is far too high to even be seen by Grimtak's sun-scorched eyes. "You fight it. Why must you fight it? Feel it. Flow with it. You batter your head against it like an infant with a building block. THINK. I'm tired of watching you grovel. Climb up." The bellow of a disappointed tutor horns from the canyon's edge, Surlgog, Grimtak's surly teacher. Grimtak answers in silent beckoning, hanging his head in miserable defeat. Surlgog responds, with no more pity and remorse than the canyon below "I won't be here for long, and I'll be damned if I depart with a failure of a son. You'll survive the trial; I know it." A moment of encouragement that is outlived by an act of duty, the splashing of an ice cold bucket upon the weather-bitten nape of Grimtak. Sleep, practice and an evening of grovelling lies ahead; the sorry life of a shaman in training.

- So that was a little story of a young Grimtak in training. My character derives from the Frostwolf Clan, growing and training in shamanistic spiritualism since an early age. As far as significant events, he has stayed clear from most conflict throughout the timeline. I've often played him as a wayfaring Orc with a yearning for knowledge and peace with the elements, a quest that is stricken upon himself for the sake of honor and pride. His lore is pretty dry, but I am confident that this will flesh out once I gain more experience with the faction. Grimtak, all-in-all, is a middle-aged Orc that has left clan life for a lonesome life of isolated training. The spirits in which he communicates with how painted the tales of a fiery life with a bloodthirsty clan of honor and thundering marches. This, of course, leads him (and me!) to this forum.

Thank you for reading, and I hope my earth-born elementalist would find company within the Clan!

Rhonya

Hello Grimtak!

Well, I don't have much more to say! We spoke ingame, and I already told you this is a very good application :D You know what to think about still a bit.

The next step is the IC interview, a little talk with one of our officers or a senior member. Their names are on this page: http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/index.php?topic=2440.0
Whenever you feel up for doing the interview and one of the officers or senior members is online, you can ask them if they're available at that moment. Due to your lower level it's most likely we'll move the interview a little bit to someplace else and pretend it's Tanaan, or if possible (hope for a warlock to be online!) , summon you to camp.

Hope to see you soon ingame!
~Rhonya
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Trakmar

Interviewed and accepted by me. Welcome to the tribe, good lad!
"We do not kill - We Hunt
We do not enslave - We tame
There is no good and evil - Only instinct"