Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 11:28:26 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 228
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 181
Total: 181
181 Guests, 0 Users

Application: Thralag

Started by Thralag, August 15, 2014, 12:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thralag

Name: Thralag

Class: Shaman

Level: 90

Tell us something about your (role)playing experience: I have been roleplaying on Defias brotherhood for the best part of a year. I have been in such guilds as Natures Grasp, Hand of damnation, and at the moment my Main (Rumil) is in dominion. My alliance is still in Natures Grasp but since Dominion moved to Alliance and back again i feel Rumil is out of options rp wise so im looking for a fresh start. I have never rp'd an orc before but i have been around you guys and have seen how close your guild is. I spoke to Rargnasha and explained that i am willing to learn how to rp an Orc correctly rather than go around and pretend to know what im doing. Any high ranking Shamans in the guild beware i WILL ask for advice from time to time :p.

And finally, please write a short story and/or IC introduction about your character:

Thralag was born and raised in the cold harsh conditions of Alterac valley. He respected and in turn learnt about the elements from other members and elders of the clan. Thralag spent most nights growing up sitting next to a campfire learning about the past leaders of the frostwolf clan from his father. Thralag's father was a skilled shaman and was willing to teach his son all that he could to Thralag when he comes of age.

Years went by and slowly but surely Thralag was being tought the ways of his ancestors from his father. Still only young he would often make mistakes and began to doubt himself but his father would always be there to pick him up and carry him through his issues. There were many elders in the clan who too were skilled shamans and they began to take note of Thralags dedication to learn more and more each day.

Something happened in Thralags life that he did not expect so soon. His father who had be out wandering the near by woods had been killled by a group of Dwarven scouts. When news reached the clan it was up to Thralags mother to break the news to him, he was heartbroken to say the least. His father and best friend taken from him by Dwarves, but Thralag reacted differently to most with the news of his fathers death, rather than crying of even filling with rage he just went silent, as silent as the grave, as if all his spirit had just been taken from him. He remained silent for many days not uttering a word just lighting and then sitting next to the campfire where him and has father sat for all those nights.

The day of his fathers funeral was upon him and Thralag had still not uttered a word to anyone, just the occassional nod here and there. Watching his fathers body burning in the flames, staring intently as he made something out amoungst the smoke. He was having a vision, but not just like any other vision, this one was extremely clear almost life like. In the smoke he saw a group of wandering Orcs, vast in numbers, they were from all clans and seemed to be united under one banner. The vision changed and he saw the same orcs standing uppon a battlefield surrounded by bodies of Humans, Dwarves and Kaldorei. The last thing Thralag saw was his father's face in the smoke smiling at him as if it was a sign from the heavens.

With that Thralag smiled and then turned to his mother and spoke for the first time in days. He told her to follow him in to a near by tent to talk. He explained to her what he had seen and he truely believed that this was his calling, to find this wandering group of Orcs and aid them in any way he could. His mother who knew she would miss him dearly sighed...but held back her sadness and agreed this was his calling.

The day after his farther's crimation, Thralag spoke to the elders of the clan and explained to them what he had seen and was told to go seek this group and continue to practise and one day perfect all the skills his father had once tought him. That evening he set off under the cover of darkness with only a few belongings and his wolf he set off heading north into Forsaken land which he was not to pleased about, but had no option if he was to find this group of Orcs. He needed safe passage to Orgrimmar and the Forsaken has this with an airship just north of their beloved Undercity.

Thralag arrived in a place called Brill, after days on the road. Once there he sold his wolf to a local mount trader for gold that he would need for his journey. He boarded the airship and set of for Orgrimmar with no clue how he would find these Orcs and where to even begin looking. The airship was a long journey but in the end he arrived in the Horde capital. The city was extremely crowded and noisey, Thralag, rather then heading down into the city spoke to a few members of the crew while they were unloading goods and asked where was a good place to gain information regarding these Orcs. One member looked Thralag up and down before giving him the name of a cavern that is used by trades while in the city, this would be Thralags only hope of finding the where abouts of these Orcs.

He arrived in the tavern and began to speak to the owner, explaining who he was looking for and even offered gold for information but he knew nothing. Time and time again the answers were negative and he began to give up untill a Tauren walked slowly towards the bar and explained to Thralag that a group of Orcs had been spotted in Muglore two days ago and that he should hurry to catch them before he moved on.

This was the news he had been hoping for, with a decent lead and a belly full of ale he set off in search of this group of Orcs and hopefully within finding them he would also find a new home.

Sadok

Hello there, Thralag! Gave your application the ole read-through, and I have to say that it's really quite nice! Despite not having RPed an orc before, you've clearly done your homework and I can see no issues whatsoever wth the timeline or lore. I find the story itself quite touching -- apparently daddy isses are quite prevalent amongst the orcs, judging from the Hellscreams!  ;D

Consider this application approved! Just poke an officer in-game to grab yourself an in-character interview, so Thralag can introduce himself to the tribe!

Sadok

Interviewed and accepted by myself! For the Blood of the Tribe!