Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:58:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 110
Total: 110
110 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Gelek - Application  (Read 1950 times)

Gelek

• Red Blade
  • Cub
    • View Profile
Gelek - Application
« on: July 02, 2019, 01:58:23 AM »
Name: Gelek

Level: 6 (I'll level up at a pace of actual discovery, reading quests, etc.

Tell us something about your (role)playing experience:

RP-ed quite a bit from vanilla to Wrath of the Lich King after which I left WoW. Returned last week so while I am currently rusty I was an experienced DMer/RP-er

And finally, please write a short story and/or (IC) introduction about your character:

“Do you even remember what it means to be an Orc?” Where I a fool, I’d mistake her voice for concern. Her tongue after all mastered the strings of mortal hearts but her nature has not escaped my notice, not now, nor will it ever.

“I do.” A lie and yet I realize her attempt to sway me still. It will not happen for I have decided to master a new road. It’ll be arduous, difficult and-

“Do you, do you truly?” My thoughts and her words unmake the cave I claimed as dominion. Through memory, my spirit wanders and I witness – I witness myself, as I was; feeble of mind and worst of all… a coward.

“Coward!” Eight winters at the time, I was. Not the first beating father gave but it was the last. In the corner, I laid, whimpering and begging in pain and regret. With the wisdom of the present, I realize that the suffering of father far exceeded mine. “Gelek the lazy!” His foamed-mouth drools in fury and his hands answer in kind, battering my back with reserved strength. “Gelek without honor. A son of mine you are not!”

I dimly recall consciousness as father restrained himself just about ready to break my back. “Always looking for the easy way ahead. I gave my word to the chief that you’ll change – that you’ll be like others. That you’ll work, and fight, and-“His eyes seethed with rage and disappointment. “No more pup. I cast you aside and I leave your fate in the hands of the chieftain.”

Even youth could not excuse my deed. I profaned a duel of honor in my favor by poisoning my opponent in the eve prior. I was destined to die upon that day in answer for my crime and yet fate interfered.

“Honor and tradition.” Stripped bare of both, his voice startled me awake. “A cloak of weak-minded fools.” He spits on the soil in hate. “Chains rather. Chains collared across the neck of our people, keeping us weak.”

“W-who are… you?”

“Who I am is not nearly as important as whom I can be for you. A guide, a friend, a father. My eyes were fixed upon you for many moons and saw not weakness but cunning. I see fate chose you for greatness.” Oblivious was I to the chains of his own making, fastening across my spirit and damning me for many years yet to come.

“I don’t-“

“Be quiet now little one.” With tender touch, the dark-robed man helped me standing. “I, a Warlock take claim of you. The Dragonmaw Clan will in time weep for their loss. Come now, destiny awaits our hand across her throat.”

Power come with ease, as did addiction, as did abuse, punishment, and sorcery of the mind. I shudder at the beast I grew up to be and so I end the trance and return to the present.

“No more.” I whisper to myself in comfort as I finish the preparations for my departure. Empty eyes devoid of spirit observe me in silence and once all lies in place I realize my limbs are trembling. I am thirsty and yet no water will quench it. I did not escape him in time and his influence lingers still. I wish I could stop but-

“You’re mad.” Voice of empathy peels back and unveils hatred. “You’ll doom yourself to certain death.” I turn on my heels and force my will upon the succubus, bringing her kneeling before me.

“I die every day alone out here. No more will I stand hidden in isolation. It is time I return to my people-“

“And turn your back on your power? End up as a hound groveling at the feet of your primitive species?” In answer to her words, I squeeze the open wound of her wrist and hold a cup of clay underneath. I despise my weakness and loathe every drop of it but I can't do otherwise. I squeeze tighter until the cup is filled to the brim with the verdant fluid known as Fel Blood.

“Found a clan – a clan of honor. They’re called the Red Blade.” I step outside the pentagram binding the creature and drink greedily until my muscles relax. Once more, my body answers my command and I relish the fleeting pleasure until-

“Look at you!” She shrieks in a voice of a mortal no longer. “Do you think they’ll accept a broken creature such as you? A creature that cannot survive the passage of two moons before it needs our blood in its veins. How many lives did you devour to sustain yourself Gelek? How many deals with my kind did you make? You’re already damned and nothing will change-“

“And for all that I did…” I cut her off, words now spoken to myself not her – not it. “What do I have to show for it?” A word of power escapes my lips and the demon, howling and raging is forced back within the Nether. I know that somewhere out there my soul has a place but I refuse to yield to that fate just yet.

I intend to build a destiny of my own design. How this destiny will look like I cannot even begin to envision yet it’ll be mine, and those that will believe in me. What if they don’t - what if it was ri – No more doubt; I cast it aside and utter in conviction.

“They will.” Another lie but I choose to believe it.

Vraxxar

• Elder
  • Proven
    • View Profile
Re: Gelek - Application
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 02:25:20 PM »
Hello there!
I've read it all through and it's all pretty good!
So feel free to poke any of us officers in-game for an invite!