Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:30:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 94
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20
20 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: The Neglected Child  (Read 2797 times)

Razaron

• Elder
  • Prowler
    • View Profile
The Neglected Child
« on: March 19, 2018, 11:55:31 AM »

The Neglected Child

It would be ten years before the orcs ventured through the Dark Portal when Razaron was born in the savage jungle of Tanaan. Razaron had always been a frail child, this was partly due to malnutrition as his mother died delivering him early into this primitive world. Gorgush was an elder in the Bleeding Hollow clan, he was also Razaron’s father. He blamed Razaron for the death of his mate, he cursed the day he was born and gave him up for another family to raise. This family saw Razaron as nothing more then a outcast and neglected him to the point that it had affect on Razaron’s physical and mental state.

Razaron non the less survived and was now a very reclusive child and more barbaric then the other cubs his age, that was saying something for a Bleeding Hollow Orc. Time had passed and it was only when a fleeting look from a five year old over burning fire that Gorgush took an curiosity in his son. Gorgush seeing him grow of age had softened the hatred he once had for his cub and started to take more of an interest in him, eventually he took back his responsibilities as a father and held young Razaron under his wing. Gorgush would now teach him the ways of the Bleeding Hollow clan, but this was no kind act, Gorgush was rough with Razaron, he still held his cub to account for the death of his mate. He was a stubborn old orc who had seen battles with the arrakoa, the arrakoa were a humanoid bird race that nearly wiped out the whole of the Bleeding Hollow clan. That was was in till Kilrogg Deadeye became chieftain, they fought back under the leadership of their new chieftain and once again prospered in harsh Tanaan Jungle.

Gorgush took his only child out of the Bleeding Hollow village of Heartblood as they carefully ventured inside the unforgiving jungle, Razaron perked up, “Where are we going father?” Gorgush grunted, “I will be performing a ritual today, a ritual of significant importance to our clan.” Razaron looked bemused, he did not understand and he certainly didn’t expect what was too come. They had been walking for hours and finally they had arrived at the Bleeding Hollow hunting grounds, as they hazarded deeper through the unending jungle a strange mist began to appear. Razaron also noted many Bleeding Hollow monuments, mostly they were sticks with skulls that were twined together with fiber to hold them upright. Suddenly Gorgush spoke, “We are here.” Razaron had felt like it had be an eternity in silence, Gorgush pointed in to the distance, some torches were clustered in a circle. “Where are we father?” Razaron asked. “We are at the Bleeding Hollow Cave, we will venture down and it will be there where I perform the ritual cub, now follow me and less questions!” Gorgush retorted.

The cave was a gaping hole in the ground with a spiral path descending downwardly, Razaron followed Gorgush as he was lighting torches that had be allocated on the walls. Faint whispers in the air could be heard, this had shocked Razaron so much that he grabbed on to his father’s leather harness from behind. Gorgush proceeded to shove Razaron to the floor, “Get off me!” Gorgush grunted. “These be your ancestors, they mean you no harm!” Razaron using the wall slowly got to his feet, then he came face to face with an orcish skull that was merged within the wall. Razaron jumped out of his skin and rushed as close to his father without physically touching him, obviously worried of another backlash if he did. The skulls on wall had increased, bones were adorn to the ceiling of the cave as they entered a wide circular room, on the floor lay a strange symbol with dried old blood splattered all around. “This is where I shall perform the most sacred ritual a Bleeding Hollow orc can do, it will show me glimpses into the future and even my own death. One day when you are ready you will perform this very same ritual and so will your son and so on.” Razaron gulped at the thought of what was to come. Gorgush knelt down in the center of the room and adorned a sharp knife in the air, he thanked the spirits and his ancestors and drove the knife in to his face. The screams echoed around the cave as blood poured from Gorgush’s face, Razaron watched on horrified, today he found out what it meant to be a Bleeding Hollow orc.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 11:31:44 AM by Razaron »

Barbaryk

• Red Blade
  • Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Born
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 12:11:18 PM »
Excellent!!!!!!!

Wornag (Kronnor)

• Red Blade
  • Alpha
  • Wornag (Kronnor)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 12:47:09 PM »
Awesome story.

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 01:33:06 PM »
Awesome stuff! Really great to see some insights in an orc's past. Even more so if it means introducing some new, intriguing memories and customs. Would gladly see more of this. :D
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 07:21:45 PM »
Brilliant!

I look forward to more, in all it's hopefully gruesome, savage glory  :P
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Razaron

• Elder
  • Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 08:16:58 PM »
Thankyou for all the kind comments, I'm really not that great at creative writing and it takes me hours to just produce this amount of words. All the positive feedback gives me the motivation to carry on and do more.. :)