Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:04:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 31
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 111
Total: 111
111 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: We Return!  (Read 5165 times)

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
We Return!
« on: November 10, 2017, 05:09:51 PM »
Welcome back!

Thanks to the aid and input of Drevan, Kargnar, Trakmar, Kogra, Noshmarak and Groshnok, we can now officially say that Orcs of the Red Blade as a guild is coming back, and we intend to do so better than ever!

As you might have seen on the website, there's a bunch of changes that the guild has been subjected to. The result of several weeks of discussions and restless nights! If you have any questions in particular regarding any of these changes or the guild's new concept, feel free to take a look at our updated Frequently Asked Questions. Alternatively, or if you can't find the answer there, feel free to ask your questions - or simply to exclaim your excitement (or hatred) - in this topic! The full length of all the information you need to know about our upcoming campaign will follow in this post, but additional information can also be found on the Argent Dawn forums' thread.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: We Return!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 05:10:07 PM »
A Return To Greatness Awaits!

It's been a little while in the making, but here it is! Orcs of the Red Blade is back!

A great, special thanks goes to Drevan (also known as Azuril also known as Sakareth) for his immense help in bringing the website and that which was once thought lost back up and running! What you see in front of you would not have been possible without him!

Eight months ago, we announced the guild's official hiatus due to various circumstances that made an intermission of activities the most prudent course of action. But, after a decent spell of recharging our creative energies, exploring our options and simply kicking back with some Tol Barad Coconut Rum in the Stranglethorn sun, we decided to come back out of retirement and continue our adventures once more! There is, however, a tiny snag...

We need YOUR help to do it!

The Campaign
In order to set the stage for our return, we've prepared an intricate campaign that will welcome back both the new and the old. This campaign will begin an entirely new chapter for the guild. We're turning a completely blank page! A 'soft reboot,' as it were, in order to reinvent the guild in an updated style that will allow for even more Lok'tar to your Ogar in future guild RP! And the best thing about it? You don't need to have any prior knowledge or relation to the guild in order to participate!
  • Are you a (former) Red Blade player and want to make a return? That's great!
  • Are you new to the Red Blade but would love to take part in the introductory campaign and possibly become a future member? That's even better!
Due to the nature of the campaign, however, it's required that anyone who wishes to participate in the campaign signs up in advance. This can be done either in this very thread, on the guild's website or by contacting me personally. When doing so, please specify - in short - what kind of orc your character is. Will he or she be your typical warrior? More of a spiritualist? Or perhaps not special or ambitious at all? Regardless of the nature of your orc, we'll be able to find a place for him or her in our campaign, as there will be several different ways to join while still ensuring the story remains personal to your orc!

The starting date of our campaign - and so its first event - will be on Sunday the 26th of November. After that, there will be three events per week. Which exact days those events will be on, will depend entirely on the results of a poll we would like all of our participants to fill in - the link for which you will receive after you signed up. This way, we wish to ensure that as many people as possible will be able to attend all of the crucial events without having to miss out on all the good stuff.

The goal of the campaign will not only be to serve as an introduction to the new iteration of the Red Blade, however. It will also serve to allow you to gradually shape your future role in the guild accordingly - even to the point that potential leaders may have a chance to stand up! Throughout the campaign, themes and elements that will represent the guild in its envisioned shape and form will be introduced to give just a taste of what people can expect as future members. And in the process, you'll be making friends and kickstarting your orc into a position of his or her ambition along the way!

Can't make it to the 26th? We got you covered there as well, amigo! There will be several ways and dates to enter our campaign. So even if the short IC introduction down below doesn't appeal to you, we can still find you an alternate entry into the campaign! Do note that you might miss out on one or two initial events if you do, but it will all be fit perfectly into the story!

For any further questions, feel free to take a look on our website which has a plethora of information to offer as well as a FAQ, or contact me on Battle.net on Lemonpie39#2659.

So, are you looking for a brand new experience to dip you orc in? Wait no longer, for this is the perfect opportunity to get involved! We hope to see you sharing the roads to glory with us!

The In Character Part
The following will be the 'standard' means by which to join our campaign. Are you not able to make it to the 26nd or would you prefer to join via an alternate mean that might suit your character better such as a spiritual route or as a grunt? Don't hesitate to contact yours truly!

A letter is snuck into your hand by a cloaked figure that is brawny enough to be an orc without any shadow of a doubt. Before you have a chance to turn and grasp or even look at him, however, he is already gone. Its contents are written in hand, accompanied by a hastily scraweled map that points to a desolate location in the Stonetalon Mountains.

Friend,

I write to you in haste, for time is of the essence and eyes are everywhere. Even now, agents of the enemy threaten to silence me. I do not know their intent, nor do I know how it is that they have burrowed themselves so deeply into our society. They live among us; share our roofs and eat our food. Even in Orgrimmar, none are safe from their clutches. What I do know with certainty, is that you are in danger. You may have no cause to trust me or see reason in my words, but see reason in this: the spirits themselves cry out for blood.

I have enclosed a map that shall lead you to a desolate camp in the Stonetalon Mountains. Meet me there on the 26th day of the 11th month. I promise you answers and refuge there. In the meantime, see to your blood kin should you have any. They too may be exposed.

Trust no one.

Signed,
Kozgugore Feraleye

Rashka

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 05:26:47 PM »
You already know, I'll be there! For the Blood of the Tribe!
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar

Wornag (Kronnor)

• Red Blade
  • Alpha
  • Wornag (Kronnor)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 06:57:19 PM »
FOR THE BLOOD OF THE TRIBE!

Vezara

• Path of Wisdom
  • Proven
  • Frostwolf pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 09:39:59 PM »
Woo! Go us!  ;D
Vezara Wolfheart - Shaman of the Frostwolf Clan.

Rhonya

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Blood-Former Thur'ruk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 10:00:53 PM »
Clan, Kronnor, clan. Get it right!
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Claws

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
  • Trust your Blade it cannot stab you in the back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 11:21:11 PM »
Never went anywhere to much work to do keeping the Legion at bay and flying the colours of the Blades.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Grekthar

• Path of Wisdom
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 02:01:01 AM »
Ready to rock and roll. I may be somewhat slow to respond admittedly on the day since Sunday's I start dawn shift at work now >.>

I feel like I'm the only sane one in this Tribe. And I have four elementals living in my skull!

Srelok

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 10:08:09 AM »
I miiiight be able to dig up old Sresre on the 28th and 29th. Unfortunately, work on the 26th. Can't promise anything at this point though..

"If you could pour pain into a mold of an orc and then cut off its foot to piss it off, you’d get Srelok." Gulrok Ragehowl

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 01:58:53 PM »
Okiba -Warrior monk inbound!

Does this mean I have to change my profile name and picture?   :D
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Grogok

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 02:42:30 PM »
That is completely fine Sre, just that you show up is great.

Well it would help people to know who you are Krogon.

Gashuk

• Path of Cunning
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 04:38:26 PM »
To make this common knowledge now, I'll not be able to make the event on the 26th. Unfortunately I'm flying back from California around then, so will be jet-lagged to heck. Will be back with you soon though!
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-
"When the ashes fall and the green winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 06:33:32 PM »
No worries there! Anyone who's not able to make it to the 26th but does want to get involved in the campaign still, can be offered several different ways through which to join in if he or she so pleases! Feel free to give me a poke if you (or anyone else for that matter) would like to find a way for it. :)

Rashka

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 04:47:10 AM »
Where was that poll, btw?
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin