Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:03:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 106
Total: 106
106 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: RP and possible guild creation  (Read 5401 times)

Wornag (Kronnor)

• Red Blade
  • Alpha
  • Wornag (Kronnor)
    • View Profile
RP and possible guild creation
« on: May 22, 2017, 03:41:23 PM »
So, since there are a couple of us still roleplaying or want to get back to it but don't have any ideas, I think we should start a guild together so we are amongst people we know.
I don't expect it to be something big like ORB was, but something more casual so we can still have some fun.

We could make a Horde mixed-race military force, orc-only military force, mixed-race warband or orc-only warband.
It would be a nice change from the tribalistic way of ORB and a warband or military force would offer quite a nice opportunity for RP.
Ruthless and fierce on the battlefield but with a deep char development when not fighting.
I would really like to see if any of you are interested in starting this little project.

P.S: I know I tried starting my own guild several times before and it took me a loooong time to realise why none of them worked. That's why I made this thread, to see if I can get trusty people to help make a "new home" for the Red Blades that still RP. I'd rather be in a guild with people I already got to play with rather than joining a new guild with strangers.

Nosh'marak

• Elder
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: RP and possible guild creation
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 08:16:44 PM »
I might be interested if it's not gonna have Elves or Pandaren. *nodnod*
"Dogs obey and whimper, wolves carve their own path with a roar! Let the Alliance hear your cries for battle! Rrosh'ka Valokh! For the Blood!"

Wornag (Kronnor)

• Red Blade
  • Alpha
  • Wornag (Kronnor)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 08:46:43 PM »
I would have orc-only more in mind, because it has that special feel. Also, orcs from different clans have different mentalities and that's enough to give opportunity for good RP and little "quarrels". Adding people from other races would increase the chances for IC (maybe even OOC) drama.
Again, we have lots of options for an orc guild: Warband, Horde military, Clan, tribe, Mercenary company.
It would be even better if we manage to get together on our old Red Blade chars, since I'm sure we all have unfinished stories in which some might get involved.

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 03:28:39 AM »
No new homes for any of my OotRB characters, I'm afraid. Their story lies with the guild, so I wouldn't want to sever that connection. Rather just wait for any possible return of the guild, if ever at all. Enjoy your war games though!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Wornag (Kronnor)

• Red Blade
  • Alpha
  • Wornag (Kronnor)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 03:11:56 PM »
I understand that Koz and if OotRB returns it wouldn't be hard for the rest of us to just join back (if you allow it), maybe even bring new people with us.
Even if not, I'm pretty sure we would manage to get some coop RP together.

Nosh'marak

• Elder
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 06:06:11 PM »
Yeah no, Nosh will always stay in OotRB. That's where his story lies and that's where he belongs :)
"Dogs obey and whimper, wolves carve their own path with a roar! Let the Alliance hear your cries for battle! Rrosh'ka Valokh! For the Blood!"

Akesha

• Matriarch
  • Red Blade
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 08:48:37 AM »
You'd have a better chance of success with an exciting an novel idea. They're already plenty of military types and warbands. I also think a clean break from OotRB with fresh new characters, created with the new guild in mind.

IMHO the biggest issue with rp in games like WoW is that people create a character they want to play, then try to shoehorn it in to whatever guild they choose. How much better things might be if it was the other way around. Decide on the guild you want to create, then make characters that fit that guild.

The hardest part is that elusive, exciting idea. Off the top of my head ...

<Sky Pirates> flying round Azeroth, having adventures and stealing your treasure. Blood Elves, Orcs, Goblins (of course), a few trolls and the occasional Panda or Undead. Encourage members to be engineers and have flying machines rather than creature mounts. Work towards gathering mats to make rockets for people. All kinds of saucy, piratey, steam punky fun :D

That's the kind of brain storming you wanna do. I'm sure you can come up with lots of good ideas.

Wornag (Kronnor)

• Red Blade
  • Alpha
  • Wornag (Kronnor)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 10:57:20 AM »
Tbh I had in mind something like a rookie team of orcs joining the military (think like Republic Commando squad) and they don't know eachother and they'll have to deal with trying to get along and train to fight as a team, slowly getting better and better.

Akesha

• Matriarch
  • Red Blade
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 11:59:32 AM »
My point is Kronnor, if you want to play soldiers, there's already a squazillion guilds on AD in which you can do that. If it's just about continuing to play with existing friends, you could all just agree to join the same existing guild. If it's about making a new guild, then in a game as mature as WoW, it's just not going to succeed unless it fills a gap, offering new possibilities for rp

<The Court of Thorns> A renegade Blood Elf, exiled from Silvermoon, becomes the self-styled Duke of Thorns. Surrounding himself with the exiled, the outcasts and the dispossessed, he creates a court of undead, warlocks, rogue illidari and assassins in the Undercity, where he plots his revenge on the citizens of Silvermoon. Are they evil, deranged or just harmless freaks? Nobility in waiting, or simply bandits with delusions of grandeur?

I could do this all day :D

Wornag (Kronnor)

• Red Blade
  • Alpha
  • Wornag (Kronnor)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 04:02:57 PM »
I just posted what I had in mind.. I made this thread so people interested in starting a guild can post theirs so we can decide on one of those ideas. It's not set in stone.
And for other militaristic-based guilds around, none have the idea I had in mind. I'm starting to think you never played Republic Commando, or you would probably know what I was going for. ;)

Akesha

• Matriarch
  • Red Blade
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 04:06:50 PM »
You're absolutely correct. I've never played Republic Commando. I have no idea what Republic Commando is. I imagine it involves being a commando in some kind of republic :)

Claws

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
  • Trust your Blade it cannot stab you in the back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 05:05:08 PM »
I imagine it involves being a commando in some kind of republic :)

Te He
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Wornag (Kronnor)

• Red Blade
  • Alpha
  • Wornag (Kronnor)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 06:46:34 PM »
You're absolutely correct. I've never played Republic Commando. I have no idea what Republic Commando is. I imagine it involves being a commando in some kind of republic :)
It's about a squad of Clone Commandos in the Star Wars universe, and despite being a game focused on shooting stuff and whatever you usually find in a FPS game it also brings up the different personalities of the characters and the bond they have together. The game is made in such a way that you get attached to the characters, because despite all being clones of the same person they are very different from eachother.
That's what I was trying to bring up with my previous posts: even if on the outside it's just another military guild, all the members would be different and have their struggles, relations, dealing with current events and whatnot, which would be the focus of the guild.

Gashuk

• Path of Cunning
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2017, 04:53:23 PM »
That's what I was trying to bring up with my previous posts: even if on the outside it's just another military guild, all the members would be different and have their struggles, relations, dealing with current events and whatnot, which would be the focus of the guild.

This issue with that Kronnor is that it's not really a concept that will carry a guild; what you are describing is really down to the individual roleplayers within it and their interactions with everyone else. All of that is really out of your control, even as a GM.
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-
"When the ashes fall and the green winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

Rashka

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 01:34:45 AM »
<Sky Pirates> flying round Azeroth, having adventures and stealing your treasure. Blood Elves, Orcs, Goblins (of course), a few trolls and the occasional Panda or Undead. Encourage members to be engineers and have flying machines rather than creature mounts. Work towards gathering mats to make rockets for people. All kinds of saucy, piratey, steam punky fun :D

Oh hell yes Akesha. Give. Can you add my btag? Mimerss#2343 ~ I know you're not creating this (probably) but if you don't mind I'd like to talk with you xD
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar