Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 01:03:34 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 310
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 221
Total: 221
221 Guests, 0 Users

Nightmares

Started by Sinami, August 15, 2015, 02:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinami

Present day

He was lying. I knew it. Every word he said was a lie. I would not hurt him. Could not hurt him. Not like that... never like that. And yet... I could smell the blood... see the carved up arm right in front of my eyes... someone had done that to him... but it wasn't me. It could not have been me! Pain lanced through me, both physical and emotional and I fought hard to contain the scream that threatened to break free if I let go. I could not break. Needed to stay strong. I must not break. I held onto the words, clung to them desperately. They were the only things I had left, my only lifeline in a world that didn't make sense anymore.

My skin burned everywhere my clothes and cloak touched it, and yet I still wrapped the cloak tighter around myself. The pain reminded me that at least I was real, that the pain I had endured was real. But I wasn't so sure about the world around me though... the shadows outside the tent seemed to stretch their long clawed hands after me, wanting to pull me in and drag me under again like they had so many times before. I curled up even tighter against the back wall and closed my eyes. I knew it wouldn't shut the shadows out, since they were always there, waiting, watching, ready to pounce at a moment's notice, but it was instinct, pure and simple.  I knew it was futile... I had nowhere to hide. Not anymore.

Three weeks earlier

We sat together on the riverbank in Nagrand. The soft chirping sounds of the cicadas all around us. Fireflies were buzzing in the air like tiny little stars and then he spoke. Every word he said filled me with dread and I just wanted to run away. Hide. Flee. And never ever come back. I did not understand it. Could not understand it. How could he harbour such feelings for me? Why did he look at me like that? I couldn't take it in. Couldn't answer. And I definitely couldn't reciprocate. It was too much. I couldn't give that much. And without warning I pushed him in. I pushed him into the river and held him under. I watched, panicked as he struggled against my grip, tried to break free and come up for air. But he couldn't. Eventually he stopped moving and I released him.
"Farewell, brother..."

"She is strong, isn't she? We've been giving her small doses for days now, but she is still fighting it."
"So give her a stronger dose? If she's been fighting against the smaller doses, a larger one might make her more docile... more willing to talk."
"Fair enough. I will up the dose."

He stood opposite me. Looked at me with such devotion that I felt sick. I could not stand it. I didn't deserve what he was offering me. The red sands of Durotar were all around us, as far as the eye could see... as red as the sunset, as red as blood... as red as the heart he held out to me. I stared at it for a very long time, could barely comprehend what it was I saw. But then I slowly reached out my hand towards it. I saw the hope light in his eyes, the joy he felt because I was accepting his gift. I held his heart in my hand, the most precious thing someone could give to someone else. I could feel it beating against my palm, sure and strong. I could see the love in his eyes, it burned as bright as the stars above us. I raised my other hand, holding a dagger reflecting the red sands of Durotar on its blade, and stabbed the heart with all my might.

"She is starting to give in, finally. I did not realize it would take this much to break her..."
"Keep it up... the poison will soften her mind and the visions will do the rest. She will talk soon enough."

I was running. Fast. Strong. I was not running away from something... I was hunting. My prey was just in front of me, I could smell him. The thrill of the hunt thrummed in my veins, making my blood boil. I ran faster. I could hear him pleading with me as I closed in on him, but his words meant nothing to me...nothing at all.
"Sinami, please! Come back to me, I beg you! Please, this is not you..."
My only response was a vicious snarl as I pounced on him and felled him to the ground. His pleas and cries kept on increasing, but they didn't reach my ears... nor my heart. All I could hear was the frantic beating of his heart, all I could feel was his clammy skin underneath my hands, all I could smell was his fear and sweat... and the sweet, cloying scent of his blood.
"I love you... please, do not shut me out like this. Come back to me..."
His words fell on deaf ears. They were all lies anyway... and I did not listen to liars. I killed them.

Present day

"I do not have blood on my hands... I do not have blood on my hands... I do not have blood on my hands..." my throat was dry as the sand from my nightmares. No matter how hard I tried, I could not shut the dreams out.  I opened my eyes, but the faces from my dreams continued to swim before me... their looks of utter devotion, the love they held for me, the care... I did not deserve it, I could not deserve it... their faces... it was all lies, it had to be all lies! I could not have hurt them like that... could I? Lies, all lies! Bad dreams! Oh, please... make it stop, make it end!
"I do not have blood on my hands... I do not have blood on my hands... I do not have blood on my hands..."
Sinami Swifthowl
- Huntress of the Redblade Clan - Mate of Kozgugore Feraleye - Devotee of Akala and Kavara -

Srelok

"If you could pour pain into a mold of an orc and then cut off its foot to piss it off, you’d get Srelok." Gulrok Ragehowl

Rashka

Aiieehh.. Poor Sinami :c
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar

Kozgugore

I guessed them all right! \o/ I would ask for more because this was a great read, but poor Sin's gotten through enough already. (no) More, please!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade