Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 05:02:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 70
Total: 70
70 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Gnash Stronghand  (Read 2535 times)

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
Gnash Stronghand
« on: May 02, 2015, 08:29:30 PM »
[Source: Adapted from Gnash's OotRB Wiki entry.]

Name: Gnash Stronghand
Alias: N/A

Race: Orc
Clan: Thunderlord Clan
Class: Warrior
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Family: Gnash the Younger (son), Hazra (mother to his son)
Known Friends: Red Blade tribe.
Known Enemies: N/A

Appearance:
Gnash's appearance could best be described as 'lived': deep furrows and faded battle scars almost seemed to cleave his gaunt features. His one eye had sunk deep into its socket. Naturally, he wore an eyepatch. Despite not being the biggest of orcs, Gnash used to be proportionately broad and muscular. A determinate stride and a smug demeanor were tell-tales of his confidence. Usually he wore a red battle armor consisting of plate and leather, adorned with furs.

Personality:
The first term that springs to mind when describing Gnash Stronghand would most likely be 'butch'. Gnash was Orcs of the Red Blade's own Dirty Harry, prefering to raise his fists or draw his weapon instead of using words. Surprisingly, he didn't win all that many brawls he engaged in. An extremely flawed orc in essence, Gnash was widely considered to be one (or more) of these things to any orc: 1. the local drunkard 2. the grumpy neighbor 3. not much of a role model 4. unstable and dangerous.

History:
Gnash Stronghand was a Rrosh-tul of the Red Blade tribe, one of the centurions that are entrusted with the task of carrying out the Chieftain's orders in battle. He shared traits both of the warrior and barbarian class.

Gnash was widely considered to be one of the tribe's best yet unreliable warriors at the time. Like Kad the Bear, he once lead a small revolt against the tribe's leader, in this case Kozgugore Feraleye, which ultimately lead to banishment from the tribe. Roughly a year later he was again reinstated after having helped push the tide of battle against the Dwarves in the Wetlands campaign.

After the Cataclysm, Gnash Stronghand rallied the tribe to go in pursuit of Twilight's Hammer cultists, whom had wounded several tribesmen and abducted one of them, Vezara Frostwalker. A small warband under his command gained foothold near the base of the Twilight Citadel and freed the abducted orc. During the skirmish, Gnash tried to stall a monstrous ettin as the other orcs fled from the Citadel. Here, he died due to a mortal wound -- a severed arm.

Before he perished, he managed to give Morgeth Feralheart a note telling her of the whereabouts of his only son, Gnash the Younger.

Things you may know about this character:
Stronghand was estranged from his son, Gnash the Younger, whom he abandoned to his mother's care at a young age.

Gnash wrote down his teachings on the Path of the Warrior, in an account now preserved for the Annals.

Things you may not know about this character:
Gnash's guide to the tavern was published after his death.

Memorable Quotes:
  • "Sonumbitch!" - An expression of amazement.
  • "Sheeeee-ut." - Idem.
  • "This shit stinks like a pig's arse in the summer time." - Gnash's one-liner for when he found himself in a sticky situation.
  • "Hur..?" - ? ? ?

Other Information:
N/A