Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 03:06:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 80
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25
25 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Krogon Devilstep  (Read 5598 times)

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
Krogon Devilstep
« on: April 24, 2015, 04:44:22 PM »

"Ours is the most important of charges, a ward we must protect with our lives at all costs. To Safe-guard against corruption and evil of the likes once wrought upon us by the Warlocks and accursed Fel. We perform this without mercy, We do this without thanks or reward, We do this Until our last breath" - Akinos Steelclaw, Blademaster

Name: Krogon Devilstep
Alias: Aka'oni (Red Devil, To the Darkspear), Uch-hera-taw (Green eyes, to Tauren), Nogork, Render/The Render

Race: Orc
Clan: Burning Blade
Class: Blademaster (Rogue)
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Family: Shazula (Daughter), Kaang (Nephew), Rargnasha Bloodmark (Blood Brother), Tro'gon (Brother - Deceased), Bor'la, (Mate - Deceased).
Known Friends: Tribe Red Blade, The Darkspear Elders, Burning Blade Clan, The Frostwolves.
Known Enemies: Luk Vileclaw, Warlocks of the Azeroth shadow council, Dark Shaman, Grim Stonepaw.

Appearance:
Krogon is an Orc of many years and ritualistic habbit, As such he stands with good posture despite lacking any great height. His Body has numerous small and great scars that he displays openly on his bare chest and the rest of his body. His Face sports a short, neat, grey beard crowned with a scarred head he keeps shaved. Both His eyes are a Sharp Emerald green which inspect and pierce through even the most mundane of things and situations.

His Raiment includes, like all Red Blades, A Wolf mask first and Foremost. He will often wear the traditional Blademaster Pants with armoured plates on the outside of the Thighs. He is also never seen without his Red Waist-wrap, the symbol of the blademasters... A horde banner folded and wrapped about his waist, within this sit many of his combat tools and 'tricks'. At each hip he has his two hand made Deadly Adamantite Katana, and one Dagger of the same craft.

Personality:
Krogon is an extremely unpredictable and Complicated Orc, To some he is deeply loyal and honest, To others he is Disloyal, mischievious and deceitful. The Truth is he is both, when and as required. Krogon follows a strict set of personal rules, Ethics and a sacred code that often causes him to have a great deal of internal conflict when presented with hard moral choices and situations.

When his Ethics and Code are stripped away, Krogon is an Orc of Experience, patience and devilish Cunning. He enjoys riddles, puzzles, solving problems and learning new concepts. When presented with a challenge, he preffers to employ stealth and deception over Brute strength, be it in war or simply engaging in a battle of wits. Both unconventional, and innovative, Krogon takes a small levy of enjoyment from using Fear and confusion to win his battles.

In more Relaxed settings such as the tavern or with tribe red blade around the fires, He is quiet, calm and collected. Difficult to read, or predict unlike his younger self. The alloy of his personality has been forged from the ores of his Youth, a young Orc who was once impulsive, Brash, arrogant, brutal and passionate. These rarely, but still do, show underneath the discipline of his elder years.

History:
Krogon was born among the frostwolves on draenor some years before the rise of the horde. When the warlocks did at last rise, and the dark portal opened he travelled to the new world with his mate 'Borla', full of Blood rage and the demons fire in his veins, quickly joining the burning blade clan. Serving through the first, and second wars until the defeat at blackrock, Krogon spent 15 years caged and unable to stand in his 'box of solitude' at hammerfall internment camp. This is also when he was separated from his mate, who was heavily pregnant and never seen again as females and pups were force marched to unknown places.

When Thrall, Son of Durotan and Ogrim Doomhammer freed the Orcs and the new horde was born, Krogon saw a flicker of hope on the horizon of his peoples future. Quickly recruited into the Circle of what they was now the young Warchiefs personal honor guard, he swore fealty and a blood oath with his brothers to forever protect the horde from corruption of the likes they had succumbed too before, the Blademasters were reborn with new purpose.

When Hyjal was eventually won, and the Demon lord Archimonde defeated, Krogon found himself seldom with any purpose or use. When the campaign in outland ended, He sought audiance with a Tribe of Orcs he had heard much of. A tribe that held precious the old ways, respected honour, and defended the values of the new Horde. Krogon Joined Tribe Red blade, swearing loyalty to Chieftain Kozgugore feraleye. Eventually he even found his long lost Daughter, shazula, became blood-brothers with Rargnasha Bloodmark, and became one of the most familiar and regular faces around the tribes camp fires.

Krogon Has had many up's and downs with Tribe red blade. Rising to Varog'gor as one of the Chieftains personal bodyguards, only to allow the over-zealous nature he had in youth spoil this by defying orders. He quickly found his Code, and habbit for protesting causing him to be eventually exiled.

It was during his exile that Krogon built his Mental tree, a way of organising his thoughts, and behaviour through meditation and visualiszing a tree by which to arrange his thoughts and memories. With this done, and with a new found sense of discipline, Krogon Returned to Tribe red blade and was granted a second chance. As time wen't on, he was exiled twice more for disobedience but always welcomed back for one reason or another.

Demise:

Spoiler: show
Since the end of the siege of orgrimmar he has had a hap hazard relationship with the changing leadership of the tribe, but eventually settled into the roll of Nag'ogar. However, in the following months Devilstep was plagued with worry due to a re-occuring prophecy. At Kosh'harg the young Thur'ruk Rhonya Steelheart spoke the words... "When that dreaded bow is strung, at last your immortal song shall be sung". This prompted great speculation, and no small amount of concern for Krogon. As months passed, the prophecy was repeated and added to by other shaman, a sooth-sayer and even the ancestral spirit of matriarch Grugna long-hand. Many of the tribe took little notice, others worried, Devilstep pondered. In the end, upon the time-wraped world of Draenor the tribe began discovering hints at the presence of the old clan red blade, as well as the regular unsettling discovery of massacre sites marred by corpses filled with deadly poison arrows. Krogon began to put two and two together...

When the final skirmish of the first draenor campaign came to an end, the tribe found itself face to face with the Iron horde version of Akesh the poisoner himself. Demanding that the tribes champion fight his in the name of honor, the tribe complied... the clash ending with Devilstep killing Akesh's warlord champion. However, as a spiteful parting gift before he escaped, Akesh planted one of his deadly poison arrows in Krogons chest then fled.

After escaping a hail of iron horde mortar fire, the tribe brought the dying Devilstep to Frostwolf overlook, and began a desperate attempt to save his life. Despite best efforts, the poison had done too much damage, thus it was decided that it would be better to cut short his suffering. Krogon Devilstep died from a killing knife blow delivered by Chieftain Kozgugore Feraleye, as a last act of kindness, while surrounded by his family, daughter and tribe. His pyre marked the end of the First Draenor campaign fought by the Red blades. His ashes were eventually spread upon the razor winds of Durotar, above razor hill by the tree the tribe holds so dear.

Legacy:

Devilsteps legacy is hard to sum up in any straight forward fashion. He was a controversial Orc that often butted heads with elders and chieftains over morally grey matters. However, he was also responsible for training numerous elders, bringing the shadowy Gul'thauk into existance, leading tribes Orcs and allies to key victories in battle, as well as partaking in inspiring feats of cunning and personal willpower.

Perhaps his most important action and moral initiative was pulling the varied forces of the northern rebellion together, prior to the siege of Orgrimmar in the name of Vol'jin and the subjugated peoples of the Horde. But he was also noted for his outspoken attitudes and in particular his deeds at the hands of the Dark shaman Mala'Kal.

As for physical legacy? Devilstep has left an array of belongings and gifts to tribe members, including several weapons to the elders of the tribe forged from precious spirit-blood steel.

In the end he left a different lasting impression on everyone he encountered and effected, challenging those around him to question themselves and what deeds they live by. Perhaps that is his legacy? A moral example for others to take a pause for thought when right and wrong become grey and unclear.

Things you may know about this character:
-Krogon is a Master of Weapon crafting.
-He is exceptionally well read for an Orc.
-Organized and set the ground work and eventual strategy for the Northern Rebellion in the lead up to the siege of Orgrimmar.
-Has been a Varog'gor, Twice, but for various reasons has been up and down the hierarchy.

Things you may not know about this character:
-Krogon Once Had a mate named Bor'la, she was separated from him in internment and long since presumed dead.
-He has a daughter to Bor'la, Shazula. However, Bor'la and Krogons first child, a male, died in child birth during the winter siege of Ironforge during the second war.
-Krogon has a deep disdain for Orcs who do not take the rite of bonding for mates seriously, considering its beyond folly to treat it so flippantly.
-Was once a prisoner of Dark shaman after the rebellion, and forced to kill two children (though it is known of).

Memorable Quotes:
"Do not think that fixing the mistakes you have made earns you praise or reward Orc, these are things you ought of done out of duty and sense, not personal gain..."
"I never sought to tell you what you wanted or wished to hear, rather I opted to speak words needed speaking. Is that not the truest advice?"
”Do not dare speak to me of honoor, Mala’kal. I vowed I would kill you for what you did. But your judgement is not up to me. I sentence you to nothing, nothing but what you brought upon yourself. Reap what you have sewn dark shaman...”
"Sometimes the determined Individual is far more dangerous than an army of fools"

Story's:

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 12:43:55 AM by Okiba »
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
Re: Krogon Devilstep
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 06:53:03 PM »
Great profile, but the picture is a little huge! Would this work better?

Spoiler: Click here • show

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 07:07:01 PM »
Seems it does ;o

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 01:35:40 AM »
Needs to be updated to reflect Krogon's horrific, tragic death! ;D

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 01:53:06 AM »
I'll get right on it tommorow!

Claws

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
  • Trust your Blade it cannot stab you in the back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 06:11:58 PM »
((If he dead who keeps speaking to us on here)). :o :o :o :o
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 06:29:26 PM »
Sorry, the Blademaster you have dialed is currently not in service...

;)

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 10:52:45 PM »
As I was bored...

I placed a little section with links to all my story's about Krogon up in the profile, neatly put in a spoiler. Honestly forgot I wrote some of those! may do some more edits soon, If I've neglected to put anything anyone considers important, do give me a nudge/PM.