Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 08:29:22 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 232
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 228
Total: 228
228 Guests, 0 Users

Kozgugore Appreciation

Started by Sadok, May 30, 2013, 12:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadok

I'll keep this short at first, at least.

I've only been around for a couple of years, which already seems like a long damned time. But that pales in comparison to how long Kozgugore has been around and how much he's done for Orcs of the Red Blade, the Horde RP community and the Defias Brotherhood server.

Kozgugore was one of those names I heard occasionally on the official RP forums before I'd even arrived on Defias - as much an institution, if not moreso, than any of the realm's big RP guilds. Kozgugore and Morgeth were as close to celebrities as you could probably get in the RP community when I started on the realm, and getting the opportunity RP with them and Orcs of the Red Blade in general has been an all-time WoW highlight. The Red Blades were the only guild I've really felt properly welcome in, and a damned lot of that was down to the great, friendly atmosphere and the approachable officers.

I don't really know what or how much else to say, but as a guild leader, fellow officer (for a time at least), roleplayer and all-around good guy, thank you for everything.

Best of luck in everything that lies ahead, be it in WoW or that big, vast place called RL.

Murrah

Thanks for everything Kozzles!
May the Waffles guide you!
“Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!”

Mhokdor Spinesnapper

Is Koz going someplace, or is this spontanious?

He's a good feller, got that foh shoh. Came back to these forums for that wolf after four years.

Azolg

An outstanding post to begin with Sadok.

Koz has been the pillar and backbone of this Tribe for so long it seems. I've only been with the Blades a year and a half, but damn has this been the best RP guild i've ever participated in. Seven years of leading is nothing to sniff at, and being resolute for that long in running probably one of the most successful Orc-only guilds across all the realms takes a man of real steadfast leadership. You've been tenacious and a resolute leader Kozgugore, both IC and OOC!

The first person I spoke to on the realm too! You've always been approachable and engaging. Never once have I felt that I couldn't speak to you about anything. Im saddened that we' wont get a chance to finish Dabinas training, but its hopefully something I can continue with Rargnasha if he gets time/it works IC!

There isn't much more for me to say, without repeating myself or Sadok other than a massive Thank You for being the absolute star of Guild leader you have been. I can only wish you the best in everything you do in the life outside the computer!

Mhokdor Spinesnapper

So, he left... Hell.

I was around when Koz went from silent guy to the big enforcer you folk know. He's made Red Blade a better home to me than the building I live in and tribe I share blood with.

I was there when he left the place for the first time and I like to think the one that pulled him back in. I regret I wasn't there for the majority of his second rule.

I'm sure you did your best, I regret not returning sooner chief.

Aka'magosh.

Revax

I never got to know Koz as much as I would have liked both ICly and OOCly but he will always be my first Chieftain. I even got a little teary eyed today when this change in leadership was announced in game, all of us who was on skype at the time did, even those that like Koz a lot less than most of us do.

The tribe is Koz's, for the past 7 years it has been shaped by him for good and bad, and I like where the tribe is now. We are well known and respected. We have a lot of drama at times, but we still prevail. I have never been in a RP this long, I have friends here that I actually care about but in and out of game now. Thank you Koz for this gift!

I hope we havent seen the last of you!!!

Kozgugore

I've been pondering a while to try and come up with a suitable exit speech, but there's really not as much to say as I once thought there would have been on the day that I'd step down. It's been a great ride in the past eight years that I've been a member of this tribe, and there has scarcely been a day that I led it with any kind of regret or pain. Being in charge of such a wonderful guild has truly been a life-changing experience, as it has made me into the person that I've grown up to be (I was only 17 when some people decided I would for whatever reason be fit to be the GM of such a prestigious guild. Go figure).

The things I've experienced will probably prove hard to forget, and though it stings just a little to leave on a bit of a sour note (semi-inactivity, feeling like Koz was a relic of the past and unapproachable to people despite my efforts to try and make it seem otherwise), I will only think of good things when I think of ORB in nostalgia.

I won't lie: Tonight has come as a surprise to me. One moment, my eyes were opened when someone claimed Koz hadn't led anything in the Winterspring campaign, and the next thing I know, I've managed to get myself removed. If you would have told me this would happen this very morning, I would have laughed at you and called you a very, very mean prankster. Still, I decided to grasp the situation and explain it, not knowing what people would choose for their leader in the end and willing to accept either consequences due to my bitterness. Only when the votes turned out to be so massively one-sided did it become clear that there could only be one end to it.

Perhaps there will be a day that I will be able to let Koz return. But considering his stubbornness, I doubt he would be able to accept following anyone leading 'his' (or rather 'the') tribe in his stead right away. It's been a tough nut to crack, but this seemed like the most suitable ending to him, albeit certainly not the one I once had in mind for him. The only reason to stay in WoW has, for many years now, the sole purpose of leading the tribe. Perhaps casual RP will be able to fill up part of that void, but with the memories that are left now, I don't think it would be able to fill up the void that has been left.

Now, instead of sounding all depressing, I'll just go ahead and wish you all the best. Be it in WoW or TESO (possibly my next grand scheme. Be on the lookout for a grumpy dark elf or orc) or otherwise, I doubt my experience will be as enriching as ORB was. Make unkle Koz proud.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Vashnarz

Well what more can I say that hasn't already been said? Well I guess i'll put what I think.

To me koz you where always someone who even if i was ever in a meh kind of mood a quirky remark or anything of the such always brought a smile to my face. You where someone I saw as just such a laid back kinda guy and its been a pleasure in the years i've been in the guild to be around. All the best and do keep in touch you've become a good friend and you where an amazng guild leader. I doubt anyone other than you could of done it for as long as you have, You have my utmost respect. Good luck with everything and I hope if you ever feel like it go ahead an pop in and see us.

Shargla

Oh I'm not good at these things but here it goes...

I haven't been in the guild for long all and all. I don't know Koz ICly that well either. But if one thing is for sure, you and the tribe gave me something to do on my freetime. Even so much I went on and quit raiding, something I've done since I started playing wow. I became a full time roleplayer just because of the tribe and what you've done within it. There's never a quiet or boring moment in the Tribe and I've enjoyed my stay. I appreciate all the work you've done for the tribe and heck, over 7 years as a chieftain. That's an achievement on its own.

We had our ups and downs but all in all, I wish I had known you longer ICly and OOCly. So I hope you'll return someday and show us more of that grumpy orc and the legendary Shrewd.

I salute you.

Okiba

I remember the first time we RP'ed together...

It involved koz filling my human seiken with arrows and being routed from the battlefield for the first time. It was considered a big thing alliance side, "Who was this orc who routed Seiken so easily?", and you know what, i'm glad. You've been not only my friend over these many years but also my nemesis, a rival and someone to confide in. From the huge campaigns we fought against and alongside each other, to the day to day life of the tribe.

Horde RP would of been completely different without you, a firm no nonsense orc applying a guiding hand to smack elves up the back of the head, a boot for dwarf buttocks and knuckles for punching dwarves in the teeth. but also a tender, gentle character beneath the surface.

I've loved every moment and I'm going to have fond memories of it for the rest of my days, you Will be missed by all, not only the Tribe but by the community. Though we may have ended our wars on an even number of victory's, you will always be mine and krogon's alpha.

For the Blood! For Kozgugore the Wolf-king!
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Revax

To what you said Koz:

It may not have been the "ending" you wanted, but sometimes its just better to rip it off like a bandaid!

But I think it was a much better "end" than having Koz killed off. Koz will live till WoW takes its last breath!

Another thing you said, regarding TESO. When TESO draws near we should make a thread here so that we may find each other in that game!

Regorn

This is the problem of not playing the game, I have no idea what's going on

but this seems to be a thank thread. So Thanks Kozgugore for letting me RP sometime more after my last guild withered up and died, it's been quite enjoyable.
Yolk Shaman out
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Vezara

You all make it sound like he's dying. :| Anways, I'm not good at these things, soo.. Thanks for ze RP! Take care. o/
Vezara Wolfheart - Shaman of the Frostwolf Clan.

Kozgugore

I'm certainly not dead, nor is there a guarantee that I'll be gone for good or won't be coming back to hang around in one form or another, possibly on Gakrath as well. However, this has put an end to something I've worked on with my most beloved character for seven years, and even more if you count the years I've spent on him before ORB happened. It probably sounds more dramatic than it is, but to me, it's the end of a unique experience. Having said that, I'm glad people have been content with what I've been able to present to them, even if it wasn't as ample as it used to be these past few months.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Okiba

Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."