Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 02:07:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25
25 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: [Story Contest] Tales of Clan Redblade  (Read 14251 times)

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
[Story Contest] Tales of Clan Redblade
« on: December 28, 2012, 04:58:47 AM »

Contest open: Tuesday 1st January until Thursday 31st January;
Grand Prize: 10,000g (runner-up receives 5,000g);
Judging Panel: Sadok, Kozgugore, Mozrogg;
Post entries in the Campfire Forum, marked [Contest] in the title.

"North of the Blade's Edge Mountains. West of the Fields of Farahlon. Treacherous sleet and numbing frost beneath a stirring blood-red sun. Land all but surrendered to the monstrous mountain giants, brutish ogres and fierce worgs of Magoth's pack. Land that no Warlord had claimed - land that no Warlord could claim. This desolate, wild land was set aside for the remnants of mighty Githya's battle-hardened warband - the frozen wasteland would have claimed them all within weeks had they not been made of sterner stuff.

These were simpler times - times when orcs rose from nothing to forge their legacy. Kraag, Son of Githya fought and tamed Magoth, earning the title of Wolfking - the alliance between Redblade and Worg would last generations. Following in the Line of the Wolfking would be honorable heroes such as Gruthgar the Ragged, an orc known for hewing enemies in half with his mighty greataxe; brother-warriors Hukraz and Skagluk the Giantkiller, battling rival Clans and gronn alike; and wise Grugna Longhand, the first Matriarch of the Clan.

Clan Redblade, though always small, gathered a reputation for their honor and ferocity. This reputation remained intact even after the Line of Wolfkings broke - the chaos ended by the Oracles handing the mantle of Chieftain to Mruthgor the Shaman-King, a powerful Spiritwalker bearing a fabled Scepter. Beneath the Greathall that Mruthgor constructed as a monument to his rule, dark rituals brought about the first of the feared Varog'Gor - more beast than orc.

When daemon came to tempt the orcs, Clan Redblade sought to stand alongside the Frostwolf. A traitorous usurer would seal the Clan's demise, however - Akesh the Poisoner murdered Chieftain Grenth Stonebrow and dissolved the Clan into the ever-expanding Horde.

The spirit of the Clan lives on in the Red Blade tribe, but many of the tales of old are still known - in the Annals maintained by the tribal Thur'ruk, and in the tales told around campfires even now. Tales of harsh lands, great orcs, mighty victories, crushing defeats and a small, embattled Clan that survived in defiance of its many enemies. Some of the tales have been lost in time and legend - others are yet to be told.

These are the Tales of Clan Redblade."

((What is the Tales of Clan Redblade Story Contest?
In short, a creative writing competition themed to the Clan Redblade era of the tribe's backstory lore - a period upon Draenor spanning centuries.

The tribe's Annals remain unclear and incomplete in places, meaning there is a great deal of freedom to create new characters and settings, tell a new tale using established Clan-era characters (like Kraag or Mruthgor), or retell an existing story in a new way (Skagluk and the Talbuk-Riders, or the Treachery of Akesh). The theme is thus not meant to be restrictive, but rather providing a focus for an exciting period in Red Blade history - be bold, be creative and tell your story.

New tales can be taken as a canonical addition to Clan Redblade lore either as a newly-unearthed part of the Annals, a long-forgotten tale or fiction written by your character. The tribe's history is a common background for us all, and I encourage campfire and tale-telling roleplay incorporating both existing and new tales and characters.

The contest will remain open for the month of January 2013. Following the contest's close, entries will be judged by a panel of three judges (all of whom can write stories, but are ineligible for prizes). The best story will receive a generous in-game gold reward, with runner-up receiving half the amount. There are no length or style limits, and it is possible to submit more than one entry.

Key Links:

UPDATE, February 1st: The Contest deadline has passed! The panel will give the results in a couple of days.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 06:35:09 PM by Sadok »

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
Re: [Story Contest] Tales of Clan Redblade
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 03:44:50 PM »
huzzah!
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Vilirok

• Red Blade
  • Proven
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 06:59:17 PM »
I shall be entering! Now to decide what I'm going to write about...Hrm...

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 04:45:09 PM »
The contest is now officially open! Post your Tales of Clan Redblade in the Campfire forum for a chance at winning one of two very generous gold prizes!

Best of luck!

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 01:41:30 AM »
We're halfway through the competition deadline, and we've had only one entry (Varagga's The Tale of Two Tongues)! For a significant chance at winning either gold prize, submit your entries in the Campfire forum - remember, they must be themed to the Draenor-era Clan Redblade.

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 02:38:04 AM »
Ten days left for the Tales of Clan Redblade competition - if you've yet to begin writing, I'd strongly suggest doing so! No doubt the contest will pick up a little in the coming days as people finish their stories.  :)

Garulfkar

• Red Blade
  • Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 09:51:40 AM »
Oh awesome. I will see what I can whip up for this within the time allotted.

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 04:13:33 PM »
One week remaining until the Contest comes to an end, and things are already heating up.

If you've been interested, but haven't written anything yet - now's the time to start! And if you're still writing and putting the finishing touches on your entry, best of luck!

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 01:42:24 AM »
The contest ends once January itself ends! So that's one full day left to submit your Tales of Clan Redblade!

UPDATE, February 1st: The Contest deadline has passed! The panel will give the results in a couple of days.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 06:35:45 PM by Sadok »

Varagga

• Red Blade
  • Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 08:58:57 PM »

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 10:15:09 PM »

Regorn

• Champion At Life
  • Alpha
  • Thunderheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 11:52:03 PM »
and now to let the most silliest of stories win!
or was that not the way of things?
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 10:43:22 PM »
After much back and forth between the panel, Kozgugore, Mozrogg and myself have finally come to a consensus:

Winner: Garulfkar - The Twelve Rigors of Mokkosh: The Pelt of Horogosh
Reward: 10,000g

Runner-Up: Krogon - Magoth
Reward: 5,000g

Honorable Mentions: Varagga - The Tale of Two Tongues; Murrah - Even a Child Can Hunt

The decision was by no means an easy or obvious one, as all the entries had their clear strengths. There was a great variety in structure and story, and everyone involved successfully connected with the setting and theme! Thank you to everyone who entered and helped make their mark on the history of the Red Blades.

Krogon and Garulfkar, simply message Kozgugore in-game to receive your reward, and... For the Blood of the Clan!

Murrah

• Red Blade
  • Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 11:03:57 PM »
Gratz to the winners!
“Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!”

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 12:38:31 AM »
le gasp! wasn't expecting that! thanks a bunch! and good effort everyone else!