Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 01:59:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 88
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36
36 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Home page news  (Read 55589 times)

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Home page news
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2019, 02:56:27 AM »
Karoshgoth

Honored brothers and sisters,

After some arduous weeks of setting upon the path and beating back enemies left and right, the time has come at last to unwind in one of two most treasured times of the year: the Kosh'harg festival. This season's Kosh'harg is bound to be an incredible undertaking, as we have made grand plans to make up for the world of excrement we have had to suffer over the past season. Now more than ever, we have earned this respite from discord.

In order to make it so, however, your help is required. Make sure to offer any aid you are willing to lend to any of your fellow orcs who intend to put their backs into the organization of this Kosh'harg. There are yet some of us out there who might still be in need of volunteers, so ensure to do your part if you can spare any hands. Even if it be for a single day.

Having said that, however, there is one order above all others that I seek to give to you this month: enjoy. Feast. Celebrate. And give thanks the ancestors for the strength of the pack as well as their support in the times that lie ahead. A new day dawns after the long night has at long last ended. It is a day that is ours for the taking.

For the Blood of Redblade,
Kozgugore Feraleye

What lies ahead for the clan this month? Head to the front page and find out!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2019, 10:36:00 AM »
Return of the Gul'thauk

The Gul'thauk were, in the old Red Blade Tribe, among the most feared and mysterious Orcs the tribe had to offer. With initiation rites unknown to the surrounding world, they were tested and hardened relentlessly, in hopes of creating the most mentally strong and cunning Orcs to ever walk Azeroth. To a degree, it was successful. The ranks of the Gul'thauk were once booming, and they were a formidable force of outcasts, rogues, and outlaws that sought their place elsewhere than the other two paths that the Red Blade had to offer, lead by the Varog'Gor; the most elite bodyguards of the Chieftain himself.

Click here to find out more about this important, new announcement that will change up the entire structure of the clan!

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2019, 12:27:57 PM »
Ish'Magor

Honored brothers and sisters,

A memorable Kosh'harg has concluded the past month, in no small part thanks to each of your very own efforts. I wish to both congratulate as well as thank you all for contributing to a very successful festival all around. May it be a worthy reminder of what the Horde stands for... as well as good practice for future festivals to come. For we can only eclipse it at this rate!

A joyous month has now come to an end, however. Instead, we must look to what lies ahead. With increasing reports of border incursions from the Alliance, it now falls to us to see to the defense of our homelands. We may not have chosen this war, but there is no reversing the sun. Remain ever-vigilant of threats to the safety of our people, both within and outside of our lands. We are, after all, ever-surrounded by a world of enemies. It is times like these during which we temper not only our blades, but our spirits and our resolve as well.

For the Blood of Redblade,
Kozgugore Feraleye

What lies ahead for the clan this month? Head to the front page and find out!

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2020, 08:11:17 PM »
15 Year Anniversary

It's 9 October 2020, which means that the guild is officially 15 years old! To celebrate the occasion, we asked all of our members to speak a few words on why they are still in the guild, what they like about it, their favourite moments and whatever else came to their mind! Though the answers were all given on Discord, a thread has been made with a compilation of everyone's comments and screenshots on the forums here, so go on and have a look to see what members both old and new wanted to share! Here are a few highlighted comments to give an idea of what our members had to say:

Head on over to the front page to see the full 15 Year Anniversary announcement!

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2021, 06:05:50 PM »
A Tribute to Kulgha

It is with great sadness on this Christmas day that we need to share the news that one of our members, Kulgha (also known as Karhla), has passed away last week on the 17th of December.

Kulgha had been battling with her illness for some time now, but her optimistic and helpful nature was an inspiration to all of us. She was warm, kind and always giving, and even when she felt poorly, she led events at the Kosh’harg. It’s no surprise, then, that she made many great friendships both in our community as well as outside of it. Which is why I feel we had to share this news a little more publicly as well.

Many of us had a plethora of treasured memories from our RP with Kulgha, who was always fully committed to something once she had a great idea, such as being the clan’s wolf handler. Out of character, too, she had a massive heart and was truly a great person to be around. Several times, she reached out to me when I was in a rather bad spot myself, and I know I’m not the only one for whom she did so for that matter. She truly cared for people, even when barely knowing them and having far worse things on her own mind what with everything that life threw at her.

Aka’Magosh to a wonderful person. You will be sadly missed, Kulgha. The world and Azeroth will be a poorer place now that you’re not in it.

Many thanks to Durgrol for sharing this news with us.

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2022, 10:47:33 PM »
Spreading the Word: Our Own Twitter Page

Throughout the 16 years that Orcs of the Red Blade has been around, a lot has changed not only in World of Warcraft, but on the internet itself as well. One such things is how people stay in touch with one another and how social media can help keep people informed. Unfortunately, our trusty, old website has seen less traffic and updates over the years despite the guild remaining alive and well, primarily due to platforms such as Twitter and Discord taking over the role of old-fashioned forums.

To stick with the times, Orcs of the Red Blade now has its own, "official" Twitter channel upon which regular updates will be shared about events, artwork or other shenanigans and hijinks involving our orcs!

Keep up with our adventures at https://twitter.com/VerzanSkywise!

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2022, 01:25:05 AM »
Orcs of the Red Blade Enter the Metaverse!

Orcs of the Red Blade has always striven to be at the forefront of the newest developments in the world of roleplay. Now, on April 1st 2022, we are pleased to announce our next step to help propel WoW RP into the future: Straight into the Metaverse!

As of today, ORB is embracing Web 3.0 technology by introducing its own cryptocurrency: The Shrewdcoin! Based on the clan’s most illustrious canine, the Shrewdcoin opens the door to a slew of possibilities that will benefit not only ORB’s stakeholders and other GMs who stand to gain from a monetized roleplaying experience, but also the roleplayers themselves in experiencing a new era of self-expression and self-idolization!

Along with Shrewdcoins, we will be introducing our very own non-fungible tokens: The Nominal Orcish Proprietary Effect! NOPEs will be obtainable exclusively with Shrewdcoins and for its first drop will allow you to own your very own piece of Red Blade history in the form of a representation of Chieftain Kozgugore Feraleye’s iconic costumes from throughout the years! These Chieftain avatars, acutely nicknamed “Kozzitars”, will sell for .0666 Shrewdcoins ($0.0009 at the time of writing), plus transaction fees.

For our first release, we will be selling 250 NOPEs in our first drop for a collection that will ultimately reach no less than 500,000 NOPEs. Those who purchase multiple NOPEs will have a chance to win exclusive prizes, such as being featured in the guild’s Message of the Day or becoming the guild’s GM (Chieftain) for a day.

In a first reaction, ORB’s GM Kozgugore had this to say:
“I truly believe NOPEs and Shrewdcoins will set off a new era of IP creation, community development and roleplay monetization. Shrewdcoins will be a revolutionary way to introduce the “play to earn” concept that people have become so excited for into more households, while NOPEs will be the ultimate form of self-expression.

I believe that these new technologies and concepts will provide us with numerous opportunities to enrich people’s lives through digital entertainment, which is at the core of our guild. We remain committed to creating, developing, and providing world-class content, and we will contribute to the happiness of society and its people by offering new forms of excitement. With Shrewdcoins and NOPEs, I truly feel we are one step closer to fulfilling our original mission of enriching the Metaverse with the introduction of more Orcish customs and practices.”
The future is very meta, the future is very verse! Stay tuned for more announcements as Shrewdcoins and NOPEs will branch out for guild ranks, ancestral favours, two-second GIFs from our guild trailers, Verzan Skywise’s first ever Tweet, digital spots around the campfire and much more!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 01:31:53 AM by Kozgugore »