Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:38:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115
115 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Om'riggor Transcripts  (Read 57482 times)

Nakobu

• Elder
  • Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Om'riggor Transcripts
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2020, 06:32:42 PM »
Nakobu:

I know that the topic of what to hunt during one's Om'riggor is something that many often worry about.

When I first heard of the existence of the Om'riggor, I knew what it was that I should probably hunt should I ever come to do it. That being a demon.

To tell the truth, I had only ever seen drawings and heard tales of demons when I first thought about it.

But after seeing and even facing a demon once or twice in the time since then, my feelings didn't really change.

Demons chased my grandfather and the other draenei for over twenty-five thousand years during the Long Journey.

They had a hand in the corruption of the orcs of this time, leading to the events that you know and perhaps have even lived through yourself.

The idea of hunting a demon was quite symbolic, honouring those I used to be among, and those I am now.

But saying 'I shall hunt a demon' and actually doing such is two very different things.

I am not some strong orc warrior. I am not a vindicator, nor am I an anchorite.

I have my faith, but I could not call on it to help me. I have knowledge as an artificer, but such was not to be used either with its close link to magic.

I am not very good at using traditional weapons. So the idea of facing a demon with just that alone was, is frightening.

How people can charge against them as if they are something normal to face. I cannot really understand it.

I have tried to face a demon alone one time before, nearly a year ago when we were in Nagrand. A practice run of sorts that I did for this Om'riggor during the test for the Sword of Strength. A tale for another time I suppose but it did not go so well.

Though the Legion fell before I even came to this world, there are still demons around and causing problems. as I am sure you are all keenly aware from our time in Desolace.

Vin is a demon hunter. I asked her where there might be a demon in the lands around here that I could perhaps look for.

She said that at Ashenvale's Felfire Hill, there was a demon going after travellers that had to go through the area. A succubus, supposedly.

I had never really seen one of the creatures, again, only in tales and pictures. I knew very little aside from they use charm magics.

The ride over was really quite unpleasant. All I could really feel was dread for what I was about to put myself up against.

Luckily at least, the journey through the Barrens and into the forest was quiet and not very interesting. of course that only meant my mind got to worry further over what was to come.

Eventually, I made it to what was Felfire Hill, leaving my wolf at its base. Despite it's name as a hill, it is quite the flat area after the initial climb.

Perhaps it was because I finally arrived at the site where the demon lurked, but all I could feel was sick as I walked further in.

I do not know what happened at that hill in the past, but there were a number of craters, big and small, all over.

Filled with rainwater. The ground was slick with mud. It was like Draenor. Its battlefields, pockmarked from the artillery on both sides.

I eventually found the succubus amongst the craters. It was kneeling beside a young troll that was down in the mud. I had hoped I was in time to help him and for him to be simply injured but it was too late.

I do not know exactly what the demon did to kill him but it did not look to be a quick death. The sight of him like that was really quite haunting.

The demon noticed me quite quickly. The sound of me walking in the mud gave me away from quite the way away, I suppose.

It said some words, but Eredun and Draenei have a bit too much of a difference in dialect for me to properly understand. Though I am not sure I would much like to comprehend what it had to say.

Whatever did end up saying, it soon came running closer towards me, but it kept itself at a good distance. The battle between us both, it was not anything heroic.

The succubus used their whip and shadow magics from range, which was very effective, as evidenced by my state when I arrived back here.

The whip caused so much pain that it would cause me to lock up and freeze, even from only a light hit, which the demon would follow up with knocking me down and away with its shadow magics.

Getting close was very difficult. The times I thought I managed to get next to the demon, I would suddenly black out. I would wake up moments later, but on the ground with more open cuts from its whip and cold burns from its shadows.

It wasn't long before I realised it was the creature's charm magics at play. It was hard to resist it on my own. Without the Light to protect me, I was near defenceless to it.

Things carried on like this over and over until one time, I got lucky. The demon had an injury to the back of one of its legs. The troll must had done it before he had been bested.

The demon stumbled for a moment, and I was able to just barely get in close and stab it in the abdomen.

The stabbing allowed me to keep so close that it could not use its whip nor shadows against me easily.

I managed to sink the dagger in a few more times. Of course, being a demon, that wasn't really going to be enough.

But it gave me the chance I needed. With it unable to stop me, I pushed it into one of the craters by us. Injured, with the mud slick around the sides. It could not get out.

I said about the battlefields of Draenor, yes? Back then, in the lull between battle, rain would come. Fill the craters made by the artillery. Turn the ground to mud.

Those injured but still able to move would attempt to retreat from no-man's land to get back to their side.

But they would slip. Fall into the water filled craters. The mud would be too slick for them to climb out on their own. They would cry out for help, help that could never come because of the danger.

They would call out, and they would desperately splash in the water until they didn't any more. Exhaustion would take them and they would drown.

It may have been a demon. And it may have been viciously attacking any it could. But I am not one who can sentence anything to a long, painful demise, temporary or not.

It deserved some kind of mercy. Even for the sole reason that others that suffered that fate did not get any.

I went over near to the young fallen troll – he had a spear with him. It was broken but it was long enough.

After waiting a bit of time for the demon to weaken in the water, I got a bit closer to the edge of the crater while hiding the spear behind me. The demon was already by the edge, having tried repeatedly to climb out in vain.

Standing back, I readied the broken spear and thrust down at the demon as best I could. It was pure luck but I managed to catch the creature in the head and end it without any further struggling.

Getting the body out of the crater would be far too dangerous, so I cut the horns from the succubus' head as some form of grim 'proof', I suppose. And I had to leave the rest of it floating in those waters.

As for the young troll, I just barely managed to pull his body down from the hill and to a place in the forest uncorrupted.

I called on the Light to bless his body and gave him his rites before setting his body to burn with holy flame.

What I did was not the troll of doing things of course, but he deserved something. He did not have anything to identify who he was, nor where he was from.

If the spirits invalidate the Om'riggor because of my call to the Light for him, so be it. I do not think I want the approval of such spirits if that is the case. That is everything.

Name given: Shadowbreaker.

Nakobu

• Elder
  • Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2020, 07:13:29 PM »
Za'karah:

I’ve followed my gut towards Dustwallow Marsh. It was a long way, and my wolf rode as fast as it could to get me there. I had to be there. I needed to be there. It called for me.

When I arrived, the swamp was exactly as I remembered it. Murky, gloomy, and unwelcoming. I made my way through the bushes and waded through the water as my skin got infested by mosquitoes. I was lead further and further into the swamp.

Before I knew it, I stood eye-to-eye with a crocolisk. It hissed, and I crouched down, snarling in return.

But it turned away. There was no interest. No challenge.

He wasn’t mine to fight. So I continued. Even though I was happy to feel the mud at my ankles again, I wasn’t fond of the leeches that I had to remove from between my toes. I followed my instinct, my eyes set on a prey that would return my challenge.

I wandered deeper and deeper, my stomach churning in anticipation,or hunger, or both. As I crept closer to a hillside. Here I saw another beast.

Large, hairy. With eight limbs that skittered across the ground. It reared itself up, her front legs raised and her fangs forward.. But I remained perfectly still. This beast didn’t move. It was frightened, and waited for me to pounce first.

No. I wasn’t going to squish a bug. I walked on, the spider skittering away as I climbed one of the hills to get a good look. I felt a breeze coming up from behind. But that breeze turned into a gust, my wet feet slipping on the stone. I dug my toenails into the stone, but I felt as two of them got ripped off, as I tumbled down!

When the ground caught me, I looked up, and my eyes widened. A challenger!

Above me loomed a creature that I’ve only heard of in stories.

A snake, three times the size of Thronk, loomed above me.. But that’s where I noticed it’s body wasn’t resting upon the soil. It had wings!

It bared its fangs at me, and I saw how drops of venom clung to their surface. And I couldn’t help but grin. This was my prey. Before I could act, it lashed forwards, hissing loudly as it coiled its body around mine, trying to crush me! I laughed, adrenaline now building in my veins as I sunk my teeth into its scales.

I ripped off some of the protective scales, before I dug my teeth into the exposed flesh, rending the skin apart. The flying snake panicked and let go of me. I almost grabbed it, but the wind created by its wings forced me into the ground. I snarled and growled, fighting against what felt like a storm as I clambered back to my feet.

I ran forward, zigzagging between the trees, my feet splashing in the murky water. I launched myself at the creature, jumping up and coiling my arms and legs around it.

It trashed in anger, its fangs bared. It reared its head back, and lashed out to sink its teeth into my flesh.

The venom struck my veins, feeling myself getting tensed up as the world began to spin. I tightened my arms and legs around it as I climbed up, now clenching my legs around its windpipe. Is gasped and sputtered as my body fought against the venom. As it reared its head back again, I did the same.

I opened my maw and sunk my teeth into its scaly face. CRUNCH.

And I tore its eye from its socket, bringing scale and flesh with me. It screamed out in pain. A horrifying, high-pitched sound that made my ears ring. But I didn’t give up. My arm started to tingle from the venom. My high tolerance for poisons couldn’t even fend this off. But I didn’t care. This was my hunt!

My victory!

I snarled as I grabbed the jaws of the snake who was panicking and coiling around in pain, wrestling it to the ground where I pinned it into place with my arms. Stared it down. But it opened it’s maw and electrocuted me with it’s strange magics! I fell to the ground, numb, as it wrestled me. I felt like I could pass out, but right as it tried to turn me on my back, I wrestled him back!

I worked him back to the ground. My knees pushed down on its throat as I snarled.

This was it.

"Kavara has blessed this day, as I’ve hunted in her name. Death will be your only comfort, as Sharguul will bring you to the other side. I honour you and this fight, serpent, as you were a worthy opponent. Rest now, and let your pain wash away. Thank you for this moment."

Shok, Arash, Vrashaa!

I pushed my legs down one more time, until a firm crack snapped its neck. The windpipe was crushed, and it met a swift end. I marked my face with its blood, and took his fangs and some of its feathers.

I sucked the venom out of my own shoulder and made my way back.

Name given: Venomspitter.

Rhonya

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Blood-Former Thur'ruk
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2021, 01:19:00 PM »
Grazur:

My name is Grazur, and I killed an ogre as my prey.
I advanced to the south, running as far as I could... Trying to see what animal I should kill.. There were talbuks, clefthooves.. windrocs.. but.. I couldn't bear killing them, though I know its part of the natural cycle, they had offspring to protect.
And so I continued, until I heard something near the oasis to the south, the rough and heavy laughter of an ogre. I don't have a personal hatred for ogres nor I had in mind killing him, but curiosity got the better of me as I stealthly investigated the commotion.
What I saw was that he was torturing a windroc in its last moments near one of the trees, playing with his nearly dead prey. That infuriated me, but I knew I couldn't exact vengeance with someone so strong like him so I thought.. I had the advantage that he didnt knew I was there and the fact that I was clearly much smarter than him. So I created a distraction by throwing a peeble in the opposite direction of the tree, he heard it and went to investigate, so I sneaked around through the tall underbrush and pounced on him with dagger on hand.
I was able to stick my dagger right into the back of his neck, he yelled in pain trying to get me out but his body was starting to lock up, I may have.. done some nerve damage. So I stabbed him again until he fell down prone, and so I ended his life and took his toe. I checked upon the tortured windroc and it had died with its wounds, I had to leave it there so that the local predators do their job but.. as I was about to leave I heard the smallest cries on the top of the tree, it was a nest...
So I ventured over and saw that there was one windroc hatchling left.. I know its not my place to interfere in the cycle but I couldn't leave it with good conscience so thats why I took it so I could nurse it to hopefully find a home for it.

Name given: Beastbrother
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Rhonya

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2021, 01:46:03 PM »
Bamm:

Howday y'all my name is Bamm. Well I decided to run north west to see what I could find I had this old iron chain so welded this spike to it a decided to go out a lay a trap for somethang I dont know much about tradional weaponry so I figured it would be a dang ol hinderence. Anyhow. I saw a few Talbuk grazing in the distance from me figured it was as good as anything so I stopped and checked out the area. Sheer cliff to their left mountiany slope behind em so I could either attack from right or chase em and make em run to where I was currently hiding. So I began to dig a trench with said spike enough to possibly trip one! hooo'eee i thought that would dang sweet enough.
I dug down about a foot or so down and about 3.4... shiftire 3.6 feet across. About yey big. Enough i thought ya know shitifre?
But how to use this old chain to capture one i swang it around a few times trying to get a weight for it, figured it just wing it and see what happened!
HA!
Now all i needed to do was spook em enough to stampeed though the trap! Well i snuck up on em from the right, i guess the sight of me hollering and hooting at em naked as the day i was born worked! Boy howdy did they run. big ens lil ens all of em.
I charged after them hollering and a hooting swinging my chain and the a mighty yelp from this biggun with one horn! POW POW!! He stumbled then fell i was baring down on him he barely got to his feet again when i swung this chain spike first! i aimed to wrap around his neck and by luck it did.
WOOSH WOOSH! it wrapped twice tangling up him the spike so close to piercing his flesh i thought it was over then hoohah i gots him with one single pull i thought, but dang it if he wasnt ready to stop!
He took off! chain and me attached to him. Boy howdy did that hurt beening dragged like that 20 or 30 feet i think maybe more, but I saw a tree approaching so i scambled some what to my feet and threw  myself into the tree trunk!
BOOM!! I hit it so hard i was showered in leaves wind all knocked outta me, think i busted a rib. With all my might i held on to the that chain wrapped around my arm i though it was gonna snap.
Hoooooo'EEeeeee!

The talbuk rearing and bleeting as the chain wrapped tighter! the spike which had been so close to its neck, connected penetrating i think a artery cause hoo'ee did the blood flow!
I crawled to it, i aint gonna lie to its prone bleeding body both spent, both exhausted. I looked into its eye dang spiritual i tell you what.
We had a dang moment!
I pulled the spike free and then stabbed it and tore it across the beasts neck, its eyes went dark and i was victorious. I think i yelled louder that i ever done did hooo'ee!!!
I cleaned my face of mud as best i could and smeared its blood across my face and snapped it single horn off. I'll gather its meat later! and thats my Hunt, shitfire that was fun!
Ah here i am!

Name given: Ironspark
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Rhonya

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2021, 01:52:46 PM »
Akshahe:

I am Akshahe. But a few days ago I was clanless, but now I hunt for the Red Blade! I wandered the plains a while looking for suitable prey. The windrocs were plentiful - no harm in taking one, I thought. I eyed the flock for some time. There was one - the largest one, an old matriarch, perhaps. I knew I wanted that one. But she was flying far out of reach, and my aim, one-eyed, is too poor to throw my axe so high. I had no time then to hunt anything else for bait, so I drew blood of myself instead, and smeared it on the grass. And she came! I waited long, almost gave up, but she scented blood, and she came. I charged, and she flew at me, talons out. We tangled - she gripped me in her talons, and then, when she was caught up in me and unable to fly off, I hurled my axe into her neck, and she bled.
When she fell from me I struck again to make it quicker. Death by bleeding is painful, and she deserved better for the fight she gave me! So I struck her, and then I hauled her here.

Name given: Embergaze

Rhonya

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2021, 01:56:29 PM »
Mazhga:

I am Mazhga, formerly of the Frostwolves, now of the Clan Redblade. As I set out from Garadar, I took a moment to close my eyes, and feel the grass beneath my feet. It was as if I felt a tug upon my soul, drawing me westwards. It was nothing like the Elements' guidance, no this felt different, in a sense-.. I'm not quite sure how to put it, to be entirely honest.
Eitherway, I began heading westward. It must've been some thirty-minutes before I spotted something great nestled within a tree - it's grey-blue tail plume swaying gently in the wind.
A large Windroc, unlike any I'd ever seen before, easily quadrupling me in size.. I immediately knew this to be it, this was the great beast that I had to slay. One way or another. The how, on the other hand.. Well, I've never really been a big fighter, nor fan of heights, but I knew, I -knew-, that it'd be the only way for me to defeat my target; I would have to climb, and attack it in a surprise.

..So, I drew my knife from its sheate, and stuck it into my mouth so that I could climb with more ease. Now, I mentioned that I never really were a fan of heights, but it doesn't mean I can't climb.
My sister used to-.. Well, force me to climb when we were young, and if you hadn't already guessed, she was a bit of a bully back then, rough around the edges, although she usually meant well.
But, that's another story, so back to the actual story, as I'm trying to keep it short.
Finally having made my way up the tree, seemingly without drawing the attention of the great Windroc, I took the blade from my mouth. Already knowing I wouldn't be able to sneak all the way up on it, I took the carefully calculated decision to lunge at it.

As I landed ontop of it, it immediately went into fight or flight mode, screeching loudly as it wildly flapped its wings.
 At this point I was trying to wrap myself around it, to restrain its wings, and stop it from taking off in flight - dagger still in hand, as I went for a straight stab to its neck.
..However, I had momentarily forgotten that windrocs have, well, legs, and it leapt off of the branch onto the ground, with me still upon its back, I bit into its neck to hold on, but also in an attempt to wound it, as I now had missed with the dagger.
We tumbled in the grass, and I held on for dear life. Several rolls, wing slaps, and scratches later, - yes, it got my leg with its talons, - I managed to plunge my dagger straight into its chest. Twisting the dagger its movements slowly came to a  stop, and after ensuring it no longer was moving, I rolled over onto the grass to catch my breath.
 ..After that-.. I 'tended' to my leg, it was really just a.. makeshift bandage out of my tabard.. And took my trophy, making my way back here.

Name given: Rimewind
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 05:37:04 PM by Rhonya »

Zakarah

• Path of Cunning
  • Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2021, 03:20:15 PM »
Grakaz

So... I didn’t have a plan for where to go or what to hunt. I’ve never hunted anywhere on this world, let alone this region. So I let the spirits guide me.
A part of me felt like I should do north, so north I went. When I crept through that mountain pass, I saw the most beautiful place, like something I’d never seen!
A swamp covered in massive mushrooms, as tall as trees. Like the shorelines back home, but a whole forest of them. Something about it reminded me of the Tanaan Jungle.
Not its flora or fauna or the humidity… or the mosquitos. But something… deeper?     The land itself just felt familiar. I guess it’s hard to explain, so uh- anyway! I knew I had found the right hunting grounds.
I stalked through the swamp, spotting various animals flying between the big mushroom caps. Large fireflies, fanged sting rays, and an animal that looked like some kind of… bat-mushroom-thing. I was trying to figure out how I’d reach the flying animals when I spotted my prey.

Striding through the swamp was a massive creature: as big as a house! It stood upon three tall legs and had two equally long tentacle-like arms. Its body was smaller, about the side of a wolf. It looked sort of like a squid or a jelly fish. And in its centre: a big, glowing yellow eye.
It was a fierce predator, but beautiful and graceful at the same time. I was mesmerized. I’d found my prey!

I watched the animal for a while, hiding in the brush and behind the fungal stalks. Its legs were thin, but covered in a sort of carapace. It reached down with its long arms to grab what I think was a lizard or frog from the mud to eat. I then realized I couldn’t fight it head on. Its weakest point, its softer body, was far out of my reach, but it could easily attack me with its tendrils. I had to even the odds.

I looked around and found these vines growing from one of the mushrooms. I climbed up one and started trying to gnaw through one of the vines- uh, until I realized I had a knife. Heh. I cut and gathered vines until I was satisfied. I tied the varies vines together to create a kind of makeshift rope. I then searched around for a suitably dense part of the fungal forest and I set my trap!

Once the trap was ready, I stepped out in the open near the strider and did my best wounded talbuk impression. Woooouuuuueeeeeh!
Uh, anyhow! The animal slowly turned its large eye towards me and made a startling hissing noise! I turned and ran and, predictably, it gave chase! I made sure to stay out of the way of its grasping tendrils. I was leading it back to where I had set my trap, but the strider had a trick up its sleeve…
WOOOOOOSH!

A kind of… beam of blue energy shot from its eye and towards me! I didn’t know it could do that and wasn’t prepared. It hit me in the back and I went down. It burned like mage’s fire or a shaman’s lightning. I tried to crawl away when I felt one of its arm coiling around my ankle. It lifted me up towards its maw…

…but I stabbed its arm, causing it to drop me back onto the spongy ground. I twisted my ankle, but I managed to crawl away from it just in time! I ran and turned the corner around the next mushroom. I slid through the mud, grabbed the vine I had left there and waited. Sure enough, the strider rounded corner and strode towards me. I had put the makeshift vine-rope between two fungal stalks and hid it in the shallow water. I waited till the strider was just in the right spot and…
…pulled! The vine was pulled taught and raised up. The beast’s long spindly legs tripped over the rope and it fell down to earth! I had to be quick.
I ran as quick as I could, trying to close the distance. It discharged another beam of energy, but this time I was ready! I dodged, then reached the strider. It laid belly-up and I tried to get onto it to stab its soft underbelly, but the animal fought back fiercely.
It grabbed me with its tendrils and squeezed tight. I stabbed into its underbelly as fast and as hard as I could, trying to kill it before it squeezed me to death! I stabbed and stabbed and stabbed… until its grip loosened. I had killed it!

I kneeled on the wet ground and asked the spirits to guide the soul of this fierce and graceful creature to the afterlife. And I thanked them for showing me such beauty that was the marsh. I cut out the strider’s eye and covered myself in- okay, well, I think it’s blood. There was nothing red inside it. I checked. Uh, but back to the story.

Actually, that was the story! I said one last prayer to the spirits and bade the strider farewell. It was stronger and bigger than me, but I had been faster and craftier! It was a strong beast and it fought well. I’m glad to have hunted it for my om’riggor.

Name given: the Viper

Zakarah

• Path of Cunning
  • Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2021, 03:22:00 PM »
Nrak

I am Nrak of the Dragonmaw. For my hunt, I slayed an Elekk.

My father once slew a Rylak in lands now gone. There are no Rylaks, and no wyrms like in the Highlands. I decided to hunt the biggest thin' I could find.

Grm. Many beasts roam here. Talbuk, those scrawny birds, Clefthood. Fair game. But I'd shame m' ancestors if that's all I went for. I saw an Elekk in t' distance. A big bastard o' a bull. It slowly grazed towards a tree.

I snuck alon' t' grass like, climbed t' tree an'... waited. Took t' lumberin' Elekk 'bout fifteen to twenty minutes t' get near enough..

I leapt from t' brances, axe in hand an' I drove my it down it's thick skull! There I was, a top t' Elekk, my axe lodged in it's noggin'. It trashed an' threw me off, I slammed into t' ground. It lifted me wit' it's tusk an' flung me trough t' air.

I tried liftin' my left arm an' failed, I tried runnin' but my legs refused. I stood m' ground. Fel damn me if I was goin' ter let that son o' a bitch get t' better o' me.

It charged at me. With everythin' I had left I dipped to the side, an' grabbed its hide. I poured all m' might into holdin' on. Barely managin' t' get back on its head.. There I grabbed by axe by the hilt. The beast recoiled in pain.

In it's pain it slammed into t' very tree I jumped from. That was t' moment I needed, to live, to kill. I lodged m' axe from it's skull and brought down t' killin' blow. My axe split it's skull, tore open it's skin. Ended it's life.. That was m' hunt.

Name given: the Slayer