Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 10:28:52 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 280
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 248
Total: 248
248 Guests, 0 Users

RP Focus

Started by Kozgugore, April 10, 2008, 09:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kozgugore

This is purely the way I see things. I hope you can all agree in some way on this point of view, even though we all have different priorities and preferences ingame and about the way we like to spend our time ingame, but hear me out.

It's a fact Horde RP mostly lives on its guild RP. You're not in an RP guild, you'll have a hard time finding some decent RP out there on the, say, Orgrimmar streets for example. And even in guilds, the RP is mostly about pre-planned events and WPvP. The Horde simply doesn't have any fancy places to RP at like Stormwind is. We have Silvermoon, but it's filled with elves that are quite the opposite of orcs and a lot of the random RP I've witnessed there so far is equal to Goldshire's RP level.

That's why I think you can all agree that things could be better on the Horde side in terms of RP. We can all keep on sitting and complaining about a lack of random RP, but unless we don't do anything about it, it'll stay that way. That's why it should fall to the players to get some random RP going instead of the announced event every now and then.

A perfect place for this, imo, is the open world. Yes, Orgrimmar is supposed to be the home city of orcs and should be a hub for RPers to join in, but the risk of running into silly OOCers is way too high (far higher than the chance of meeting a fellow RPer anyway). This is why we should hit the open world. Orcs are called a nomadic folk. They don't find themselves a nice place along the river and settle down there to raise some children and grow some pig farms. They're still a warrior race. That's why we'd might as well take the RP out of the usual cities and bring it to the open world. Random RP out there would include campfires, patrols, scouting trips, random assignments, hunts, raids (WPvP), you name it.

I could go on and on about these things and go into detail about them, but I'll stick to one example: Assignments. In other words, player-made quests. After all, we're orcs, no lazy pig-farmers. We should constantly be on the move and try to prove our honour. What better way to do this than to serve the Horde/tribe/etc. by performing missions? We could combine this with WPvP campaigns, and get ourselves to "settle" in a certain area for a certain period of time. In order to attack a certain Alliance location for the WPvP carnage, we'd have to perform various preparation missions, patrols, etc. for it to get started first. Sort of like a war effort. Of course you won't have to sit around in that area all the time if you don't want to, but it would serve as a perfect hub for RPing, and it would get us to see more parts of the Warcraft world as well (which is, you have to admit, starting to fall into decline with everyone just flying and teleporting everywhere without paying any heed to the environments).

Thing is, these kind of projects would heavily depend on the members themselves. Of course I can organise these kind of things, but would -YOU- be willing enough to contribute to these events? If not by organising them, simply by joining in to prove yourself to the tribe/Horde? Would you be willing to commit some time to some random RP every now and then, or even once, a week inbetween all the levelling, questing, grinding, farming and instancing? Would you be willing to kick RP back alive?
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Greggar

Very well said Kozgugore. I couldn't agree more. And of course I'd love to help.
Thing is that I'm not that 'wauw' at organising like you are. I got many ideas but making them real was always a problem for me on alot of concepts.
But of course I will try to help as much as I can.
Because orcs are green..Doesn't mean they can do photosynthesis..Or can they?

Meruve

having a hard time actually logging in. I'll promise to do what I can by just pumping ic / rp into the guild channel (but I'm seriously too often doing lastminute other things to be a reliable attender to events, srry!).

Talchar Bloodcry

anything with world PvP is instant win

Rehbande

Of course I'll do my best to be there and help out as much as I can.

It's always fun to be out in the world. You actually have a better chance of encountering arrpee if you show it yourself. By being a few orcs together on a small mission, visiting a village to see how things are and so on you encounter people that will be interested in what you're doing and open arrpee opportunities.

It's springtime. During the hot summer months Orgrimmar gets very hot. It would be an ideal time to move our base around the world to different orc (and other) places/settlements/villages. We actually had something like this going a long time ago, which was very fun.

Nergul

/signed

i remember doing this before also, wasnt it a warband back then?
''I can smell your fear''

Drakash

I is in. In any ways needed.
00:18:13 [Y] [Carlohater]: im not a moster.... IM AN ORC!

Braggha

Im all in.

We can add patrols, diversions and training camps for lowbies :)

Halnok

I totally agree! Even though i'm not in the tribe i could probably attend those things that are open for the horde as a unity. :)

Djangor

(( I think it is a great idea. Maybe it should be spread to Covenant. There is too little inter-guild RP too in my opinion, and we have a lot of great RP guilds on DB))

Kozgugore

I indeed copy/pasta-ed this post to the Covenant forums as well, but rarely anyone bothers to look there, let stand read long walls of text. I'll see if we can make this happen on an inter-guild level if this proves successful in OotRB though. ;>

Tirnak Lynxclaw

Quote from: Drakash on April 11, 2008, 02:45:27 PM
I is in. In any ways needed.

You make it sound so naughty...

Anyway, as always, I r in!

Kozgugore

At yesterday's tribe meeting, I tried to set some sort of example of how this thing would work, only then this was all in one night, instead of a whole week or so, of course.

What I tried to make clear IC is that orcs will recieve their share of respect when they earn it through action. Concerning action: I can keep on organising pre-planned events, but it will give little to no boost to random RP. There's still another way to boost this through events though. But those would be random events. For example, Drakash approached me only a minute after I finished my little speech, offering his IC services. This enabled me to give him something to do IC without being afraid I'll be disturbing his gametime. Because I of course can't tell whether a person is up for some RP or not.

In other words, performing many good deeds will give you credit IC. That way, the tribe'll look a bit more like a meritocracy without leaving any orcs out of the loop.

Meruve

Just wondering: while it is not directly useful, can non-blades also gain reputation with the orcs of the red blade? Might be nice for non-orc alts.

translation: I was playing a druid before going on orcspawn to join this fabulous guild, and my eternal let'strythisclass desire is pulling me back to a drood again. See here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/kenpatt/WoWScrnShot_041308_005411.jpg

Greggar

what does that pic have anything to do with rp? :p
Because orcs are green..Doesn't mean they can do photosynthesis..Or can they?